Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #29
Rivet Master
 
summerkid's Avatar
 
1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 1961 26' Overlander
Posts: 921
then again, the priciest, best coffee in the world can't always save us from ourselves BEFORE we've had a jolt of caffeine. granted it's 3 a.m., but i was looking through posts & sipping my cappuccino, thinking how yucky it tastes this morning, was my milk going bad, what the hell? it was quite some time before i realized that i hadn't even poured the espresso in. I WAS DRINKING STEAMED MILK!!! bleagh bleagh bleagh.

the other morning i was wandering around trying to retrace my steps to find a misplaced cup & getting madder & madder. finally realized i hadn't made any yet.

i'm so on autopilot right after i wake that on those mornings when my routine is disrupted, LOOK OUT.
__________________

__________________
Of course I'm an elitist. Look around you.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #30
Rivet Master
 
ALANSD's Avatar

 
1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Has anyone tried Tim Horton's Coffee.. available in Canada and in some states.. we will be bringing some to Georgia fall Rally...
no but I guess i will be trying it!
__________________

__________________
1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #31
Rivet Master
 
streamer23's Avatar
 
NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,448
Images: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Has anyone tried Tim Horton's Coffee.. available in Canada and in some states.. we will be bringing some to Georgia fall Rally...

Large double-double is now part of the vocabulary
__________________
Mike

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member
 
AZstreamin's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 497
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
then again, the priciest, best coffee in the world can't always save us from ourselves BEFORE we've had a jolt of caffeine. granted it's 3 a.m., but i was looking through posts & sipping my cappuccino, thinking how yucky it tastes this morning, was my milk going bad, what the hell? it was quite some time before i realized that i hadn't even poured the espresso in. I WAS DRINKING STEAMED MILK!!! bleagh bleagh bleagh.

the other morning i was wandering around trying to retrace my steps to find a misplaced cup & getting madder & madder. finally realized i hadn't made any yet.

i'm so on autopilot right after i wake that on those mornings when my routine is disrupted, LOOK OUT.
Summerkid that is funny..... for the love of god please don't tow your airstreams without having your morning fix of coffee my friend!!!
__________________
AZstreamin
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain








AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member
 
2007 16' International CCD
Los Angeles , California
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 98
For me only Illy coffee.. best coffee around and comes in an Aluminum can and you should an old style italian mocha (also in Aluminum) to make the perfect expresso.
__________________
sos10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #34
Rivet Master
 
ALANSD's Avatar

 
1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,462
I carry a very neat vintage espresso maker in my Airstream. Its polished aluminum of course.
__________________
1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #35
_
 
. , .
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,812
hey alansd...

did you have the coffee tasting at the georgia rally?

or did it end up like the bacon tasting in oregon...

eat it, drink it, enjoy 'em all..

who wants a 'taste', give me a full portion!

cheers
2air'
__________________
all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #36
coffee bar on wheels
 
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wingene , Belgium Europe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Airstream and coffee

Airstream and coffee?

check out this site Expresso - Coffee Bar on Wheels (it is in Flemisch, but this is the link to the foto album).

Jan
__________________
DUXeXpresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #37
Rivet Master
 
Steve & Susan's Avatar
 
2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 543
Happycampers-

We buy 4 or 5 cans of Tim's coffee whenever we stop at a Tim's - there aren't any in the area (yet) but we're hoping. It is dee-lishyus! A 12 or 24 pack of Timbits goes well with a fresh cup or 2 or 3!
__________________
Steve & Susan
WBCCI# 03876
AIR# 6511
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #38
Moderator
 
Kevin245's Avatar

 
Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,388
Images: 9
Iv'e been in Italy since January...My blood is now 48% Hausbrandt Caffe, and 12% Illy. I plan to pick up a new Moka pot and several kilograms of both brands before coming home.

Ciao
__________________

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #39
1972 Travelux Princess 25
 
Cobourg , Ontario
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,042
If you have visited Canada and become a Tim Horton's fan... or would like to see what the fuss is about... here is the official Tim Horton's website.

Tim Hortons - About Us


They do internet sales. International shipping available soon. I can help out if you can't wait.
__________________
Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
Rivet Master
 
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
Images: 1
Thumbs up for Tim Horton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganaraska View Post
If you have visited Canada and become a Tim Horton's fan... or would like to see what the fuss is about... here is the official Tim Horton's website.

Tim Hortons - About Us


They do internet sales. International shipping available soon. I can help out if you can't wait.
In 2005 Sue and I attended the 50th Anniversary Dedication for the WBCCI in Kentville, Nova Scotia. We stayed in Kentiville and Halifax. We enjoyed our morning coffee with Tim Horton. I wish we had Tim Horton in Arizona.

Best of brew to you.
__________________
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #41
1972 Travelux Princess 25
 
Cobourg , Ontario
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
In 2005 Sue and I attended the 50th Anniversary Dedication for the WBCCI in Kentville, Nova Scotia. We stayed in Kentiville and Halifax. We enjoyed our morning coffee with Tim Horton. I wish we had Tim Horton in Arizona.

Best of brew to you.
Since Tim Horton's was bought out by Wendy's in 1995... and now has 500 US stores.... and a lot of Canadians winter in Arizona... you may soon get your wish.
__________________

__________________
Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cost to restore a gutted Airstream Draco General Interior Topics 28 02-19-2013 12:17 AM
future airstream motorhome betteleal Airstream Motorhome Forums 11 02-12-2005 02:39 PM
Best Airstream sites on the web. Vote for AirstreamForums.com! Andy R Link Archive 5 05-11-2003 03:15 PM
Airstream Related List Servers Andy R Link Archive 0 02-22-2002 03:05 PM
AirstreamTrailers.com - Airstream Link Library Andy R Link Archive 0 02-22-2002 02:31 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.