Done. We got the axles installation completed over the weekend. The first axle took about 6 hours (including 4 trips to the store and lunch). It wasn't hard just cumbersome and with only one hydraulic lift it was hard to get the old ones out, they just kept getting hung up since both sides weren't lowering evenly. The second one took about an hour. For some reason that axle didn't give the lift any grief, go figure. I'm glad it was the second one that was easy. We had to leave the wiring for Sunday but that's finished now too.
We discovered we only gained about an inch in height but that wasn't because the old axles were still good, they'd simply frozen in place at a high spot! The size of the old to new shocks were shocking! The old ones were in permanently compressed state. Needless to say our previous tows have been very stiff and we're looking forward to towing this weekend (to Springstream) and feel how smoothly it goes.
I'm not sure how to post photos here from my other forum but here's a link to see the highlights of what we did.
New Axles - www.glampingforum.com
and more pics here on facebook but not in any order...