Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2003, 02:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

seattle/tacoma/everett shop rec needed

I'm looking for a shop recommendation here in the NW for brake and bearing service. My wife and I recently purchased a 77 Trade Wind from my Grandfather. This is our first rv so we're not sure where to go for service. There are so many dealers and shops here in the NW I don't know where to start.

The Trade Wind has been stored for the last several years so I know bearing service or replacement is in order. The brakes worked great on the trip home but they need to be inspected. I'm not sure if I have the round or oval magnets.

Any of you folks here in the NW have a recommendation for me? I live in Seattle but would be willing to go as far as Everett or Tacoma for a trustworthy shop.

Thanks in advance!
-jm
jmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

RE: Seattle/Tacoma/Everett Shop Recommendations

Jim,

I and my wife are currently looking for our first airstream.

There are two major servicing/retail Airstream Dealers in Washington.

The closet (with most expensive overhead, based on what little pricing discussions I've had with them) is Great American RV in Fife at the big curve in I-5 as you go south to Tacoma.

The other is Hill's Auto and RV in Yakima.

Thats my 2 cents worth.
pneum0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Just FYI

I drove by Great American about a month ago... I'd been there two months ago previous. They are now closed, out of business.

I did have great service from the SOB dealer that I bought my Argosy from - although it's up in Marysville. They even gave me a loaner car for a day while they installed the WD hitch and did an inspection on my trailer for me. They even repaired some "old" springs in the trailer drums for free(!) during the inspection. The name is Roy Robinson Chevy / RV. 1 800 722-2868.

While not an AS dealer, they did have a couple in the service lot.

I've also seen a couple of AS's for service in Camping World in Fife, and I've been happy with their retail side, but I've never actually used their repair shop.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Seattle/Tacoma/Everett servicing

3Ms75Argosy

Great American RV still in business. They just moved the airstreams/ trailers about 2 miles up the street to where the motor homes are. (Consolidation).

Did you buy the 75 with the streetside wheel that looked like it needed help and the lovely little crease on the side?

I live in Marysville and looked at one there last summer/fall.
pneum0 is offline   Reply With Quote