Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream "In the News"
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Said he just didn't think before doing it. My guess is he didn't think he would get caught. I think the best punishment would be public service cleaning graffiti but not in our parks, rather on the streets of Detroit.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
2012 28' Flying Cloud
Waukesha , Wisconsin
If this is the kind of judgement this man exercises, how could i ever trust him to sell me a tool that is intended to protect my trailer, tv, family and others around me on the road. In his own words "I exercise bad judgment".
Old 04-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #43
Something Shiny

2017 27' International
Mosinee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
From the earlier post by "Phillip Jones, Let's all take a big breath. He definitely made a mistake and I suspect he has learned from the public shaming".

I agree about the public shaming and lessons. I would hope none of my many mistakes in life would grow to such a public outcry. That has to be difficult.

I feel for him and his family. There is likely more to the story that we'll never know.

I get stuck at the point where the passersby did try to warn him, did try to stop him and he kept at it. They say once you know better you should do better. If he really wasn't aware of what he was doing people were making him aware so why not stop then.

Then when you realize a real level of responsibility or consequence is going to impact you you make your children complicit. You send them to the parking lot to switch license plates. Really,,,,,, I believe that speaks to the character of a person more than to the level of the mistake he made.

His letter of apology was contrite but still sounded a bit entitled to me. Darn him for being all about himself.
There were two adults involved in this vandalism, the man carving his initials and the woman that stood there watching; two bad parental examples, in light of the fact that even their daughter supposedly joined in.

I find it difficult to empathize with these vandals ... it's easy to compose an apology after having been caught committing the crime.
ProPride hitch, 1400#
2018 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
Old 04-06-2018, 09:42 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
gainesville , Virginia
Philip Jones SEZ: "Let's all take a big breath. He definitely made a mistake and I suspect he has learned from the public shaming. Let us all hope we don't make similar mistakes in the future, as we are all human.

I love my Andersen products and this lapse of judgement has nothing to do with the company."

"I am extremely sorry" I GOT CAUGHT "for my conduct."

You are too kind. He was teaching his children. He was advised of the error of his ways and continued. He has a background and a company he has disrespected and he has disrespected his Country and mankind. One should never condone this type of behavior. Neither this person nor the background he so poorly represents to the public as a corporate representative is respectable.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
Old 04-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #45
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
The amount of disrespect in his actions is appalling. To be in the outdoor business and to do something like that speaks to his character or more importantly the lack thereof...
Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2017 19' International
Tallahassee , Florida
Astonishing bad judgment, especially for a responsible adult with a thriving business and family.

Just hard to believe he would do this.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #47
4 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Travelers Rest , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Denver is centrally located...make a good drop-off location for collecting all the Andersons....yes?.🤬👎Bob🇱🇷

He spells it Andersen, with an "e" so leave the rest of us out of it. Andersen with an e is Danish ancestry.

Take home pictures and memories and go lightly on the footprints, they may stick around for a few million years under certain circumstances.

WBCCI 2456 Georgia Unit 32
1990 Excella 29' Centramatics
2016 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 2500 HD 4x4
6.6L Duramax + Allison, 3.73 axles
Old 04-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobum View Post
The amount of disrespect in his actions is appalling. To be in the outdoor business and to do something like that speaks to his character or more importantly the lack thereof...
[emoji47] [emoji12] .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
There were two adults involved in this vandalism, the man carving his initials and the woman that stood there watching; two bad parental examples, in light of the fact that even their daughter supposedly joined in.

I find it difficult to empathize with these vandals ... it's easy to compose an apology after having been caught committing the crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZ View Post
If this is the kind of judgement this man exercises, how could i ever trust him to sell me a tool that is intended to protect my trailer, tv, family and others around me on the road. In his own words "I exercise bad judgment".
Old 04-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York

[ . . . . . speechless . . . . . ]

Old 04-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #50
RJJ
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
2016 20' Flying Cloud
St Petersburg , Florida
This is what happens when folks are so self indulgent, they believe they 're above it all and rules and decency do not apply to them. Sad.

LEAVE NO TRACE. Better environment advice has been never given.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Sounds like contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Multiple counts.
Maybe he should be double or triple fined? Look at the photo from Post#2. Someone should go check to see what his kids were doing frame left on the arch. Guess he was showing them how it’s done. OMG WTF is right. Obviously no respect was taught to anyone in their upbringing ... fathers father, mother, wife or those kids.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #52
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Not only is Mr. Anderson an idiot, but so is the wife for condoning the action, & they're both horrible examples for their kids!

Hey, it's okay it's okay if you don't get caught .... wait a sec while I post these photos.

I nominate them all for that dumbest criminals show, or second/vote if someone above already has done so!

And - YES - it does matter that this mentality is the corporate culture as expressed by the owner/chief exec of Anderson products, and to continue to buy their products only supports this warped mentality!

PS - As a mixed-blood Cherokee/Seneca Indian myself, I find this type of attitude & action even more deplorable, to treat our Mother Earth in this way, aside from the social morals - or lack of them!

Sincerely Disappointed!
Tom
///////
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-22 Cayenne S, EH, etc
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner) + 1970 Eriba Puck
Old 04-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #53
Still Dreaming

1971 29' Ambassador
Sulphur Springs , Texas
"Then sent his 2 teenage boys down to switch plates on their trucks."

WHAT??
Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #54
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Said he just didn't think before doing it. My guess is he didn't think he would get caught. I think the best punishment would be public service cleaning graffiti but not in our parks, rather on the streets of Detroit.
Detroit is too good for this bum. Southside of Chicago or East St. Louis.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Agreed. This was stupidity, not intentional vandalism.
It’s not like he was out to spray paint and loot. Cut him some slack. Stupid? Yes. What the heck was he thinking? Yes. Ruin his business? That’s over reacting.
Just my opinion.
brick
Old 04-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #56
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
I just sent an email to the Andersen Hitch Co expressing my disdain of Andersen's actions and pledging to never again purchase any of their products. I also pledged to encourage others to avoid them as well. I suggest that others contact the company with expressions of disapproval too. He needs to feel the consequences of his terrible behavior.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Jones View Post

Perhaps, as suggested earlier in this thread, he should make a big donation to the BLM. It wouldn't compensate for his act, but at least it would be a start.
If there is 5 foot ''Andersen'' carved into another arch...the fine just went up to a cool 1 million dollars. A special fine for a ''special'' person. Why is this not on the news?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Two male tourists from another country did damage in Yellow Stone NP several yrs. ago, were heavily fined. The law pertains to every one. Is an American Bus. owner above laws?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick1 View Post
Agreed. This was stupidity, not intentional vandalism.
. . .

Pray tell -- what aspect of this was "not intentional" ???

Carving that much detail in the arch took time and effort, lots of it.

Giving him a "pass" on this as just another stupid act . . .

. . . is why our world is so messed up!

Responsibility for one's acts is a core thread in a mature adult's tapestry of life.

Somehow they missed this . . .

Sad, as others have said, that such rude and ignorant behavior has been passed along to his children!
Old 04-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #60

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
If there is 5 foot ''Andersen'' carved into another arch...the fine just went up to a cool 1 million dollars. A special fine for a ''special'' person. Why is this not on the news?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...9df6aadaae/amp
Closed Thread