Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
kettering , northants
Help with the history of my Overlander

Hi All,
I bought our 73 Overlander in August 2010, through craigs list without seeing in person, all i saw was photos from the last owner who was a very nice man who was honest and genuine, I like to think i am a fair judge of character and as soon as i spoke with him i knew it would be ok. I contacted Mark Evans (airstreamguy.com) he inspected the Overlander and shipped it from Galveston, and 3 weeks later i collected from Southampton, UK. i spent around 15 months respectfully refurbishing the old girl to the way she is now, I even go an "honorable mention" in a recent Airforum photo competition, I was elated !

I have the original bill of sale,owners manual and service manual but no other history,

Which is where you members of Airforum may be able to help

The trailer serial no is I27D3-S1271
It was origionally sold to Mr Wallace B Kilner of Denver Colorado on 20th July 1973, by Youree Motor co, Twin Falls, Idaho.

The 2nd owner was David Piper, Edmond, Oklahoma.

I purchased from Jerry also from Oklahoma, He only had the AS for a short while due to ill health, but he said that when he got it it had been in dry storage for over 10 years, which has helped prolong her life and kept her in good condition.

Does anyone know either the 1st or 2nd owners ? or maybe you are still on the forum ? if so i'd love to get info and history on my Overlander or any pictures of her on travels around the USA.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Tim
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
kettering , northants
After i put my post on the forum, i decided to do a bit of searching, and hey presto i found the 2nd owner of my Airstream, i just googled his name and i came up on the "monaco RV Owners" website, home address was still the same, and i had his cell phone no, so i waited until 4pm UK time, which was approx 9 am your time, and called him. we had a really long chat and he said that he'd owned several Airstreams over the years inc a MH, and now he has a 45ft Monaco, When he gets home from his current trip he is going to search out some old photos and hopefully find some of my trailer back in the 80's. Fingers crossed he's got some, if so i'll post on the forum.
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote