Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2003, 01:04 PM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Member Recommended Repair Facilities

I am starting a spreadsheet (to include in a folder we keep in our trailer) that lists recommended AS facilities that might be needed in case of emergency on the road or if I wanted to have a professional (other than my husband, of course@!!) do work. For instance - at some point we would like to add a rockguard to our Argosy Minuet. We know that the only rockguard available is one to fit a standard Argosy, so it would have to be cut to fit. We may decide we can do it, but if not I would probably use:

Americaan Way RV in Boise, Idaho

Contact person - Charlie Burke

# 800 658-5863

We have talked on the phone several times with Charlie and he is always very helpful. I have also seen his facility recommended here on the forum several times.

If you know of a facility you would highly recommend, please think about adding it to this thread (if you can put the info in highlighted color, that will make it easy for others), then we can bookmark or note this one thread for easy reference to facilities in several (maybe most of U.S./Canada?) areas. Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:32 AM   #2
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Unhappy what went wrong???

Didn't anybody like my idea? I thought it might be easy if there was one thread with HIGHLY recommended repair facilities highlighted all on one thread. You could even post what you have had done at your facility for reference. No??? Boo Hoo Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
I don't recommend any where I live. They gouge here.
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Member Recommended Repair Facilities

Greetings Leigh!

I can recommend two facilities with whom I have had very good experiences. The first is a regular Airstream dealer while the second is a brand X dealer who has been quite helpful.

Ace Fogdall RV, Inc.
5424 University Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA 50613

Phone: 800-747-0747

Web Site: Ace Fogdall RV, Inc.

Fogdall's have maintained my Airstream since shortly after I acquired it in 1995 and also have been my maintenance source for the Argosy as well. The quality of their work has been beyond reproach, and I have always been very satisfied with their facility.

Since my property where I store one of the trailers is more than 700 miles from Cedar Falls, I have found it necessary to have a number of reparis handled nearer that location. For the last seven years, I have been very pleased with the service offered by Kamper's Supply in Carterville, Illinois - - they are a Brand X dealer, but aren't opposed to working on an Airstream product. They have helped me out with brake work, winterizing, plumbing repairs, etc.

Kamper's Supply
400 W. Plaza Drive
Carterville, IL 62918

Phone: 618-985-6959

Web Site: Kamper's Supply

<<Located adjacent to IL Highway 13 just west of the Carterville Cross Roads. Approximately midway between Carbondale and Marion, IL>>

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:31 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

C&G Trailer Service in Bellflower, CA (562) 634-6286. Email is CGTrailer @aol.com

They come highly recommended on the road and in the club. They have been around about 35 years and have a history with Airstream back to WWII. Friendly and knowledgeable.

I think they only work on Airstreams. They have dozens parked at their facility.