Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Eddie Bauer and Airstream Partner up

I'm interested in the "exterior protective cladding" Hopefully something better than the stainless steel segment protectors that ding easily, which are cool but not practical.

Paul

Eddie Bauer and Airstream Partner to Fuel America's Spirit of Adventure -- SEATTLE, Oct. 4 /PRNewswire/ --

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
2009 23' International
Bainbridge Island , Washington
Boy, I dunno. I have an old shirt by Eddie Bauer that I still like and an Airstream that I like, so maybe...
jglabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Ladylongwinger

1999 27' Safari
McAllister , Montana
Eddie Bauer Airstream

I'm interested in the hatchback opening. Does anyone know if this is a two or three axle trailer? I can't pull the monster Pan American and don't need all that "garage." Maybe half of it.

I was just getting ready to upgrade for a fall/winter trip, so any hints would be appreciated. PM me if necessary. Thanks so much!

Anne
Old 10-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Well since Eddie Bauer is a well know US company whatever type it is it should sell better than the silly Victorinox Special Edition. Wonder if they even managed to sell a dozen of those?
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Eddie Bauer Airstream

The outside sounds like a great idea. Anybody know how big the special edition is going to be?

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
We saw the Swiss Army version at the Ottawa,ON dealer last fall. We both thought design was great, but we're cheap, so it wasn't something we'd buy new.

AS is a known brand! If AS can team up with known designers and create more consumer consciousness of the brand, we all win in higher resale values.

Think about this: If you owned a new top line travel trailer and told an acquaintance the brand, you'd probably get a ""HUH??"". If you own an AS (no matter the age), everyone knows what that is and gets into the conversation.

That's what branding is about.

We don't need to like the newest design, but a few people do need to like it enough to vote with their $.

Porsche and AS is similar in consumer awareness.

I think AS management is on the right track, so long as they dictate the end result (I'm thinking of 90's EB Ford Bronco's).

Bob
triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
There were pictures of the trailer in a recent Eddie Bauer catalog that they threw in my shopping bag when I recently bought some shirts at their store.

It's a 25FB queen with a big hatch in the back which is the width of the opening center wrap window. I'm one of those "active lifestyle" folks that they seem to be targeting. But darn if I can figure out what good that hatch would serve anyone. The floorplan schematic is the same as the 25FB, only with words across the rear panaromic window where the hatch will be. Anything I threw in there (kayak? bike?) would just land on the dinette.

It might not be fully cooked yet - the catalog said development was continuing for a April 2011 launch. Can't find anything online other than the vague press release.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
I really don't see the value in these "partnerships". Nothing they've accomplished so far is really different than redoing your own upholstery and adding some quirky little clock, as Swiss Army and DWR did.

Triplenet's idea of pairing with well-known designers could be wonderful if they had real creative license to do a significant redesign. Chris Deam's efforts with the CCD were so well received because it was this major departure from the traditional version; people said "Woah!" Ralph Lauren's 4 one-off trailers in the early 2000's have stuck in our minds because they touched everything from bottom to top, even if they were a bit too theme-y for some.

But as for the Quicksilver, DWR and Victorinox "editions", I feel like it's just renting space for another logo next to the door. Floors, cabinetry, wheels and windows are all the same.

Heck, maybe they'll do a Harleystream with embroidered handlebars on leather cushions and a sticker on the window. Or a limited edition Cracker Barrelstream with a little rocking chair at the dinette. Or a Vespa Airstream with a little Italian cappuccino maker.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Is it me, or does Airstream need to do a better job of updating their web sight?

Thousands of Americans just got the new Eddie Bauer catalog in the mail with an Airstream on the front cover and when you punch in the info and go to the websight there is NOTHING?!

Why waste the time on the collaboration?
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
The unit will be unveiled on November 30th at the Louisville National RV Trade show
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Here's another Eddie Bauer article:
Eddie Bauer and Airstream create 215 square feet of camping luxury - Mobile Magazine

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eddie bauer