Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream "In the News"
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:33 AM   #101
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
York , Pennsylvania
Andersen levelers vandalism reactions

Well hmmmm. I certainly don’t condone the behavior of Andersen and there should be consequences. But I just received my levelers this week; all bought and paid for, and from what I’ve read a good product. I agree with boycotting a business as a form of private protest, for all the good it actually does. But a lot of vitriol here. Hangings, pitchforks, tattooing; all hyperbole I’m sure. But as much as I know Anderson’s actions to have been deplorable, I’m using my levelers. I only hope no one takes it upon themselves to stone my AS trailer in protest.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:39 AM   #102
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH25TWIN View Post
Well hmmmm. I certainly don’t condone the behavior of Andersen and there should be consequences. But I just received my levelers this week; all bought and paid for, and from what I’ve read a good product. I agree with boycotting a business as a form of private protest, for all the good it actually does. But a lot of vitriol here. Hangings, pitchforks, tattooing; all hyperbole I’m sure. But as much as I know Anderson’s actions to have been deplorable, I’m using my levelers. I only hope no one takes it upon themselves to stone my AS trailer in protest.
You should know no one here would do that.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2018 27' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Quote:
If it happens please post it here.

Tow Vehicle: 2020 F-350 6.7L Diesel
Old 04-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
The bottom line is he and his family have failed the campers, hikers, walkers, visitors of that beautiful arch by defacing it. He has failed his family and especially his sons by showing them it is acceptable to deface our parks and try to cover it up by changing the plates on the vehicle. Teaching the boys wrong is not right. This could lead to them thinking it is acceptable to do much greater damage, theft or worse.
Actually I rate these low life's along with those that hunt our worlds beautiful wild animal for sport.
When we all visit the arch we will see the damage and we will focus on it rather than the arch and its history.
When I walk through any park and see trash on the ground I pick it up and put it where it belongs. Sadly, we can not undo this damage.
Shameful
Old 04-07-2018, 07:58 AM   #105
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
If one just received a recently ordered product made by this company, one is most likely well within the returns window. Easy enough to return that item and buy something else (e. g. Camco levelers) should one wish to do so.

Also: if you ever actually see the kind of vitriol you hyperbolically described, please report those posts immediately.

Quote:

Old 04-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #106
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
He should be tarred and feathered...
Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #107
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' International
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Quote:
Of course no one would stone your trailer! But someone might use a magic marker on your Andersen levelers!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Idiot!
Funny thing to me is I took a pass on these levelers because I don't want a piece of bright colored plastic under my wheels when I'm out camping and spoiling the natural environment, This guy has no concept of that.

For sure won't be using them now.

Alan
Old 04-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #109
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Ordered four of the Camco 44423 Curved Leveler and Wheel Chock product from Amazon just now (funny that the pair was $5.79 more expensive than two singles). With Amazon Prime, we do not pay the freight.

I will dispose of the four Anderson units even though one pair had not yet been used.

No need to draw unnecessary negative attention to our two trailers.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
Old 04-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #110
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
The law differentiates between stupidity (negligence) and bad faith (intent). Here, this fellow was warned and nevertheless continued his ways. Furthermore, at the end of the incident, he changed his license plates. It is reasonable to infer that by doing so, he intentionally took an action to avoid being caught for having done what he did. The evidence indicates that he knew what he was doing was wrong, he did it anyway, and then attempted to avoid being caught for having done it. In my book, that's bad faith; he committed an intentional, inexcusable act, for which he deserves substantial punishment. If I were the Court, he'd be going to jail, not passing Go and not collecting $200. He needs time to seriously reconsider his actions against society.
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #111
2 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Anderson , Indiana
I wouldn't throw away products, kind of like flushing money IMO.

I would spray paint over or remove logos.

That said if anyone wants me to dispose of their $1000 hitch let me know, ill "get rid of it" [emoji23]
Old 04-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #112
Lynnsr

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by heslinhotel View Post
I am appalled by this jerks actions. He obviously has larceny in his heart.

After all who carries a spare set of plates for their car and tt? And if he did not have a spare set were they going to steal a set from someone else?

I hope they look into a maximum penalty sentence, 1yr in jail AND $100K fine.

I will do everything in my power to point out this idiot to anyone I see camping who is using his products what he did.
heslinhotel,
I agree with your sentiments, except the last line.

I have an Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch that works very very well, that he personally had a little or nothing to do with the design of. If you see me camping, always love to have someone say hello, but Don't presume give me advise regarding my choices if not asked.

This guy(Anderson) is obviously a stupid spoiled second-generation Darwinian.

Lynnsr
Old 04-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #113
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
I think they will use the "Affluenza" Defense.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #114
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Ordered our Camco leveler ramps just now. If we like them, we’ll toss the red ones.
What will you do if your not happy with the Camco?
Old 04-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #115
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
What will you do if your not happy with the Camco?

To be determined. Hoping I like the Camco ramps better!

Old 04-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #116

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Owner of Andersen Hitches vandalizes in Arches NP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsmiley View Post
I wouldn't throw away products, kind of like flushing money IMO.

I would spray paint over or remove logos.

That said if anyone wants me to dispose of their $1000 hitch let me know, ill "get rid of it" [emoji23]

If I did have an andersen product I would be making a YouTube video of me cutting it into unusable pieces. In fact if anyone has such products and desire I’ll help with shipping and do it for you! And guarantee it won’t be “gotten rid of” back into use.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #117
2 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Anderson , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
If I did have an andersen product I would be making a YouTube video of me cutting it into unusable pieces. In fact if anyone has such products and desire I’ll help with shipping and do it for you! And guarantee it won’t be “gotten rid of” back into use.
I want this level of disposable income. Oh I'll just destroy something I spent $1000 on because the owner of the company that made it did something wrong.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #118
Lynnsr

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
Easy to say, since you don't have an Anderson product, I doubt you put your money where your mouth is.

Lynnsr
Old 04-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #119
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
I suggest everyone picket & demonstrate any supplier of Andersen products.
signs with Andersen products on it and a big red X.
Maybe T shirts .. nationally.. A picture of him and his "art work"
Stickers given to everyone you know.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #120
Lynnsr

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Anderson Idiot

Personally I wish for world peace.

Lynnsr
Closed Thread