Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream "In the News"
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #161
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
. . .
One thing (among several) I suggested is that if he is in any way associated with the other "Andersen" carving he needs to own up to that immediately. He will have no credibility in his apology if that is his doing and he waits for the world to discover it rather than fess up now and start the restoration, reparation and education campaign.
. . .
An excellent suggestion! Please let us know what you hear.

Peter
Old 04-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #162
4 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Wonder if this is a case of Affluenza? Guess this runs counter to those who claim, due to wealth and privilege, they are the leaders and decision makers of this country.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #163
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
-- snip -- lionized -- snip --
lionize definition "give a lot of public attention and approval to (someone); treat as a celebrity."

No approval intended, but a lot of negative attention, yes! Knocking a kid's teeth out might be a bridge too far to teach good behavior, but it was certainly a clever thought. Pat
Old 04-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Knocking a kid's teeth out might be a bridge too far
I guess it depends how hard he got hit. If he got hit really hard, the bridge would have gone really far.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Our replacement Camco devices came yesterday. The red ones will be disposed of properly.....

That guy needs a clean navel to see where he is headed.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
Old 04-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #166
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Our replacement Camco devices came yesterday. The red ones will be disposed of properly.....

That guy needs a clean navel to see where he is headed.
Yep, got our new Camco levelers yesterday. They are shorter and look like they will fit more conveniently under a double-axle trailer. Love that the ramp chocks have rubber surfaces to help prevent them slipping when placed under the ramp after leveling the trailer.

Strange but true: Buying two individual ramps on Amazon was a few dollars cheaper than buying a pair of ramps in a single package.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Yep, got our new Camco levelers yesterday. They are shorter and look like they will fit more conveniently under a double-axle trailer. Love that the ramp chocks have rubber surfaces to help prevent them slipping when placed under the ramp after leveling the trailer.

Strange but true: Buying two individual ramps on Amazon was a few dollars cheaper than buying a pair of ramps in a single package.

Mine came today too - I'm still at the office but DW wanted to know what her hoarder DH was buying now! [emoji3]

Curious if anyone has used them yet. About 10% of the reviews say they slip (before using the chock) but I think people said that about the red ones too and I never had that problem.

I re-emailed Andersen again last night having heard nothing from them since emailing last Friday and entering my comments/suggestions on his personal "apology" page Saturday.

The red ones go in the recycle in tomorrow....
Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #168
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Oh - and yes - I noticed the Amazon pricing as well and ordered 2 individual ones rather than the paired kit. Weird!
Old 04-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #169
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
Mine came today too - I'm still at the office but DW wanted to know what her hoarder DH was buying now! [emoji3]
You have to be more clever fellow hoarder. Have them mailed to the office. Some women will buy clothes, place them in dry cleaning bags stored in the car, to avoid questions from the husband. Good luck SSM
Old 04-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #170
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
I'm curious why the Moab Times-Independent has not run a story on this. There was an article dated May 2016 that reported on the carvings to Frame Arch with the name "Andersen" but nothing that I can find on this most recent episode.

I would have thought that this would be of interest to the citizens of Moab.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #171
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I don't have load levelers but have considered buying them more than once... will definitely NOT buy Andersens.

Wonder if other forums like Tin Can Tourists or Escapees have been alerted? Perhaps Camping World might be asked to boycott their products? Wonder if Amazon has gotten any "decent products BUT not a company I will buy from due to..."?

What would Ghandi do?
Old 04-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #172
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
You have to be more clever fellow hoarder. Have them mailed to the office. Some women will buy clothes, place them in dry cleaning bags stored in the car, to avoid questions from the husband. Good luck SSM

I have so much to learn! [emoji3]
Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #173
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I don't have load levelers but have considered buying them more than once... will definitely NOT buy Andersens.

Wonder if other forums like Tin Can Tourists or Escapees have been alerted? Perhaps Camping World might be asked to boycott their products? Wonder if Amazon has gotten any "decent products BUT not a company I will buy from due to..."?

What would Ghandi do?

Paula - I have seen this story in some other forums - including the Oliver forum where a user asked the Oliver company not to be supportive. I think earlier in this thread others have mentioned seeing the story in other places maybe even including Escapees.

Good question about Amazon reviews and others....I'm still sick to my stomach thinking about the selfishness and stupidity of this....

And he's not alone - others are just as selfish and stupid - but for someone who makes his living (and employs others who make their living) from people who typically understand "leave no trace" - it's just baffling.....
Old 04-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #174
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Yep, got our new Camco levelers yesterday. They are shorter and look like they will fit more conveniently under a double-axle trailer.
That' why I returned the Ander$en$. They didn't work well between the wheels.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #175
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy1 View Post
I'm curious why the Moab Times-Independent has not run a story on this. There was an article dated May 2016 that reported on the carvings to Frame Arch with the name "Andersen" but nothing that I can find on this most recent episode.

I would have thought that this would be of interest to the citizens of Moab.
Article in different source on 4/5/18:

http://www.moabsunnews.com/news/arti...ec3bb9075.html

See also:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blm+...firefox-b-1-ab
https://idahostatejournal.com/member...53287525d.html
Old 04-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #176
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:

Curious if anyone has used them yet. About 10% of the reviews say they slip (before using the chock) but I think people said that about the red ones too and I never had that problem.

I re-emailed Andersen again last night having heard nothing from them since emailing last Friday and entering my comments/suggestions on his personal "apology" page Saturday.

The red ones go in the recycle in tomorrow....
The Camco levelers looks smaller (pictures can be deceiving I know). Are they smaller and are they lighter?

Just curious.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #177
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
There are a lot of folks who just do not understand the "leave no trace" protocol for public lands. There are a lot of people who think "boys will be boys" or similar. There are a lot of folks who do not think ........

Teach your kids the importance of conserving our resources and public lands. Object to bad behavior. Do not support an offender. Do not forget.

Thanks to all of you for your contribution in thought, action and influence to improve the protection of our public lands. Pat
Old 04-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #178
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Oh - and yes - I noticed the Amazon pricing as well and ordered 2 individual ones rather than the paired kit. Weird!
They seem to have corrected that -at least for me. They vary their prices based on your history. For me, now, it's cheaper to by the two pack.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #179
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Raised three Eagle Scouts. If they camp somewhere, you would be hard pressed to determine where they had camped---they know how to "leave no trace".

It's a matter of proper training by their parents as well... This Andersen character would be spoken of by my dear wife as having a "lack of home education," which is the absolute WORST thing her culture can say about another person... Its a lot like being caught, tried, convicted, and sentenced for something totally heinous and nonredeemable, all by uttering those 4 little words...and she'd be right, in this case.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #180
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
The other day I saw the Camco levelers packaged with an anti-slip mat. I can't find it now.
Closed Thread