Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Micro-Air Discount Offer

Okay everyone. The reception and interest here has been so outstanding, Micro-Air is going to extend to all of you an special offer that we have done for some other trailer owners forums. I have just created a special coupon code that you can enter into our webstore if you decide to make a purchase. The coupon will save you $25 on the EasyStart 364 model, and an equivalent percentage on the EasyStart 366. During checkout on the payment page, just enter AIRSTREAM (case sensitive) into the coupon code box. You will see the discount applied on the next page before order confirmation and submission.

Thank you again for the kind reception, great questions, and interest in our EasyStart product line.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Newtown , Pennsylvania
Just ordered 2. Thanks.

Bruce
PD9160 converter, Prosine 1800 inverter
2x Victron 100/30 Smart Solar, Victron Smart Shunt
AstroBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:23 AM   #3
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Ordered one. Won't do install until spring.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
I rarely turn down a cup of coffee so that's good. How long is that code good for? I'm thinking I'll climb on the roof soon and have a first hand look at the AC unit before I commit.

But this certainly sounds like something worthwhile.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #5
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
How long is that code good for?...

...But this certainly sounds like something worthwhile.
Thank you, and we're glad to hear that! The discount code will stay valid at least through the summer. We realize that everyone won't likely get around to considering this until the weather warms up.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Air View Post
Thank you, and we're glad to hear that! The discount code will stay valid at least through the summer. We realize that everyone won't likely get around to considering this until the weather warms up.
Great. It's 40 degrees with 30 mph winds as I type. Not going on the roof!
Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #7
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Ordered one. Thanks Matteo.

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Lemont , Illinois
I just ordered one. Matteo was very helpful.

Although my Attwood Air Command does 13500 does work as advertised with one Honda 2000i generator, the Honda has to running full-on, (no ECO-mode).

With this unit, I'll be able to start the AC in ECO-mode, which should produce less strain on the AC and generator, plus (hopefully) give me an all-night run time. It might even be able to charge the batteries while running the AC, but I'm not counting on that... I'll update after installation and testing.

Glenn
Glenn T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Is there a link? All I can find under this name is an air quality testing company.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Is there a link? All I can find under this name is an air quality testing company.

http://www.microair.net/main/default.html

Coupon code is AIRSTREAM

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #11
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Sorry, AWCHIEF. You went to www.microair.COM. We are www.microair.NET. You can also go to our webstore at store.microair.net to find the EasyStart 364.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Matteo, thank you

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn T View Post
I just ordered one. Matteo was very helpful.

Although my Attwood Air Command does 13500 does work as advertised with one Honda 2000i generator, the Honda has to running full-on, (no ECO-mode).

With this unit, I'll be able to start the AC in ECO-mode, which should produce less strain on the AC and generator, plus (hopefully) give me an all-night run time. It might even be able to charge the batteries while running the AC, but I'm not counting on that... I'll update after installation and testing.

Glenn
If you can't charge through the converter I wonder if you could at least plug in a 1 amp trickle charger? If you are talking about running it all night you'd get a bit of a charge at least.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
Looks interesting, I watched the video but honest I wouldn't trust myself to do that work.
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
If you can't charge through the converter I wonder if you could at least plug in a 1 amp trickle charger? If you are talking about running it all night you'd get a bit of a charge at least.
I converted to a 4 stage converter/charger and I have manual control on the type of charging. I can trickle charge if that is worth anything. We'll see what happens once my Easystart is hooked up.

I'm waiting for a few warm days here in Ohio to install.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
We are thinking of getting a genetator for the Airstream, and it sounds like we should be investigating Easy-Start so we can run up to a 15k BTU by with a 2000W Honda or Yamaha or maybe the 2400W Yamaha genetator converted to propane. Those gens are about as heavy ad I'd want to lift in and out the truck. We'd ideally like whichever generator we get to also serve as backup power for the sump pump at home. The sump pump may require a 3500W to 5000W generator (Locked Rotor Amps of 30A to 40A) to start without an Easy-Start, so the question is:

"Is there an Easy-Start solution that works for a sump pump?"
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
With the IP65 can you mount it on the roof as a stand alone, and will it be fine? Or does it need cover from the AC shroud.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #18
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Is there an Easy-Start solution that works for a sump pump?
Hi Joe. EasyStart works with any motor that has a split winding. That is, the motor has a "start" winding and a "run" or "main" winding. These motors have 3 wires and are called PSC (permanent split-capcitor) motors. They use either a start cap, or both a start cap and a run cap. The other main type of motor is called "shaded-pole". These only have 2 wires, and therefore are not compatible with EasyStart.

EasyStart has been used with success on many pump motors up to 5HP for air compressors, and up to 2.5HP for watermakers. Wiring EasyStart into these can be very difficult though because the motor connections are not as easily accessible as they are with an air conditioner compressor. But nevertheless, it is feasible.

If you take a photo of your sump pump motor's dataplate, I should be able to determine for you if EasyStart would be compatible.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #19
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
With the IP65 can you mount it on the roof as a stand alone, and will it be fine? Or does it need cover from the AC shroud.
Hi Troutboy. Although the EasyStart IP65 enclosure can withstand blowing rain and water immersion, its plastic material cannot withstand the UV of direct sunlight for extended periods of time (months and years). Therefore, it should be mounted underneath the shroud of the A/C unit.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Air View Post
Hi Joe. EasyStart works with any motor that has a split winding. That is, the motor has a "start" winding and a "run" or "main" winding. These motors have 3 wires and are called PSC (permanent split-capcitor) motors. They use either a start cap, or both a start cap and a run cap. The other main type of motor is called "shaded-pole". These only have 2 wires, and therefore are not compatible with EasyStart.

EasyStart has been used with success on many pump motors up to 5HP for air compressors, and up to 2.5HP for watermakers. Wiring EasyStart into these can be very difficult though because the motor connections are not as easily accessible as they are with an air conditioner compressor. But nevertheless, it is feasible.

If you take a photo of your sump pump motor's dataplate, I should be able to determine for you if EasyStart would be compatible.
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, we have a submersible sump pump that sits under water most of the time. Even with a psc motor, only two wires exit the sump pump housing. I don't think I want to break the seal to access internal wires. I guess the best solution will be either a new sump pump with a lower start current or a bigger genetator.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote