Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, $400.00 for a wall mount bracket for my $300.00 television; I don't think so! I'll Just use a $0.25 cent, six inch nail. My 15" LCD flatscreen television works perfectly well sitting on the credenza; And packs away nicely in one of my overhead cabinets while traveling.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Michigander
Some of the other trailer manufacturers must be using something similar for their flat screen TV's. If Airstream folks are balking at that price you know someone with a Jayco would never go for it. Airstream must run their parts department like the Pentagon. A $400 hammer, a $400 bracket, a $12 bolt. What? Are we unwittingly financing some cover Airstream R & D or something? Maybe that is how they afford to give their employees a bonus. Yikes!
That's the same thinking I had when I bought my Omnimount from Brandsmart last summer. I paid $110 for it. The only reason I knew it was the same as the one that Airstream used was that I was told by someone "in the business" that that was the brand they used.

While at the repair shop in JC I wanted to buy the backer plate that Airstream uses with the Velcro straps and rubber footed post to keep the TV from moving while underway. The two together was $147 and the plate by itself was $37.

While $400 seems inflated, it doesn't mean that Airstream is the one that is inflating it. Yes, it is a lot and Airstream may have something to do with that, but Airstream does have a right to make a profit. Just don't fire shots at the mother ship until you know they are the enemy. Find out who makes it and shop the price and see how it compares. If you can find it cheaper...I'm way for cheaper. If it isn't that far out of line...well, it just goes to show that specialty items cost $$$.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1975 24' Argosy 24
Midland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
That's the same thinking I had when I bought my Omnimount from Brandsmart last summer. I paid $110 for it. The only reason I knew it was the same as the one that Airstream used was that I was told by someone "in the business" that that was the brand they used.

While at the repair shop in JC I wanted to buy the backer plate that Airstream uses with the Velcro straps and rubber footed post to keep the TV from moving while underway. The two together was $147 and the plate by itself was $37.

While $400 seems inflated, it doesn't mean that Airstream is the one that is inflating it. Yes, it is a lot and Airstream may have something to do with that, but Airstream does have a right to make a profit. Just don't fire shots at the mother ship until you know they are the enemy. Find out who makes it and shop the price and see how it compares. If you can find it cheaper...I'm way for cheaper. If it isn't that far out of line...well, it just goes to show that specialty items cost $$$.
I have worked in the OEM parts market before for a major mainframe computer company. The word "proprietary" in and of itself adds dollars to the price of parts which might otherwise seem like they should cost much less. Companies like Airstream have to make hay while the sun shines. Right now, the sun is shining on the popularity of flat screen TV's. I do not begrudge Airstream for doing business the best way they can. That being said, if I can find the same thing elswhere for a better price I will. I think any of us whould.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #24
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Michigander
...if I can find the same thing elswhere for a better price I will. I think any of us whould.
That is my basic philosophy in life. Most times I can, but with the Omnimount, I couldn't. I doubt very seriously that this new TV mount is proprietary. It may be available cheaper and if it is I certainly would be for anyone buying it somewhere else. The reason I didn't want the A-V upgrade was because I knew I could get off the shelf components for less than half the price of the A-V package that Airstream charges and I pretty much replicated the end product with a 20" Sharp HD ready Aquios, a DVD/VCR combo, and Omnimount TV wall mount, Ipod port, and an FM Modulator. Everything was less than $800. Find it cheaper and cut Airstream out of the picture makes good financial $$ in my opinion.

Oh, BTW, check this TV mount out from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Peerless - HG Series Articulating Dual Wall Arm with Vertical: Electronics Puts Airstream into perspective.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Here's Costco's offerings:

Costco search results for "tv wall mount"

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1975 24' Argosy 24
Midland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
That is my basic philosophy in life. Most times I can, but with the Omnimount, I couldn't. I doubt very seriously that this new TV mount is proprietary. It may be available cheaper and if it is I certainly would be for anyone buying it somewhere else. The reason I didn't want the A-V upgrade was because I knew I could get off the shelf components for less than half the price of the A-V package that Airstream charges and I pretty much replicated the end product with a 20" Sharp HD ready Aquios, a DVD/VCR combo, and Omnimount TV wall mount, Ipod port, and an FM Modulator. Everything was less than $800. Find it cheaper and cut Airstream out of the picture makes good financial $$ in my opinion.

Oh, BTW, check this TV mount out from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Peerless - HG Series Articulating Dual Wall Arm with Vertical: Electronics Puts Airstream into perspective.
Cool, but wow the price is still pretty high. I guess they beef these up becuase they are designed for much larger TV's. The larger flat screens are much more expensive still so I guess they are going to charge accordingly. Maybe it really does cost them a lot to design these things and build them. Whatever the case, I will keep looking. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Try here.

LCD Mounts. Wall Mount, Projector Mount, TV Mount, Ceiling Mount, LCD & Plasma Mount
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Without knowing the brand that Airstream is installing, it is impossible to do a reasonable comparison. I am not saying they have the most competitive price, just don't accuse them of highway robbery until you have a comparable product in hand. I would imagine they are using a unit that is designed for a much larger unit since it will have to support the TV going over the road and over bumps and pot holes, etc. so it is impractical to compare to a unit designed to hold a static LCDof equal size on a fixed wall.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 07-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Wow!

Makes the four plastic mirror clips I use to mount my 17" flat screen Panasonic to the top of my built-in mircrowave cabinet look like a bargin. The bedroom unit will just have to stay sitting on the fold down mirror and when not in use stowed away. I don't believe that any of my TVs cost as much as the most expensive wall mounts pictured below. WOW!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #30
'06 75th Winick Prototype

2006 19' International CCD
1968 22' Safari
The Swamps of Hell , Lousy-Anna
Did anyone ever figure out the make and model of this TV bracket?
ggoat!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1
You bet Bob...I just want one for my unit!

By the way...as of today 6-27-07...$370.37 for the new bracket from the Mothership...

That price is subject to change over time...

G
Wow!! I got the best articulating TV mount via Wart online for $28! Got two!! Great for my Samsung 27" HDTVs and they allow you to lock the joints for travel mode! Heck with Jackson City.
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanologist View Post

Wow!! I got the best articulating TV mount via Wart online for $28! Got two!! Great for my Samsung 27" HDTVs and they allow you to lock the joints for travel mode! Heck with Jackson City.
What is Wart?
Lexgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Oh my! Sorry, that should have been Walmart. It's sold on-line. Works GREAT!!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Kentucky
I have looked on Walmart site and there are so many! Do you know which model you bought?
Diane
Lexgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanologist View Post
Search Walmart for Inland U-Mount VESA Wall Mount (Up to 32"). It works GREAT!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Search Walmart for Inland U-Mount VESA Wall Mount (Up to 32"). It works GREAT!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
I have three of these for my trailer, all on sliding dovetail fixtures I made from scrap oak that allow the TVs to be quickly removed for travel. I've seen what happens to stuff back there and don't want the TVs shaking and rattling whilst I'm rolling.

Taylormade is offline   Reply With Quote