Old 03-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Replacement for bathroom wash basin

Over the past six years I've kept my eyes open for a replacement wash basin for the cener bathroom in our trailer. For ease of cleaning, I wanted one that had the holes for the faucet(s) built into the basin. All I examined in catalogues and stores were generally too wide from front to back to clear the front support beam under the counter-top. However, 2 days ago we trawled the kitchen department at Home depot, and found a satin finish stainless steel basin, 15" square, 5 and a half inches deep, incorporating holes for the faucet(s). This matches the kitchen basins. I fitted it yesterday, and we think it looks great. The faucet holes and drain hole line up with the existing plumbing. The basin is made by Sterling (a Kohler Co.), and the model is Kitchen Basics, B155B-2.
At the same time I changed the outlet plumbing to incorporate a removable trap, as the original one is glued at one end, and is not removeable as it passes through a shelf.
Nick

Old 03-11-2006, 08:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Cost of wash basin

I forgot to say it cost $44.
Nick

Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
Over the past six years I've kept my eyes open for a replacement wash basin for the cener bathroom in our trailer. For ease of cleaning, I wanted one that had the holes for the faucet(s) built into the basin. All I examined in catalogues and stores were generally too wide from front to back to clear the front support beam under the counter-top. However, 2 days ago we trawled the kitchen department at Home depot, and found a satin finish stainless steel basin, 15" square, 5 and a half inches deep, incorporating holes for the faucet(s). This matches the kitchen basins. I fitted it yesterday, and we think it looks great. The faucet holes and drain hole line up with the existing plumbing. The basin is made by Sterling (a Kohler Co.), and the model is Kitchen Basics, B155B-2.
At the same time I changed the outlet plumbing to incorporate a removable trap, as the original one is glued at one end, and is not removeable as it passes through a shelf.
Nick
Hello nickcrowhurst,

Would you please post a picture or two? I need to do something about the tiny bathroom sink in our 93 25' Excella and this just maybe the solution.

Thanks!

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Sorry guys, I've not yet been dragged screaming into the digital photo age. I stick with my old 35mm SLR Pentax ME Super for the ability to get poster sized enlargements with great resolution from a camera that cost $100, used, 25 years ago! However, be assured that the sink fits the space and plumbing very nicely, and it matches in design and material the double sink in the kitchen.
Nick