Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #71
Aluminum Falcon Mechanic
 
Darkspeed's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Wesley chapel , Florida
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,169
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
It's not the voices in my head I worry about, it's the messages I get from the alien spaceship through my teeth filings that bother me.

Gene
The aluminum dome of silence should protect you....
__________________

Darkspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #72
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspeed

The aluminum dome of silence should protect you....
Darkspeed is right, the Airstream is the only place I can go where I don't need to wear a tin foil hat. The black helicopters are powerless against aluminum.
__________________

__________________
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #73
New Member
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Coronado , California
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Just when I thought the bidding was slowing down, it surged again. They're now up to $71k... http://www.benefitevents.com/auction...02&eventid=693
__________________
FlyinmyCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #74
Aluminum Falcon Mechanic
 
Darkspeed's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Wesley chapel , Florida
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,169
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinmyCloud
Just when I thought the bidding was slowing down, it surged again. They're now up to $71k... http://www.benefitevents.com/auction...02&eventid=693
Ya that was me... But I'm back on my meds..
Darkspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #75
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 725
Images: 37
Does anyone know what the reserve is? I thought it would have been met at $75K.
__________________
GeocamperAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member
 
SL4BLLT's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 268
I've been shopping with Orvis for years. why? any issue with their products they replace or refund without question. Their products are made of the finest material available. This is a great product partnered with TTT.

A little of their history that I am aware of focuses on their 150th anniversary bamboo fly rods that only 10 were made in 2006 to commemorate their 150th anniversary. The bamboo stock cane was purchased in China back in 1971, held by the USG, due to trade embargo's that did not exist. Now take it 34 years later, the rods are made of this held material, now released due to existing trade agreements, that may not even exist anymore. They celebrated their 150th year in business as a American Company in 2006 with this being one of their products. Kind of cool, but expensive and sort of like the Airstream history we all love/are part of.

Other products that we use are the national park series Pendelton Blankets, coffee mugs and Campaign chairs making living in the Airstream even more comfortable.

The trick, we wait for the on line clearances to buy, saving lots of money, but buying a premier product. I guess I gave out the best secret on shopping Orvis.

Its great to see a Companies like Orvis partnering with TTT and continuing the legacy of great American tradition such as Airstream and Orvis.

Unfortunately I've spent all my money at Orvis and I don't think this 1954 Flying Cloud will be going on clearance, so I won't be bidding.

Products like this keep us all in amazement.

To all a Happy Thanksgiving and as always, Happy Airstreaming

SL4BLLT
__________________
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #77
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT
I've been shopping with Orvis for years. why? any issue with their products they replace or refund without question. Their products are made of the finest material available. This is a great product partnered with TTT.

A little of their history that I am aware of focuses on their 150th anniversary bamboo fly rods that only 10 were made in 2006 to commemorate their 150th anniversary. The bamboo stock cane was purchased in China back in 1971, held by the USG, due to trade embargo's that did not exist. Now take it 34 years later, the rods are made of this held material, now released due to existing trade agreements, that may not even exist anymore. They celebrated their 150th year in business as a American Company in 2006 with this being one of their products. Kind of cool, but expensive and sort of like the Airstream history we all love/are part of.
I bought an Orvis bamboo rod (6 weight, 7') about 30 years ago, and still use it today. It is a bit slow compared to my Loomis, but I cast better with it than any of my other more modern rods. I still use my 30 year old Orvis reels. Buying quality products is usually cheaper in the long run, and they always perform better for all those years than the cheap stuff. Your analogy with Airstream Trailers is a good one. Quality is rarely cheap in upfront cost, but over the long run it always pays.
__________________
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #78
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 725
Images: 37
I have no dought the craftsmanship is superb and the materials top notch. All I was asking is what people thought the reserve was.
__________________
GeocamperAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #79
4 Rivet Member
 
SL4BLLT's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 268
Tiger,
I guess the little note stating I would try to chase it down, being the reserve, got deleted when I spelled check.

I did try to find out with no results, I have not looked on the auction site to see if it has been posted, but I will continue to see if I can get a figure.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving?

SL4BLLT
__________________
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #80
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT
Tiger,
I guess the little note stating I would try to chase it down, being the reserve, got deleted when I spelled check.

I did try to find out with no results, I have not looked on the auction site to see if it has been posted, but I will continue to see if I can get a figure.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving?

SL4BLLT
The current bid seems to be $80,000. I'll bet it goes way up at the last minute. Auction ends Dec. 11.

http://www.benefitevents.com/auction...02&eventid=693
__________________
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #81
Rivet Master
 
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,165
Blog Entries: 1
Trailer is featured in the new Airstream Life magazine that I got this week.
__________________
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #82
Rivet Master
 
SteSpot's Avatar
 
1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,641
Images: 17
$80 k would be a steal.

I am sure it cost far more than that to build the trailer. Let's hope they get a fair price for both the buyer and the seller.....p
__________________
Paula & Ed
Suite Spot
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #83
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot
I am sure it cost far more than that to build the trailer. Let's hope they get a fair price for both the buyer and the seller.....p
I see that even at $80 k, the reserve has not been met. Orvis may be stuck with it.
__________________
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member
 
BessieB's Avatar

 
1997 21' Excella
Carson City , Nevada
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 174
Images: 6
I just saw this trailer auction today, getting the Orvis catalog. What a dream project!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't allow my husband to use it if it were mine. It takes him 2 months to clean out the trailer after hunting!! I like how the trailer was raised for better off-roading. That is the one gripe we have, is the low wheel base, but we will survive.
__________________

__________________
BessieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1960 Vintage Airstream Safari 22 footer 3 day auction! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 06-29-2011 09:30 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.