Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #57
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I went to an RV Show and one of the nearby Airstream dealers was showing. I asked him to fax my form in for me and he said he would. I believe I was the first to show him one of the forms. Anyway, he was showing a Class-C SOB built on a Freightliner/Sprinter chassis that was pretty impressive on the interior space issue. It had a slide-out for the sofa/dinette and had a corner bed and corner bath. All-in-all it had surprising room for a small Class-C. I asked one of his salesmen if this would be comparable to the basic idea of the Airstream Class-C that Jim Elmlinger mentioned in the Club News section of the April Blue Beret and he said it would be. He didn't seem too knowledgeable about the plans Airstream has, but referred me to his dealership manager. He did mention, however, that his first knowledge of Airstream's plans came from the "meeting in Perry". So apparently this was discussed at the Perry Mid-winter IBT Meeting. Anyway, the manager didn't want to give too much away, but did say that that had to be the plans for Airstream and that he would learn more about them when he attended the annual dealer's meeting in Las Vegas in June. So it does look like Airstream has plans to move forward with a Class-C motorhome sometime in the not too distant future. I think that will be great! Class-C's are very popular with families and are very maneuverable. It would be really great if Airstream could go after the family market. BTW, this Class-C was under $89,000. Airstream could probably produce one for under $100K and attract buyers to the Airstream cache' and perhaps create a move-up market to start producing Class-A's again in a few years. Sorry for the ramblings.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #58

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I just got back from our weekend in Southern Oregon with the trailer. On Friday, on the way down, we swung by Sutton's in Eugene and had a look at the new trailers. Nice! Really nice! The beach decore is great, with bamboo wall sconces and drawer pulls and bamboo designs on the frosted cabinet doors. The one I wanted to take home though was a 25' front bedroom model. Wow, great windows, and I loved the layout, lots of lounging room. That's about the most tempted I've ever been to have anything other than the caravel, especially after spending the weekend in the caravel hiding out from the rain - those big windows and extra lounging space would have been nice then! Luckily it exceeds our current tow vehicle's capacity (and costs about $60k), so we'll just have to be happy with the Caravel.

While we were looking through the trailers the saleman came to talk to us, and he was absolutely zero pressure, just let us look around, chatted with us about our vintage unit, and showed us around the new one a bit, but he could tell we knew our way around already. I gave him the paperwork and he went and faxed it and gave me back a receipt showing he faxed it, which I thought was unnecessary but very professional of them.

Overall I loved seeing the new trailers, and despite my husband's fears that we were dropping by 'a hive of scum and villany' as he describes RV salesmen, we had a very nice visit. Hopefully we'll have a book in the mail from AS soon

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, Sunday my wife and I went to our local Airstream dealer to kill time, look at the new models, and get my free book ordered. We got a first time look at a Base Camp; Pretty nice for someone who wants that type of trailer, but the one we looked at had a window sticker price of $30,000.00 [Shocking] about $10,000.00 more than I would expect. Also, We wanted to take a good look at the reverse of our trailer, the 25' front bedroom Safari's. We both agreed that they were very nice and better suited for those who have kids, [family] but we are still very happy with our decission on the small window, rear queen set up we bought in late 2004. Just the two of us and maybe someday another dog or two. And the fact that almost three years later, the front bedroom models are almost double the price of what we paid. Glad we did what we did or maybe we would not be living the Airstream dream today. Finally, what ever Airstream size, year, model, and price, that you bought and own, we are happy for you.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
high praise for Intermountain Coach and Jody

I check in today via voice mail with Jody at Intermountain Coach and got almost instant reply. Great follow up. Thanks Jody for the great service, good on you. I also spoke with LInda at A/S corporate. There is a batch of the books ready to ship. We should start seeing the copies in the mail soon.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Was at our dealer, Ace Fogdall a week and a half ago on Saturday just before they closed. They didn't have any product to look at, but took my form and promised to handle it. Yesterday, Tuesday the 24th, the mailman brought my book. Pretty prompt service.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I got mine, and didn't bother to read the fine print.
Just thought it was typical manufacturer hype advertisement and tossed it.
Now I read here that I tossed a free book that I would have really liked to have gotten.
I get too much junk mail, and this time it cost me to not pay attention....dangit.

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Got my book yesterday and it's nice !

howdy all!

I got my book in the mail just yesterday. It really is a nice book. Many of the same books are in "Airstream - The History of the Land Yacht", but there's a lot of other pics in there that are fresh. A lot of neat owner info too.

Take for example, Brian Johnson, lead singer of my all time favorite band, AC/DC. Not only is he a hard rock singer and race car driver, but he's a die hard Airstreamer. Cool!

It really is a nice book. Only problem is now I really want an Ocean Breeze edition International but can't afford it now....

Cool deal though!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #64

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I haven't got my book yet, but I haven't stopped thinking about that 25' FB either, so I guess their ploy has worked

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:43 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Our book came today! It came with a nice letter from Bob Wheeler and a reprint of an article from 'RVBusiness' magazine about Airstream.

Very nice.

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #66
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
As much as I would like the book, I am not going to drive to the other side of the valley to cash in on this offer....

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #67
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
Our book came today! It came with a nice letter from Bob Wheeler and a reprint of an article from 'RVBusiness' magazine about Airstream.

Very nice.
Wow Dennis...that was pretty quick!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris
Wow Dennis...that was pretty quick!

G
That's what I thought Gene! Did you pull strings?

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:22 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, Sunday my wife and I went to our local Airstream dealer to kill time, look at the new models, and get my free book ordered. We got a first time look at a Base Camp; Pretty nice for someone who wants that type of trailer, but the one we looked at had a window sticker price of $30,000.00 [Shocking] about $10,000.00 more than I would expect. Also, We wanted to take a good look at the reverse of our trailer, the 25' front bedroom Safari's. We both agreed that they were very nice and better suited for those who have kids, [family] but we are still very happy with our decission on the small window, rear queen set up we bought in late 2004. Just the two of us and maybe someday another dog or two. And the fact that almost three years later, the front bedroom models are almost double the price of what we paid.
We have a local AS dealer in our town (Safford RV) that I've been visiting for years drooling over the new trailers. It wasn't too long ago (late '90s & early 2000s) that a 25' Safari was around $25K. I've been able to guage the inflationary sticker creep. I had an opportunity to buy one in 2004 for $32K. But I bought our 22' CCB instead ($37K). It's amazing that a BaseCamp would sell for $30K. They seem to be way overpriced for what you get. I wonder how many are being built and how brisk sales are.
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
I got my book Saturday, April 28th. That's a pretty quick turnaround, since I only went to our local Airstream dealership April 13th.