Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
St. Albans , Vermont
Airstream on Burn Notice series

Just saw an airstream in the series "Burn Notice" shown air date December 1st. Unfortunately, the airstream was shot up by a sharp shooter! It appears to be a late 60's early 70's trailer but I am just guessing at this!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Yeah this is one of my favorite shows but seems to be hit or miss per episode. This episode was great because of the airstream exposure, but made me constantly cringe. I kept thinking, "do you even know how few trailers there are?? Do you know how hard it is to replace a panel?!?!" Also Sam Axe called it a death trap which made me sad.....

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
I think the red numbers on it are 22339. It had a cameo on the 12/8 show.
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Yeah Burn Notice is great but let's face it..... if its on that show, sooner or later, it's going to get blown up, riddled with bullets, driven off a building or sink into the canal...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I saw that too, and also believe the WBCCI numbers to be 22339. It was on in the background, but someone shooting at an Airstream really got my attention. That's just ain't right. At least, in the following episode, he got a quote to repair ($3,000 - good as new!), which Bruce Campbell's character (Sam) thought was way too high. It's pretty clear that Sam doesn't know much about Airstream repairs.

However, Bruce Campbell may have an interest in Airstreams. It's at least the second time he has had one in a production he was in. I can't recall the name of the other movie, some kind of horror flick I believe, but I know the couple who provided one of their Airstreams to the production company. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
This is not the first time I have seen an AIRSTREAM in films. A couple of years ago there was one blown to bits in a warehouse but I dont remember the show. I dont know if what we saw was real or not, you know the movies.
The one that really turned my stomach was the film of the aftermath of the killing of OFFICER SUSAN HOPPER in ENON Beach,(SPRINGFIELD,OHIO,Clark County),the gunman was hold up in what looked to be a Bambi or just a little longer. THE gunman fired at the SWAT TEAM and they returned fire thru that thin aluminum riddling it with bullets,of course he was kill and a week later it was turned into ashes as someone set it afire.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
. THE gunman fired at the SWAT TEAM and they returned fire thru that thin aluminum riddling it with bullets,of course he was kill and a week later it was turned into ashes as someone set it afire.
Hollywood often has characters behind car doors, etc. While they may allow one to hide, a car door - or indeed, any part of the car save perhaps the engine block, does little to stop rifle bullets.

- Bart
http://smaalders.net/barts
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by barts View Post
Hollywood often has characters behind car doors, etc. While they may allow one to hide, a car door - or indeed, any part of the car save perhaps the engine block, does little to stop rifle bullets.

- Bart
Although, in the real world, there are bullistic kevlar panels available for police units. I see them all the time at Police conventions I work.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote