Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
From Trailer Life's website...

Jackson Center, Ohio-based Airstream Inc. (airstream.com) plans to market a modern incarnation of its radius-bodied "Classic" aluminum motorhome, originally produced between 1982 and 1996. The G-Series coach has been designed in partnership with BMW Group Designworks USA, Newbury Park, California, to reflect the curved body that's synonymous with Airstream coaches.

Revolutionary components of the G-Series motorcoach include the industry's first use of superplastic-formed aluminum panels, while the interior will feature contemporary styling, clean lines and quality materials.

Initially available in 33- and 35-foot floorplans, the Airstream G-Series is expected to begin production in early 2006.
munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
even Trailer Life can get the facts wrong I guess. Where did they get the 1982 start year from? Obviously not from "Airstream Life's" article on the real story behind the Classic Motorhomes.But its good to see it mentioned and to know its coming soon.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by micsupply
From Trailer Life's website...

Jackson Center, Ohio-based Airstream Inc. (airstream.com) plans to market a modern incarnation of its radius-bodied "Classic" aluminum motorhome, originally produced between 1982 and 1996.
Glad to hear it but it is some what old news. FMCA or Good Sams "Highways" magazine had the same article verbatim a few months back.

Did Trailer life have an "artists rendition"? there was one in the FMCA / Highways magazine and it really looks atypical. I am glad to see that AS is getting it back into the market but I did not find the artists rendition appealing.

By the way, I find the FMCA magazine and the Highways magazine very appealing. I highly recommend both to RV owners and especially MH owners.
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 AM   #4
Squob.com

Balgowlah Heights , NSW
Whatever happened to the G-Series motorhome, does anyone know?

I've been searching high and low for an update on this project, but it's all gone quiet. A shame, I think.

tips@squob.com

Visit squob.com for RVs | campers | travel trailers | outdoor gear
Squob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Airstream has shut down all of their motorhome production.They no longer make any motorhomes.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Not quite right. Airstream has stopped making class A motorhomes. They still modify and market class B motorhomes based on a Delivery van manufactured by Chrysler. The Class C motorhome project, which would likely also be based the same Chrysler Chassie, is very quiet at the moment. They reserve the right to introduce one when the market for RV's gets better some time in the future. But I would not hold my breath waiting for that.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote