Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #61
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Airstream web site

Has anyone been able too find the online store?

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
You have got to be kidding. A kids with crayons could have done a better job of rearanging the SAME ol stuff so that it is even more confusing and has things missing. LET ME TELL YA.....For a company that claims to be THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY...this is SAD. An incomplete sight of old stuff that has less stuff than the site before. Sorry AS...but you REALLY DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Bay Area , California
Okay, I just filled out the brochure request form again, and I do have to admit that I misunderstood that part-- I thought it was going to email me the links, but it actually provides the links on the success page. In my defense, I missed them because the links are one shade off from the body text with no other indication that they are links. And on the form, it states "required fields are in orange" yet, all fields are gray. These guys can't even figure out how to work with their own style sheets.

The page sources says,
"Site Designed By Velocity7
Built by SiteCrafting - www.sitecrafting.com"

So... airstream hired Velocity7 again to create the very top-level design of the site, and then handed it over to someone probably much cheaper to get it up and running. Brilliant execution, mate.
KerriO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Broadway , North Carolina
Much better look - updated and still classic/clean - still seems to be under construction though.

I did find a link to the Online Store on the Contacts page but it did not actually redirect to the store. The old site had some pages with owner manuals, diagrams and trailer weight sheets - a bit hard to find on the old site, really hard to find on this one.

...............Scott
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
IT IS NOT professional to indroduce and new web site that is not ready to be indroduced. This new site needs a lot of work. I fear it will be void of complete information as the old site was. Meaning not all trailers will be listed and option list will be incomplete. Even the so called new site does not tell customers that the LS package on the Safari is now standard and is no longer optional. It still lists it optional. GET IT TOGETHER AS...
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

Bay Area , California
DFord, I absolutely agree with you. Though the site seems so incomplete right now, that I don't think we have any way of predicting how complete or accurate it may be in the end! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just still stunned that they decided to launch as-is.

FYI: I got a PM from who I assume is one of the coders of the website in regard to my brochure download and stylesheet issues letting me know they've been corrected. So the good news is, there are people out there listening. I have no idea how much say the guy/girl coding has in the whole content or decision making process (probably a whole different group), but at least someone's listening!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #67
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Culpeper , Virginia
Y A W N
Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I should at least reference that the year-model-weights table has been found. It's attached to this post. From http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...hts-35742.html.

Now... does anybody have a .pdf or location of the two VIN charts? pre- and post-1980?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf year-model-weights chart.pdf (100.7 KB, 42 views)

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #69
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs down No Brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFord79
IT IS NOT professional to indroduce and new web site that is not ready to be indroduced. This new site needs a lot of work. I fear it will be void of complete information as the old site was. Meaning not all trailers will be listed and option list will be incomplete. Even the so called new site does not tell customers that the LS package on the Safari is now standard and is no longer optional. It still lists it optional. GET IT TOGETHER AS...
The factory should have the BEST site on the web. Not very impressive that the Dealers on the internet are responsible for the most accurate info out there. J.C. could be supplying us with a wealth info we all know they have at their disposal, why they don't or won't is beyond understanding. Get with it Airstream, start paying some attention to your loyal army of enthusiasts, we deserve your support. The internet is a no brainer.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #70
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
no store anymore...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #71
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
I miss the Airstreamer section. Hope they bring back the classified section. (Somehow I doubt it...) It is sad that the new site has much less content than the old???
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #72
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I wish they would have a section on the discontinued models and vintage models. I lost my brochure for my 30' Safari Bunkhouse when my briefcase was stolen. Now I don't have any information about it other than empirical knowledge and as a business associate would say, I often have half-zimers disease.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #73
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
I wish they would have a section on the discontinued models and vintage models. I lost my brochure for my 30' Safari Bunkhouse when my briefcase was stolen. Now I don't have any information about it other than empirical knowledge and as a business associate would say, I often have half-zimers disease.
MM,

I will check and see if I have a brochure left over for you...

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #74
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1
MM,

I will check and see if I have a brochure left over for you...

G
That would be great! Mine's an '06. If you do, send me a PM and I'll send you my mailing address.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #75
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Culpeper , Virginia
Dufferin:

The link in the Company Site Map is wrong.

Company Store still exists

Airstream :: Store

A shame they don't have quality control for their webmaster
Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #76
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Just FYI, the updated site is up.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #77
3 Rivet Member

Bay Area , California
Okay, now I'm peeved. I fillled out that form on airstream.com (was it last week?) to download the brochures for the International and DWR Bambi (which, btw, had no additional useful info-- no options, nothing), and made sure not to check the box that said allowed other partners to contact me.

Now I'm getting calls from a local airstream dealer. I don't blame them -- they probably have no idea I don't want their calss -- but why the heck is Airstream giving out my contact information without my permission? They know my home phone #, my email address and which airstreams I'm interested in! I've already received two emails and a phone call.

The only explanation is that airstream gave them that info from the form, and, though I can't be certain, I'm sure that I made sure that I unchecked the box to give them that permission.

Boy, airstream (the manufacturer) makes some wonky choices, doesn't it?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
They did rush the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriO
Okay, now I'm peeved. I fillled out that form on airstream.com (was it last week?) to download the brochures for the International and DWR Bambi (which, btw, had no additional useful info-- no options, nothing), ... Now I'm getting calls from a local airstream dealer. ...but why the heck is Airstream giving out my contact information without my permission? ...
Perhaps they do not have the information you requested in a downloadable format.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #79
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
and made sure not to check the box that said allowed other partners to contact me.
I have seen this before, it is all in the wording.
Most likely Airstream does not consider it's dealers as "other partners". They are represenatives of the company. "Other partners" would most likely include companies like zipdee, hechnsen etc.

I always use a different middle initial when I fill out forms like that. It alows me to trace back who is selling my name and who is not.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
i have given the address and phone number of the store i am shopping in, when asked for 'personal' information'. when the heads raise, i say, "i'll call you every day to see if i've gotten any calls or mail".

i've also said, "i'm homeless, shall i have the ACLU call?".

sometimes, stupid answers make them leave you alone more quickly.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote