Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

el paso , Texas
Service quality of El Paso, TX area dealer?

Does anyone know anything good or bad about American RV of Anthony, TX (an "exurb" of El Paso, Tx)?--I'm considering pursuing a purchase of a new airstream from various other dealers' current inventory thru them (assuming that they will be willing to do that), but am reluctant to initiate contact with them without looking into them first...

And does anyone know what's become of "Silver Bullet?" (a El Paso member who has offered assistance in local matters such as this in the past...)

Thanks!

AIRzilla
AIRzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I bought my vintage Argosy from Horizon RV in El Paso. Although they don't sell new trailer, just vintage and rebuilt, I know Mark, the owner, to be an honest man. He may be able to answer your questions about dealers in that area. Email is desertsunmark@aol.com. It's worth a try.

Go up to "member List" and find Silver Bullet and send him a message. There are several listed, bo see if you can locate him that way.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
_

. , .
hi 'zilla

each dealer OWNS their inventory on the lot.

so IF you locate a current unit someplace else, that dealer has to be willing to trade or sell it to the e.p. shop.

most are reluctant to do this unless it is an older new unit or very slow moving model.

some dealers do trade with each other but the practice isn't widespread.

it would be well worth your time and happiness to travel over to rogerwilliamsairstream in weatherford texas.

the sales mgr there, david tidmore can get you what you'd like and the place IS a primo service/repair shop.

they do custom modifications as well, and their work is often better than the factory.

unless you are in a hurry, why not order exactly what you want from them?

you can have new from the factory in 8 weeks or so.

regardless where you buy in texas, you will likely end up in weatherford for the important repair issues.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

el paso , Texas
Thanks, 2'air...The unit I'm wanting is actually a discontinued '07, so I'd guess it's already out of production/"orderability".
AIRzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Williams Airstream & David Tidmore

2Air is absolutely correct in his advising you to visit with David. We travel from VA to TX just to have David and his superb crew work on our Airstream. A five star experience with out a doubt! Give David a call and at least visit with him about your needs. I'd advise getting him on the horn around 7:30am weekdays at 817-596 0050.
HAPPY TRAILS