Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
1978 28' Argosy 28
Edmonds , Washington
Finally! An Airstream I would NEVER buy or try and replicate for design ideas!! ICK!

Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Not my taste for my use but some very creative and talented artists at work

Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
One of the few Airstreams I have ever seen that was worthy of a trip to the scrapyard.
Give me a trackhoe and a dump truck and I would fix the house too!
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
When this first appeared on the "scene" I said it looked like a train wreck in a Mexican Flea Market in Progresso, Mexico.
I was criticized for my blunt opinion, all that fabulous workmanship for Miranda Lambert and her Airstream. Shame on me. It is still a train wreck. AND......how could they do that to a Bandera Ranch house? It must be the "New" Austin influence on the Texas Girls who put it all together.
My thoughts exactly, and couldn't have said it better. The sad part is that I think I may know the man that did a perfect restoration of that trailer. I don't think he ever commented. He's a great, non-judgemental kind of man, but I can't imagine he'd be very supportive of that. I bet he'd just say "Well, to each her own", and mean it.

I'm not that nice.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #33
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I think we were all just having some fun!
No malice intended...
Old 04-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
I don't care for the design personally - but I'm pretty sure I would like the folks who did it. I really enjoy spending time with folks who rock to a different drummer than mine.

Poppy
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Take a look at the Magnolia Pearl Ranch; it also is for sale. Three houses and some out buildings. Could store the trailer and car inside.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Not my taste, but not my trailer either.

That's what I like most about Airstreams & Airstreamers…every trailer takes on the personality of it's owner. This seems to fit perfectly with it's creators and would make a great SOTF trailer for someone - have you seen some of those trailers!?

I've seen many "less decorated" Airstreams that were equally distanced from my idea of a "perfect Airstream"…I'm also sure plenty of folks don't like mine. To each their own. I hope it finds a good new home ~ it obviously was loved by it's creators and served it's purpose as an advertising venture…it has marketed their product well over the years.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #37
TMT
2 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
My, my. What happened to tolerance? While not my taste or style, these folks obviously put a lot of effort into this project. There is enough room in the world for each of us, as well as this Magnolia Pearl trailer. I would speculate that Mr. Byam might be puzzled by our convection microwave ovens, satellite dishes, televisions, sound bars, and internet connections in our trailers. Maybe not. To quote my father-in-law: "Let it be, brother".
Agreed!

Life Is A Journey - Enjoy the Ride!
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #38
TMT
2 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post

That's what I like most about Airstreams & Airstreamers…every trailer takes on the personality of it's owner. This seems to fit perfectly with it's creators and would make a great SOTF trailer for someone - have you seen some of those trailers!?

I've seen many "less decorated" Airstreams that were equally distanced from my idea of a "perfect Airstream"…I'm also sure plenty of folks don't like mine. To each their own. I hope it finds a good new home ~ it obviously was loved by it's creators and served it's purpose as an advertising venture…it has marketed their product well over the years.

Shari
Here, Here! Agreed!

Life Is A Journey - Enjoy the Ride!
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1979 23' Safari
, Ohio
French country meets bohemian with just a little steampunk. It's art. Kinda like it. But then again I like most art.
Off the beaten path, down in the hills of West Virginia they have removed some of the mountaintops to get the coal out faster and cheaper. Now that's ugly.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Mineral Bluff , Georgia
There's a wonderful book called "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance ".

One point the author makes is that people are generally either "Classicists" or "Romantics".

I think most Airstream lovers are Classicists, drawn to the "form follows function" aesthetic of the aluminum rounded shape of the Airstream.

The Magnolia Pearl is clearly the work of Romantics.

Hence the animosity, I think.

For what it's worth, I knew Karen would like it. I was wrong...she LOVES it!

Then again, the first thing she wanted to do when we got it was gypsy-fy our SOB. A work now in progress.

Yin and yang. Were it up to me, our SOB would be starkly functional and purposeful. But maybe even sterile. Were it up to Karen, it would be a lot like the Magnolia Pearl. We keep each other in check - which is a good thing!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomdial View Post
French country meets bohemian with just a little steampunk. It's art. Kinda like it. But then again I like most art.
Off the beaten path, down in the hills of West Virginia they have removed some of the mountaintops to get the coal out faster and cheaper. Now that's ugly.
Thank you. Nice reality check.

I DID go through a Victorian Phase in my youth - sort of a "more is more" era. I actually like individual bits and pieces of the work... but the total IS overwhelming and I do go into a "who is gonna DUST all that stuff?" kneejerk response. They own it, they wanted to do it... but now they have to find a market for it. This also might be one of those things that actually looks better in pictures than it does up close and personal.

The Liberace museum closed, as did the Roy Rogers museum. Times change, celebrity fades, taste changes, sometimes faster than others. Tiny Tim tiptoeing through the tulips was hilarious - for about six weeks. And the ranch and the Airstream are up for sale because all that investment can't be supported by the "famous designer" any longer.

Someday the last Airstream will roll off the line and no one will care. But it lasted a lot longer than the DeLorean. And then there's the Edsel. Look at anyone younger than 40 and ask "Do you know who Andrew Dice Clay is?" The difference between a fad and a classic is just time.

Paula
Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #42
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
There is nothing wrong with that trailer that a low yield thermonuclear device wouldn't fix.