Old 06-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Paris Hilton

I wonder, if Paris Hilton had embraced the "Simple Life" with her Airstream trailer, she might not be in jail right now.

2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
Free Paris

Old 06-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Good one Klattu! Now let's all go to the Michigan thread and start a internet petiton to free the guy charged for stealing free internet at a coffee shop! After Paris, of course.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Free Paris?

Thats way to much.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
What a side show today with Paris. Crying, sobbing, and screaming when the judge sent her back to jail.

If a CNN poll is any indication on how the world feels about Paris...

9% of voters indicated she should serve her time at home.
91% of voters indicated she should serve her time in jail.

Amen.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Does anyone believe the lawer and Paris' statement that the lawyer told her that after 30 days she was free to drive with restrictions? Is there anyone that thinks that sentence was steep for driving on a suspended license with incorrect leagal advise? I am thinking she was a target for public and judicial sanction long before the situation for charges presented itself. What do you think? Another case of special celebrity being brought down, it's about time?

photography
Old 06-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
I have to agree with Carol.

I read the interview with the sheriff. It's his decision who gets home detention and who doesn't. In Kali, they generally send the non-violent criminals to home detention.

Further, I personally know a guy who was told by his lawyer (after a DUI conviction) that at such a point in time he was allowed to drive again. The guy had cleaned up and gotten a job, after going like 18 months or something without a license. One day his probation officer saw him driving a car (he was going to work) and called up the judge. As it turns out, there was some legal issue that was overlooked and the guy wasn't supposed to be driving, even though his lawyer told him he could. They yanked his license and threw him in jail. When he got out a week or so later, he'd lost his job. He fell into despondency over it and sank into a deeper level of alcoholism than he ever was in. Quite sad. And for what? Because the lawyer told him wrong? If you can't trust your lawyer to tell you what's going on with the legal baloney, who do you believe? Admittedly, the guy I know isn't that bright, but I feel the judge wrecked him over some technicality made on their end.

Back to Paris. While I'm no fan of her's, they threw her in jail in the first place over nothing. It wasn't jail for the DUI she got in September, it was jail for driving when she "wasn't" supposed to be driving. Her legal counsel told her she could.

Now I don't know what her "medical condition" is, but it could be something like thyroid dysfunction or who knows what. At any rate, it was a BS charge that they locked her up for in the first place. Then the sheriff says the girl is should be in home detention and puts her there. Only then does the judge get bent out of shape, order her to be hauled to court in shackles (when the norm in these cases is to teleconference in by phone) and throws her in jail and threatens contempt against the sheriff.

To me this is a clear case of "Soak the rich". She didn't do anything to warrant all of this. The sheriff even said so. There are thousands out there saying "Justice is done and about time!" But it is the soak the rich mentality.

There is justice, and then there is excess. She is being treated worse than the average person here. It's supposed to be equal and fair for all.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
This was not the first time she violated the conditions of her probation on the earlier DUI.

70 MPH in a 35 zone with out headlights on might be enough reason alone to toss her in jail. Regarding the medical condition, I read that she would not eat while in jail and since she is so thin, she was possibly weak from lack of food.

From FindLaw.com: But according to prosecutors, Hilton violated at least three terms of her probation. First, she failed to enroll in an alcohol education course within 21 days of her sentencing.

Second, she had several traffic violations after receiving probation. On February 27, 2007, she was stopped by L.A. Sheriff Deputies for driving “a new Bentley” at 70 m.p.h. in a 35 m.p.h. zone “in darkness without her headlights on,” and without a valid driver’s license. Hilton’s license had been suspended by California&rsquos; Department of Motor Vehicles in November 2006 for having an "Excessive Blood Alcohol Level.”

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Well, if you guys haven't heard, she's back in jail!

The judge got pisssssssed off at Sheriff Lee Baca! The judge had Paris turn in the ankle braclett at around 11:00 am this morning while she was crying, and this time the L.A. County jailer took her back to (not 23 days but 45 DAYS ! in the can) the Lynwood jail to serve her FULL sentence. She cried "Mom, Mom, this isn't fair !"
Well guess what.... Sometimes life isn't fair.

Sincerely (lol)

Safari-Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I did some more further reading too Bill since I posted and I did see that she violated her conditions more than once and that I can clearly see as a big folly and something that probably cannot be tapped on the wrist for.

Also since my last post you guessed it she is all over the news (as she was prior as well) I did more internet reading too. But this circus is not entirely Paris' fault. You can't fault Paris for trying to get out (well you can) but you don't have to listen eh? So they let her out and she feels relief and then they haul her back. Now her excuse is that she is Paris... what is going on with the judge and the sheriff? No charges against the sheriff for contempt for releasing her, but the judge brings her back, and from what I am reading here, time has been added back? I am with Paris' cries to mum, it's not fair, you're in , you're out , you're in. There are people attached to these actions and paris nor anyone should be treated as a pawn.

photography
Old 06-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
If anyone heard the CNN thing about Paris you would understand just how much trouble this girl has been in. She has repeatedly violated probation and scoffed at taking any resposiblity for Her actions. Celebs are treated differently. There is some validity to it because if they were thrown in jail with the regular inmates...they would be harmed. The sad thing is there are so many with so much willing to throw it all away just because they think they are special. And why wouldn't they think they are special....We treat them that way...above the rest of us. OJ got away with it.....and I worked with a lady who thought it was fine for Him to walk because She liked him and thought He has suffered enough??? OOO the tangled web we weave.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
For better of for worse, they need to make a decision on her punishment, AND STICK TO IT.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
For better of for worse, they need to make a decision on her punishment, AND STICK TO IT.

Well Put.
The only reason these situations make this much noise, is that we alllow them too, and even perpetuate them. Why, with all the good things to spend our time on (cocktails under the awning watching the sun go down, finishing touchs on that cool new upgrade to our trailers), do we give a @#$% about the activities of a spoiled rotten kid, whom has no regard for anyone or anybody?
jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I did some more further reading too Bill since I posted and I did see that she violated her conditions more than once and that I can clearly see as a big folly and something that probably cannot be tapped on the wrist for.

Also since my last post you guessed it she is all over the news (as she was prior as well) I did more internet reading too. But this circus is not entirely Paris' fault. You can't fault Paris for trying to get out (well you can) but you don't have to listen eh? So they let her out and she feels relief and then they haul her back. Now her excuse is that she is Paris... what is going on with the judge and the sheriff? No charges against the sheriff for contempt for releasing her, but the judge brings her back, and from what I am reading here, time has been added back? I am with Paris' cries to mum, it's not fair, you're in , you're out , you're in. There are people attached to these actions and paris nor anyone should be treated as a pawn.
She was also under the influence while driving 70 in a 35 with no lights. The sentance was always 45 days, the assumption was that she would be out in 23 with good behavior, that option may be out the window. True, the LA Sheriff bears responsibility also.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote