Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
Do not much like the idea of "make an example" of someone as a deterrent. Justice is supposed to be "equal" and to fit the crime. The deterrent is supposed to be the certainty that you will be caught and punished. Not the idea that if you are prominent the punishment will be outrageous because of that.

It is a big leap to just assume he wrote the big Anderson.

...AndersEn....

It's not such a big leap to my thinking. How many people named AndersEn deface BLM landmarks. If he got away with it nearby previously... what's to stop a repeat? A Happy-Couple apology and the wealth to hire a high-profile lawyer?

(If your horse is dead...you can quit reading ...err...riding him anytime you wish...)

Old 04-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #156
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
What happened has been discussed effectively by many others.

But Id add a simple observation of campground abuse by untold numbers.

Hacking up live trees with hand axes.

I just returned from a local SP and the amount of damage to trees was extreme.

Gary

S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
No, the win here is that this person has a life changing event. He needs to learn that defacing public land is not showing love for his family.

No, this horse is not dead. It will not be dead until it becomes a universal goal of all to protect our public lands.

No, there is no recognition of this event or a commitment to conservation of public lands on the andersen website. If you search apology, it comes up "No Results Found" so he has yet to do everything he can ..... not by any measure.

The elephant in the room is the 2016 "andersen" damage. While there may be no proof he did it, his action linked him to the area. Either he picked the wrong place or he was proliferating a prior practice. Public opinion will be the jury.

No, not done yet. Pat

On his "apology page", he asks for input on how he can make things better. One thing (among several) I suggested is that if he is in any way associated with the other "Andersen" carving he needs to own up to that immediately. He will have no credibility in his apology if that is his doing and he waits for the world to discover it rather than fess up now and start the restoration, reparation and education campaign.

I've still heard nothing back from my emails to the company or my posting to his "apology page".

My recycles come for pick up on Wednesday - they'll include the red levelers whether I hear from Andersen or not.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #158
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Yes, it is everywhere and worth adding to the discussion. When is it OK to mark a tree, feature, or rock? Well never, but there is an advertisement video promoting the value of such by bringing home the couple's heart inscribed tree from a years earlier defacement. There is also a restaurant bar that encourages customers to carve their initials into the tables. Good folks bring their kids to do the deed. Even George Washington chopped down the cherry tree. The cause and effect is everywhere, including toilets. Lots of splaining to do. Lots of campfire instruction needed. The little things do matter. Make a difference every day. Pat
Old 04-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #159
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Suggest you brand the levelers with his deface and a circle slash to show it's wrong. Then lay them on the ground next to your appropriately leveled trailer. When folks ask why you are not using them, you can spread the story of a misguided child. We all have work to do here. Pat
Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
... Even George Washington chopped down the cherry tree. ... Pat
Whaaattt...??? Ryan Andersen is now being lionized with a Founding Father?

Welll...then you should tell the WHOLE truth... he didn't chop down a cherry tree. He defaced his father's cherry tree with a gifted hatchet (according to the myth.) The REST of the Story??>... George Washingoton had wooden teeth because his father knocked all his natural teeth out after that cherry tree incident!
Old 04-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #161
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
. . .
One thing (among several) I suggested is that if he is in any way associated with the other "Andersen" carving he needs to own up to that immediately. He will have no credibility in his apology if that is his doing and he waits for the world to discover it rather than fess up now and start the restoration, reparation and education campaign.
. . .
An excellent suggestion! Please let us know what you hear.

Peter
Old 04-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #162
4 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Wonder if this is a case of Affluenza? Guess this runs counter to those who claim, due to wealth and privilege, they are the leaders and decision makers of this country.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #163
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
-- snip -- lionized -- snip --
lionize definition "give a lot of public attention and approval to (someone); treat as a celebrity."

No approval intended, but a lot of negative attention, yes! Knocking a kid's teeth out might be a bridge too far to teach good behavior, but it was certainly a clever thought. Pat
Old 04-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Knocking a kid's teeth out might be a bridge too far
I guess it depends how hard he got hit. If he got hit really hard, the bridge would have gone really far.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Our replacement Camco devices came yesterday. The red ones will be disposed of properly.....

That guy needs a clean navel to see where he is headed.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
Old 04-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #166
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Our replacement Camco devices came yesterday. The red ones will be disposed of properly.....

That guy needs a clean navel to see where he is headed.
Yep, got our new Camco levelers yesterday. They are shorter and look like they will fit more conveniently under a double-axle trailer. Love that the ramp chocks have rubber surfaces to help prevent them slipping when placed under the ramp after leveling the trailer.

Strange but true: Buying two individual ramps on Amazon was a few dollars cheaper than buying a pair of ramps in a single package.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Yep, got our new Camco levelers yesterday. They are shorter and look like they will fit more conveniently under a double-axle trailer. Love that the ramp chocks have rubber surfaces to help prevent them slipping when placed under the ramp after leveling the trailer.

Strange but true: Buying two individual ramps on Amazon was a few dollars cheaper than buying a pair of ramps in a single package.

Mine came today too - I'm still at the office but DW wanted to know what her hoarder DH was buying now!

Curious if anyone has used them yet. About 10% of the reviews say they slip (before using the chock) but I think people said that about the red ones too and I never had that problem.

I re-emailed Andersen again last night having heard nothing from them since emailing last Friday and entering my comments/suggestions on his personal "apology" page Saturday.

The red ones go in the recycle in tomorrow....
Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #168
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Oh - and yes - I noticed the Amazon pricing as well and ordered 2 individual ones rather than the paired kit. Weird!

Closed Thread