Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
Thumbs up Add me + read all of this!

THis is Stinky Twinky, and I would like to offer to cover the south western NH area, and I will provide a summary report for $50 or a more detailed report for $100. I will still take pictures and burn to a cd and say yes or no for free, but the above services I would be a lot more thorough, and you would get in the detailed report a report on each aspect exterior, interior, axles and tires, univolt, electrical, you name it. Let me know if this service is worth it to anyone (the paid for one I mean.).
Old 08-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
What are your qualifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytwinky
THis is Stinky Twinky, and I would like to offer to cover the south western NH area, and I will provide a summary report for $50 or a more detailed report for $100. I will still take pictures and burn to a cd and say yes or no for free, but the above services I would be a lot more thorough, and you would get in the detailed report a report on each aspect exterior, interior, axles and tires, univolt, electrical, you name it. Let me know if this service is worth it to anyone (the paid for one I mean.).

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
What qualifications are you looking for? I am not sure what you are asking, however I have an Argosy and have done major renovations to it, so I am familiar with the systems. I would be offering my ability to find problems and solutions. My reports would come with a money back guarantee, if I missed something (and it would be minor) I will refund the whole amount.

I would also offer to tow any trailer to the NE area NJ to NY and north and east, call me for pricing. I have a 1999 Ford F250 with a 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (12,000 LBS towing capacity). Please elaborate on the qualifications you require and I can let you know where I fit in. If there is a course on inspecting Airstream and Argosies I would be most interested in taking it, however I am not aware of one. I peruse this forum very often.

Maybe you would feel better if you saw a sample report?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
I was just curious as to what your "qualifications" were for charging for an inspection. Experience, certifications, etc. Sure, I think anyone that would pay for the service would want to see what a detailed sample inspection report would look like.

Quote:
What qualifications are you looking for? I am not sure what you are asking, however I have an Argosy and have done major renovations to it, so I am familiar with the systems. I would be offering my ability to find problems and solutions. My reports would come with a money back guarantee, if I missed something (and it would be minor) I will refund the whole amount.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Quote:
Let me know if this service is worth it to anyone (the paid for one I mean.).
I'm not trying to knock your offering, which I am sure is made with the best intentions. But as you know, we have volunteer service on this forum that does pretty much the same thing, with people who are often equally qualified.

I think the question becomes whether the more detailed review you are offering is worth an extra $50 or $100.

Personally, if I wanted that level of inspection -- in the northeast region -- I'd bring it to someone who services Airstreams for a living, such as GSM Vehicles or South Jersey RV. Otherwise, the Volunteer Inspectors seem to do a pretty good job.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Me too

Heck, I will do it in the same region for 25 and 50 dollars repsectively. I too am "Kwaliphyd "

I will send you a DVD and a short handed report.

I will toe your aystreem anywhere in the USA..

Just having fun with the newbie..........

Good luck with your entrepreneurial adventure.
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #7
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Question Be Careful ...

Quote:
(the paid for one I mean.).
If you charge for this service you will be considered a Professional, therefore you will accept level of professional liability from your representations.

Are you prepared to be taken to court and be sued for negligence when discrepencies are discovered after the purchase by your customers that were not discovered or not reported by you?

For $ 100.00+ per hour for the inspections, you may be able to cover the legal exposure. For $ 100 per job you may cover the cost of gasoline.

If you like to 'survey' these beasts, best just volunteer your time!
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Quick question..... it occurred to me as I read this, that perhaps this should be in the Classifieds, not the forum!
That having beeen said, I have no idea how much Errors & Omissions insurance will cost, but it will be a good, a** covering, thing to do! Purchase some before you do your first, professional inspection..... it will protect you as nothing else can!

Elizabeth in Iowa