Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2004, 05:38 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Atlanta , Georgia
New AS dealer in GA

Just thought I would pass on some info I stumbled across this morning. My wife passed some Airstreams at a dealer off of exit 201 just south of Atlanta on I75. I checked it out, and sure enough, Sagon RV Supercenter is now an official AS dealer. This dealer is not posted on the Airstream website yet. This could be great news because this dealer should have some experience with trailers (and have a service center). I would recommend buying an AS from a dealer with an experienced service dept as I have had and still am having issues with getting my trailer fixed. Which brings up another question....why didn't AS tell me to take my trailer to this dealer for repairs after several unsuccessful attempts at my dealer? Now it is at a SOB dealer that is only probably 40 miles away from this new dealer.

Anyways...check out the new dealer as another option in GA....Hope this helps!
addisons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I am glad to hear this!!!! We are going to order our Airstream next summer and wanted more options than the one dealer in Lithonia/Marietta (same dealer with two locations). And since we live south of Atlanta, this one will be more convenient.

Thanks for the great news.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
YES THAT IS GOOD NEWS. How far south are they now? I was there when they were up here in Jonesboro looking at a SOB last year sometime. It woulod be great to have a real dealer who will stock parts for us. Maybe we can get them to host a day rally or something dsown the road.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
YES THAT IS GOOD NEWS. How far south are they now? I was there when they were up here in Jonesboro looking at a SOB last year sometime. It woulod be great to have a real dealer who will stock parts for us. Maybe we can get them to host a day rally or something dsown the road.
I live off exit 212, I believe it is, which is McDonough, Ga. I believe the I-75, I-285 junction on the South side near the airport is at approximately mile post 235. That may give you some perspective.
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:55 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

We Buckeye's just got as lucky as the Ga. folks a new Airstream dealer in Galion, Ohio http://craigsmithrv.com/. I will be visting them this weekend for the 1st time to see how they are gearing up for parts and supply's and droll over the new one's.
J&D AS#2
JD85EXCELLA32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:32 PM   #6
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I live in Fayetteville, about 20 miles due south of the Atlanta Airport. If memory serves me correct, Exit 201 is the Hwy 16 exit (NOT I-16) between Jackson and Griffin. I get off of I-75 at Exit 218 when I return from FL. In fact I will be leaving for Disney World Friday after work and will keep an eye out for this dealer.

When I returned from my parents at Thanksgiving I noticed a new dealership with tons of SOB's but I didn't notice any Airstreams. I remarked to my wife how nice it would be if this dealer would start selling Airstreams. I think it is the same one. There used to be a simi dealer that went out of business near there that has been vacant for years and now sells RV's. There is also a small RV dealer near there.

One reason that Airstream didn't refer you to them may be that since they are so new they may not have any Airstream certified technicians on staff yet and the dealer they refered you to might have some. Or they may be waiting for the ink to dry on the paperwork before they start referals. Who knows, but it will be great to have a real service department nearer to our house. BTW, which dealer did Airstream refer you to near there just in case we need AS service when Sagon is booked up?
Old 12-20-2004, 05:00 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Atlanta , Georgia
My AS is at New Horizon's off of HWY 78 just before you get to Hwy 92 in Douglasville. I believe they did my hitch installation for the dealer also. According to the dealer, they have some experience with AS products. I couldn't find a web site, but their phone number is 770-949-9644. I am dealing with a man named Sam Cobb.

Scott
addisons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 07:23 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Stone Mountain , Georgia
Maybe I can get this new dealer to handle my axle bearing recall. The Lithonia dealer left me hanging.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:16 PM   #9
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Update

[QUOTE=Minnie's Mate]I live in Fayetteville, about 20 miles due south of the Atlanta Airport. If memory serves me correct, Exit 201 is the Hwy 16 exit (NOT I-16) between Jackson and Griffin. I get off of I-75 at Exit 218 when I return from FL. In fact I will be leaving for Disney World Friday after work and will keep an eye out for this dealer.

Hi Guys,
Susan And I rode down there today to see the new dealership. The name of the dealer is indeed Sagon. They moved their RV operation from Tara Blvd in Jonesboro a few months ago to the location off exit 201, aka Georgia Hwy 36. For those outside the Atlanta area, this is roughly 40 miles south of the Atlanta airport on I-75. They also recently picked up the Airstream line to complement the other SOB brands they carry. I spoke with one of the sales guys and he said that they will be a "full service" Airstream dealer. We are new to all of this, so I don't really know what that means. He did say that they would be able to service all Airsteam products and stock parts. We poked around the parts department for awhile and saw many items we were interested in, but again, I don't have any yardstick to compare this against other than a couple of local SOB dealers.
Maybe this will help some of the locals who have had issues in the past and maybe a few Snowbirds on the way south.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:40 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
exit 205 is highway Ga-16 and exit 201 is Ga highway 36
Old 12-23-2004, 11:52 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
went past on our way to Fla last week. They had a group of new trailers on the lot, and a few MHs. Good to see a dealer close to home. Now if we can get a Camping World..although there is one in Chattanooga now.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:05 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
several years ago when we were gathering info on class A and class C motorhomes we went to Sagon first. We received alot of help and good information. One thing that was stated then was if you did not buy it there thery would not service it.
I wonder if this view changed when they moved to the new location and with the addition of airstream?
Old 12-26-2004, 12:47 PM   #13
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurdy
One thing that was stated then was if you did not buy it there thery would not service it.
I wonder if this view changed when they moved to the new location and with the addition of airstream?
Was out of town last week (went to Florida for pre-Christmas trip to Disney World) and was incorrect about the exit. As stated, it is one exit south of the Griffin/Jackson exit on I-75. It is the Jackson exit on Hwy. 36. Anyway, they do have several new units on the lot. We plan to check them out between now and spring.

I thought that they were obliged to provide warranty service on any Airstream product wheather purchased from them or not. If that is an issue, I wouldn't buy from them even if they would service the unit I bought from them...just out of principle. Of course, this may be the reason Airstream didn't refer Addison's trailer to them. If Airstream did accept a dealer that wouldn't provide warranty service on Airstream products they didn't sell, I would be very dissappointed in Airstream.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

1963 16' Bambi
Decatur , Georgia
Several posts in this thread mention the same dealer in Lithonia and Marietta. Would you mind giving me the name. Can't seem to figure it out from the yellow pages. Thanks.

In the YP, I see nothing in Lithonia, but do see Crown RV Center in Conyers. I see Norman Campers and Three Way Campers in Marietta. Do any of these service AS? (Yes, I'll be calling them shortly to ask.) Believe I read the place on Tara Blvd. in Jonesboro moved to Jackson.

Jackson is about 45 miles from Decatur, so I'd like to find a closer place if at all possible.

Are that dealer and the one now in Jackson the only places with service/repair Airstreams anywhere near Atlanta?

Thanks
Goldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #15
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
There was a dealer in Lithonia for a while. It was Atlanta Auto Brokers. They are a dealer of off-lease luxury cars (BMW, Lexus, and the like) and were for a while an Airstream dealer, but I think they are no longer selling Airstreams. They did have an auxiliary lot on Hwy. 19/41 where they kept a few models, but I haven't seen them listed as an Airstream dealer in quiet some time. Their web address is: Determining extended properties....
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #16
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Goldtimer, I believe that Sagon, in Jackson, is the only Airstream Dealer in Georgia. At least that's what the told me when when we visted there last year. Something about the dealership that "used to be" giving up the agreement with Airstream, so Sagon took it over.

I'm sure there are any number of RV dealerships that would service your Airstream, but I've never used any of them (except for buying bits and pieces and one repair of the fresh water tank).

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1963 16' Bambi
Decatur , Georgia
Thanks much, Jim.

I just called Three Way Campers on Cobb Pkwy in Marietta and the man said they could order Airstream parts and service the Bambi.

The Serv. Dept. is off today at Crown RV Center in Conyers, but the receptionist said they could not order Airstream parts but could do service work involving generally available parts.

Bankston Motor Homes on Tara Blvd in Jonesboro said he didn't work on the old stuff. He referred me to GA RV in McDonough, but gave the wrong no. McDonough RV said they don't work on vintage ASs.

Sagon is a bit of a haul from Decatur (about 45-50 miles), but is doable if necessary.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
McDonough RV is where I got a leak in my fresh water tank "welded", or repaired. Well, I only live few miles from there as you might guess.

What is it you are needing to have done? A repair of some sort or are you looking for parts?

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #19
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Sagon May Be The Only Choice

Hello Goldtimer:

I think the dealer locator list on the Airstream web site is up to date. If so, the nearest dealer that services trailers is Sagon. I have never had service performed at Sagon but I don't get a warm and fuzzy fealing when I speak to the service center - they seem to know more about SOB's rather than Airstream. We chose to bring our trailer to the Airstream factory for some upgrades recently rather than have the local dealer perform the work. As I said, this is my opinion and is not based on actual work performed.

If you go to Sagon be sure to consider stopping by Buckner's family restaurant for a meal. Buckner's is at the same exit in Jackson.

Did I see your trailer parked in a lot along College Avenue between Decatur and Avondale Estates?

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1963 16' Bambi
Decatur , Georgia
Yep, that was it, Lucius! Small world! The girl I'm loaning it to has a VW repair shop (called "Carma VW") just north of Sam's crossing on the left.

Unfortunately, her manager let a guy go Friday, and perhaps coincidentally, or not, a number of cars -- and the Bambi -- were vandalized last night. The aluminum was bent so the slats of glass could be removed out of the door and the screen was busted up, but that appears about it.

She had just washed the glass, and the crime lab found a fingerprint on the glass, so perhaps the culprit (who stole nothing, making it appear to be revenge) will be brought to justice.