Old 04-28-2004, 08:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Talking New Excella Member

Writing to let you know there is a new member joining the Excella club. I have a 1988, 25" with twin beds. I have had it for a month now and have repacked the bearing, broke three shock absorber bolts, replaced the bathroom fan (entire unit), and put four Goodyear tires on it. The bedroom 12V lights had no power, took two days to find the shorted wire and had to reroute it. Still trying to find a microwave that will fit the cabinit over the Ice Box. AC low power light keeps coming on, replace the 30 amp male end, but still something not right. Will get on the roof later this week and look under under the shroud. Had to replace the circuit board on the hot water heater. Unit has some fairly bad rust that has rusted thru the sheet metal. Mostly where it had metal to metal contact. Main problem I have is that I live in central Texas and I am 56 miles from anywhere.

fbaileysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Hang in there pardner...and read read read these forums and you will be able to conquer the learning curve and be just fine....Welcome!

dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
1963 26' Overlander
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 19' Globetrotter
Portola Hills , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Welcome to the forum!
uwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:46 AM   #4
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Low AC light

Can some one explain this feature?
As you know I am not familiar with the 90's and up models.

Is it actually and "Low AC" indication or simply an indication that the unit is connected to shore power?

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member
My owners manual says the AC compressor shuts down when it overheats (works to hard) or have a low voltage situation which could damage the unit. In my case the shore power is not the problem, but I have not had a chance yet to check the AC unit for bad connections or some sort of blockage.
fbaileysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member
1988 23' Excella
Falls City , Texas
First Time AS owner

Well, I am a first time AS owner. Foung a sweet little 1988 23 ft, yes a 23 foot Excella in excellent shape. I look foward to start retirement with the Wife and do a little traveling.,
My first question? What is a Commercial Airstream ? The VIN number indicated that it is a Commercial.
Second Question? Does anybody know how many of these were made ? Called AS and could not get an answer.
Hope to see you on the road.

Davidlang is offline   Reply With Quote