Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Glen Burnie , Maryland
Funny thing is, it is not the one I was looking for or the one I wanted, she called my name when I saw the pictures and it was love when I met her in person. My guy withheld his affection for the trailer (for a number of reasons-major one being all the work that needs to be done lol) but has been warming up and getting excited as well.

Who knew I would fall so hard for a Painted trailer... focusing on some new tires right now, crazy how well the dry rotted tires held (we were blessed/lucky), I dislike the rims, anyway maybe we can paint them as well?
DLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiky View Post
Funny thing is, it is not the one I was looking for or the one I wanted, she called my name when I saw the pictures and it was love when I met her in person. My guy withheld his affection for the trailer (for a number of reasons-major one being all the work that needs to be done lol) but has been warming up and getting excited as well.

Who knew I would fall so hard for a Painted trailer... focusing on some new tires right now, crazy how well the dry rotted tires held (we were blessed/lucky), I dislike the rims, anyway maybe we can paint them as well?
Before and after paint. Notice the rims were painted to match.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2395793341.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	563.2 KB
ID:	207405   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2526118462.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	207406  

Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Glen Burnie , Maryland
Looks really nice! On another thread I read where one couple painted the top of their Silver Airstream white (for heat and to seal) do many do that?

The way configuration of your backyard and the way the camper is parked is exactly like we have Wiky except there is a chain link fence very close on the right side along the driveway!

Looked through your gallery of all your pics... wow have you done ALOT of work on yours, amazing!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Arlington , Virginia
Loved the story of your pick up and ride home so much that I read it out loud to my husband. We felt SO much better about our November pick up/comedy of errors after reading it! Our pick up took two separate trips and also included a trip to Advance Auto Parts. Best wishes to you.
millionsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Glen Burnie , Maryland
Nightmare returns with dream trailer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millionsafari View Post
Loved the story of your pick up and ride home so much that I read it out loud to my husband. We felt SO much better about our November pick up/comedy of errors after reading it! Our pick up took two separate trips and also included a trip to Advance Auto Parts. Best wishes to you.
TWO trips, yours sounds even more interesting! We might have given up and returned later, but it was 5hrs away, both had work the next day (after getting to bed past 3:30am we both called in sick *shrugs*) we would have had to wait two weeks before returning. It was Do-or-Die...

I left much of the trip out of the thread thinking no one would really care and it might bore them, like the Nice Auto Zone guy who basically gave us some stuff trying to help make the dang lights work. Or the Guy at Stucky's (or was it Lov's? We stopped EVERYWHERE) who took pity and worked on the connections, crawled on the ground trying to help us. He let us know we could park overnight and sleep in the trailer, but dont stay longer than 3days or we would be towed.

Or how about the first time I have ever seen my man (almost) give up on me, telling me "I'm done" and me being a big meanie saying, "we are not home yet, it is not done, you don't get to stop yet. You DON't GET TO TO DONE yet" or about him being so wiped out that he fell asleep in the passenger side me driving (1st time in 30yrs with someone else driving he has done that). He woke up to me white knuckling it, driving through in the snow globe winter snowfreaking wonderland, following the salt trucks so I would know where the dang road was. I hate feeling helpless or unable to do something and that trip almost defeated me.

I want to hear your story please, so cough it up... (gonna go look to see if you posted it elsewhere already!)
Old 03-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Arlington , Virginia
Well we can start with the nutty PO, who understandably did not want to let go of her baby. She was 2nd owner and her children grew up camping in the airstream and there were many many excellent memories. But she took our $$ and let go eventually. Took us a couple of months to get to that point! We also paid little too much - but it was IT. I know you understand.

Most of the issued revolved around mismatch of old trailer / new truck. Once we found an insert sleeve for the hitch recepticle on Sunday afternoon, the PO was not impressed and insisted we get it welded. So 3 hours back to Arlington VA, to read more on the forums and get it welded. We went back down a couple of weeks later, and managed the hook up, etc. without the PO knowing we were in town. Much smoother in general - but trust me, we had the user manuals out! The drive home was lovely. We've had one test camping trip while our floors were being refinished this month. That was a huge success, except for waking up to empty propane tanks and a 6 degree morning at Bull Run Park! Luckily, the furnace had run most of the night and the cold was bearable enough to get underway. So, now you know -- your excursion was definitely more exciting! Here's to us newbies! Lisa
millionsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Marietta , Georgia
Congrat's on your trailer Wiky. I'm so glad you started your thread because you're going to have a lot to say over time. I'll be following along with your story and look forward to seeing all your pics!