Complete parts store

Here's the website..
BayAreaAirstream.com

Can't wait to check them out!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #2

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Funny you should ask

Because on the website you posted, is has written on it in BIG letters, Coming Home May 2013.

Better yet, if you go to the Airstream.com site, you can find this:
BAY AREA AIRSTREAM ADVENTURES
Sales, Service, & Parts
Travel Trailers & Touring Coaches

2400 Cordelia Road
Fairfield, CA 94534
707-428-1623
That's gotta be it, right?

A beautiful thing is never perfect.
-- Egyptian
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
We paid a visit to Bay Area Airstream Adventures on Friday evening. They have a huge inventory with more on the way. The Airstreams were all displayed indoors in their 129,000-square foot showroom. With the exception of Safari Tim's Ambassador (Tim was there signing his new book, Restoring a Dream), everything was new. People were just as interested in walking through Tim's 1960 Airstream Ambassador as they were the shiny, new models!

Today is their official Grand Opening. They have lots of plans, and they are committed to selling only Airstreams! I am thrilled that we have a dealer nearby for parts & service, and I hope they do well. Be patient....if you go there, you will likely have more Airstream knowledge than the sales staff. But, they will learn....and, they are friendly and helpful....

Alumafandango, 2-7 Sep 2014
Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Knights Landing , California
My wife and I stopped by today. Nice place. Lots of airstreams in stock. I think the salesman said around 80. Plus this desk in the front was sweet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1225739257.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	429.0 KB
ID:	185161

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1401423476.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	185162
Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
Uh oh, having one so close could be dangerous.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #6

2008 23' International CCD
Diablo , California
Does anyone know the history of the owner of this business and any information on the service team at this location? Information I would like to know before bringing my trailer to this location possibly in the future. It's very close to to home to try out but I made a mistake in the past of brining my trailer to a reported Airstream service center (NOT) that was close to home but made a last minute change (based on a bad feeling after initial interaction with the service manager and some 411 calls to airstream corporate) and drove 100 miles farther away to bring my trailer to Toscano's for very professional and pleasant service.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Fremont , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave4Fishin View Post
Does anyone know the history of the owner of this business and any information on the service team at this location? Information I would like to know before bringing my trailer to this location possibly in the future. It's very close to to home to try out but I made a mistake in the past of brining my trailer to a reported Airstream service center (NOT) that was close to home but made a last minute change (based on a bad feeling after initial interaction with the service manager and some 411 calls to airstream corporate) and drove 100 miles farther away to bring my trailer to Toscano's for very professional and pleasant service.
I don't have any information on their background, but their lack of responsiveness has scared me away for now. After speaking with a service representative in person this weekend, I thought scheduling service this week would be routine. Three messages over two days and I'm still waiting for a call back. I'm sure there's a "settling in" period with any new business, and I do want to give them the benefit of the doubt. But their service levels are not quite at a level where I feel comfortable.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #8

2008 23' International CCD
Diablo , California
Yes, there presently appears to be an issue with lack of responsiveness. I called 4 times today to speak with the service-parts-storage facility manager to ask about if they stocked a part I was looking for (Airstream branded Rock Tamers) and about their indoor storage facility availability / information. On the first call, while I was speaking with the operator, the manager happened to be walking in through the door sometime after 8:33am today but I had to hang up as he couldn't answer the phone for another 5 minutes because he had to settle in and anyway I had to get back to patient care. I tried to call back a few times thereafter to speak with someone but always got the pleasant receptionist who was sincerely apologetic as the second time 9:43am and third time 10:04am he was with a customer at the counter. So, I left a message with the operator and my cell phone number with a request to call me back or at least leave a short message to answer my questions. I made a fourth call at 1:12pm because I did not receive a call back but the operator said they were out to lunch so I said please have them call me back to answer my questions I left earlier. To my chagrin, I did not receive a call back on my cell up until I left my work at 5:40pm or anytime thereafter. I will for now give them a benefit of the doubt as they just recently opened up and need to work on staffing and customer service logistics but I must say I was able to call Toscano's at 8:33 am and was directed to a parts person who kindly answered my part question availability and some other towing application questions I had very quickly in less than 3 minutes. My calls to BAAA totaled almost 10 minutes just trying to reach someone to answer my questions. I hope they improve their responsiveness to customer inquiries as this would benefit one aspect rating for their customer service and it would be nice to have an Airstream center 40 miles away from home to use rather than 100 miles. For now I will make the longer drive for any service related issues until I see indications to do otherwise. I did ask the receptionist what was their history after the second call and they are related to Airstream dealerships owned in Portland OR and Boise ID. I don't know anything about those dealerships and how they treat their customers.