Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
Hamilton , Montana
28F here last night....

...and saving our garden negated any work on La Tortuga. The tanks are all empty but I meant to pour some Rv antifreeze into the system, but didn't get to it.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Savage68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
'Bout the same here a couple of nights ago. I managed to blow out all the lines (now PEX) and add some pink stuff to the traps beforehand. The aftermath of the current storm ought to do it again to us this weekend.

Lynn
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Much closer to 28C than 28F at night here... I'm kinda jealous. At least we're getting back toward decent camping weather.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Much closer to 28C than 28F at night here...
LULZ

28° F overnight wouldn't cause any problem. The thermal inertia of the mass of your Airstream will keep the inside a fair bit warmer than that. Just trying to fun our Texas commenters that the 30s is warm.

A sign of things to come? Sure is.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
Hamilton , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
LULZ

28° F overnight wouldn't cause any problem. The thermal inertia of the mass of your Airstream will keep the inside a fair bit warmer than that. Just trying to fun our Texas commenters that the 30s is warm.

A sign of things to come? Sure is.

That's encouraging news. We're in the northern Rockies and our autumn comes early at times. I finally found Rv antifreeze after discovering that the local Rv guy does not sell the stuff. He only uses it to service rv's, except AS's are a mystery to him and he knows squat about hitches, we'd or otherwise.
Avoid him, he's a waste of time.
Savage68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
Just trying to fun our Texas commenters that the 30s is warm.
I'm not from Texas, but Louisiana ain't much different from our neighbor to the west, just more humid. Our overnight lows right now are around 75°F and our daytime highs are still almost 90°F.

Still, I can remember back in the last Ice Age when 30°F was warm. I lived in northern Maine for four years as a kid, when my dad was stationed at Loring AFB. We lived in an uninsulated 38'×8' mobile home, and I can still remember getting out to pile snow higher against the trailer walls to block the wind. Frost on the inside walls all winter, melting snow in a pot on the stove for bathing water. Bright orange flags on all four fenders of the family car so the snowplows don't run over it when they clear the roads. Oh, the joys of 24/7 below-freezing temps for three months straight…

I don't miss it. At all. Except being able to sometimes see the Aurora Borealis from our front yard. That was nice.