Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1984 - 1989 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2019, 01:25 AM   #1

1984 29' Sovereign
Oceano , California
1985 sovereign cabinet dimensions or alternative cabinet ideas

Hi. I am so new to this and need help. I’m about to live my dream but run into a few blocks.

. I’ve hired 4 guys to help me and 1 ended up in rehab, one had a heart attack, one refuses to come back when I wouldn’t date him and the other just went poof.

I’m trying to move into my 29’ airstream. I was naive and didn’t ask if it has been flooded under water leaving 6” of mud so I bought it and there was a soft spot. Pulled it up and now I demoed it because it was rusted and rotten and 6” in mud all the through it.

I was able to get subfloor in, vinyl flooring new water heater. I purchased appliances. I also saved wall templates. By the guy I bought it from didn’t leave original cabinets so I don’t have them as a template.

1) does anyone have the actual dimensions for the kitchen cabinets. I’m doing a 24” slide in range though.
2) does anyone manufacture these in parts and can sell them to me?
3) are there alternatives? I could go to Home Depot etc but isn’t that more chaotic?

I’m dealing with the bed and couch idea too, but Etsy seems to work for me right now on the bed. Couch? Ideas would be awesome.

I can install stuff, I just know my wood working is not “ideal”.

I’m not giving up. I’m beyond excited.
Cat-n-Saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The airstream.com website has .pdf drawings of most models. That should give you basic dimensions.

Get on the laptop and do some extensive searches of this forum for "full monte" "interior renovation" or "restoration" if you want period correct design.

I remember one old thread where the owner bought Ikea flat pack cabinets and modified the back side to fit the curved walls... quite a project that was. Also lightened the frames a bit too.

Look for other vintage owners in your area. Join WBCCI if you haven't already done so.

I DO HOPE your help assisted you in determining that the frame wasn't a rusted wreck before you did the subfloor.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #3

1984 29' Sovereign
Oceano , California
Hi. Thank you! I was worried about IKEA because of the weight and their frame structure but I’ll look again. Never hurts!

I did look at the metal beam stud things and there was little to no rust. The stabilizer things, water heater and metal pan underneath were bad. I think I’ll need to get a welder for a few things

I can’t locate a vintage person around. I’ll check out airstream.com. I thought I only say measurements of the structure not interior and cabinets etc.

Thank you!!!!
Cat-n-Saysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign