Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1974 - 1979 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
Our sunbeam with Michigan rot

My almost 94 year old mother in law was out today and she said "Take me out to see the Sunbeam." I asked her "Do you mean the Airstream?" She replies "Yes, the Sunbeam." So I take her out and she says "What happened to the floor? There is no floor in here." Hmm....yes, there seems to be no floor in here. You are right. In fact there is not much of anything out here except a shell.

Next statement is "Where did you get this Sunbeam?" "Well," I replied, "it is a long story really. The Airstream came to our house from a number of states and Canadian provinces before we had it. I think it started out in Michigan." She replies "There you go, my dad said never buy anything from Michigan. It all has that Michigan rot." Somehow I just didn't want to share this story with our friends from Alpena....it gets lost in the translation sometimes.

Long story short, we have a Sunbeam with no floor and Michigan rot....and still no frame. To think the salt used in another state on their roads would be cause for such hilarity in ND in 2011. I can just see her Dad now nodding his head over the Sunbeam with Michigan rot.
Sandy
ND10CentCan is offline   Reply With Quote