Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Port Royal , South Carolina
1973 Argosy 24' Owners Manual

As luck would have it, our 1973 Argosy 24' came w/ an original owners manual and set of keys! Lot's of work to do on this forty one year old fixer upper but we are really excited! WOOF...
Joeymoran01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymoran01 View Post
As luck would have it, our 1973 Argosy 24' came w/ an original owners manual and set of keys! Lot's of work to do on this forty one year old fixer upper but we are really excited! WOOF...
Nice!
Got any pics?

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Port Royal , South Carolina
Pic's of 41 yr. old fixer' upper

I'll try to get some posted this evening (before & after) exterior wash. The interior is a mess, first pulled all the shag carpet, thinking how I will replace rotten floor board at the door and new door gasket.
Joeymoran01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Do you need any of the manuals for the appliances, or are they with your trailer as well?
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
Argosy Manual

I bought a 1973 Argosy. I am looking to locate a manual. Since your manual come with your Argosy, I am wondering if the manual has information on the plumbing and electrical?

Thanks!
Kimya
Kimya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Do you realise the previous post is 5 years old.
I have a manual on my '74 Argosy 26'.
Not much info on electric and plumbing.
I might be able to help with some of your questions.
The only difference I see between your coach and mine is a grey water tank.
Be glad to help where I can.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:39 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
T.G. Tinkle,

Thanks for offering help.

The Argosy I bought is more or less gutted. (except the stove, sink and fridge which I am in the process of selling). Because my Argosy is gutted, I really am not sure of the original lay out of plumbing and electricity. (the fresh water tank and black tank under the back floor are still intact.) Do you have any suggestions of how I can learn or at least get an idea of the plumbing & electric lay out?

Thanks again T.G. Twinkle (great name, by the way)
Old 04-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
What are your plans for the coach?
Originally the water pump was under the gaucho on the street side front. The fresh water tank was above the floor across the front of the coach.
The water heater was under the street side twin bunk. A single copper water line ran from the pump to the rear of the coach where it connected to the water heater. Then onto the bath sink, toilet and shower. It continued across the front of the toilet and tub then onto the curb side up to the galley sink.
The hot water line ran parallel to the cold water to all fixtures.
The single house battery resides in a battery box located on the street side rear of the coach.
The original converter and fuse panel was located on the street side rear under the lower closet shelf.
The toilet sat on a platform directly above the black water tank. Which was located above the floor.
There was no grey water tank in a '73.
The furnace was located below the stove/oven combo.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:39 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
My plans for the coach is a dinette/bed in the front over the fresh water tank. On the left side when you enter from the door will be a counter area and sink. As of right now I am thinking of putting a wood counter opposite side. Not sure which side I'll put the fridge? (it will go under one of the counters). In the back, the shower on the left side and toilet on the right side. That is my plan at the moment.

I see I have a black pan. It is underneath the floor. (perhaps it has been moved–according to what you said above).

Thank you for describing the layout. Some questions. What is a gaucho? When you say "street side," are you referring to the side that has the entrance door on it?

Do you have any recommendations of where I can locate a drawing of the electric/plumbing layout for 1973 Argosy? Your descriptions are very helpful. Since I am a visual person, visuals are always helpful for me.

Thanks again!!
Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimya W View Post
My plans for the coach is a dinette/bed in the front over the fresh water tank. On the left side when you enter from the door will be a counter area and sink. As of right now I am thinking of putting a wood counter opposite side. Not sure which side I'll put the fridge? (it will go under one of the counters). In the back, the shower on the left side and toilet on the right side. That is my plan at the moment.

I see I have a black pan. It is underneath the floor. (perhaps it has been moved–according to what you said above).

Thank you for describing the layout. Some questions. What is a gaucho? When you say "street side," are you referring to the side that has the entrance door on it?

Do you have any recommendations of where I can locate a drawing of the electric/plumbing layout for 1973 Argosy? Your descriptions are very helpful. Since I am a visual person, visuals are always helpful for me.

Thanks again!!
Gaucho=couch across front of coach.
Street side=that side which faces the street when you are standing in the coach looking forward.
Curb side= that side which faces the curb. Where the entrance door is located.
Check your private message. I sent my email address.
The refer vent thru the floor and roof are on the street side along with the propane line. You will need all of these if you install an RV refer.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #11
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
This is the first time I have been on the forum for a couple of years. Life (and sadly, death) have got in the way the last little while.
My manuals got water damaged but I do think there are several that are in not too bad shape. I will open up my trailer and take a look.
I think one is a repair manual with full electrical in it.
I am reluctant to let that one go, but would be happy to take a pic of relevant pages and post somewhere if thats allowed and not infringing a copyright?
I would just need to know whats needed and where to post.
I guess I could share it via dropbox/Gdrive too.

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
Argosy Electrical Manual

Aloha Bex,

I’m glad you’re alive and kicking. And for your dear one that passed, may they rest in heaven and live forever in your heart.

I am excited to hear you have some Argosy manuals. Especially the electrical one. Perhaps the one that got water damaged could be dried out? And still be useful.

I would appreciate you sharing any electrical and plumbing info you have.

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #13
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I'll get at it Saturday

Old 04-05-2019, 10:29 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
Thanks!!
Old 04-05-2019, 10:36 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
I appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #16
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sadly, 3 are beyond saving, 2 are potentially salvageable and i have them drying out slowly. One is a repair manual for a 76 excella.
The service bulletin binder is in poor the fare condition and contains some technical information as well as product party numbers and codes, will, as far as i can make out.
When dry, i will take individual pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190406_1349015.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	337477  
Old 04-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
Bex,

Thanks for taking the time to look. And I am interested in whatever electrical/plumbing info that remains of the manuals.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #18
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Bex,

Thanks for taking the time to look. And I am interested in whatever electrical/plumbing info that remains of the manuals.
I have individual electrical schematics that i don't understand. I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to duplicate them and get them to you and others that might want them.
I'm thinking i would takes them to s printer and ask of they can copy them digitally onto a drive in pdf format.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated
Old 04-09-2019, 02:09 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
Ojai , California
Bex,

I think you mentioned taking photo shots of the booklet/manual and sharing it Dropbox. Another way to share it is thru wetransfer.com, this site allows you to send large files easily and free. If you decide to use wetransfer.com, please let me know, I'll have to get my email to you. Those are my suggestions. What way of sharing are you thinking of sharing the electrical schematics?
Old 04-10-2019, 05:21 AM   #20
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I'm currently getting the repair sheets copied into a pdf file. Or rather, one file per section.
Then I'll see who wants what, by private message, and will go from there.

Quote:
Bex,

I think you mentioned taking photo shots of the booklet/manual and sharing it Dropbox. Another way to share it is thru wetransfer.com, this site allows you to send large files easily and free. If you decide to use wetransfer.com, please let me know, I'll have to get my email to you. Those are my suggestions. What way of sharing are you thinking of sharing the electrical schematics?