Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
la canada , California
Managing a listing to sell Airstream

can anyone help ? ...my wife listed our 16 foot Sport 2015 ( evelyn151 ) and we need to add photos and information now that the listing is up. i have spent hours trying to find the place to do this , sent numerous requests for help and still cant figure out the process. HELP ?? Jesse
jray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
Here is how

Go to "manage my ad" and follow prompts Sometimes goes slowly
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
la canada , California
manage my ad

rjack, thank you...that sounds familiar. sold previous trailer a few years ago using the forum but for the life of me....i do not see "manage myad' anywhere. i know it is supposed to apear at the top of the page once signed in but ???jesse
jray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I'd be more concerned about how not to get scammed for payment !

We don't want to sell our trailer just yet, but considering our age, who knows when! It would be still worth a fair bit, and I'd be concerned about how to accept payment.

I suppose cash is safest - as long as not counterfeit - but I suspect most buyers would not be prepared to come with that amount of cash.

When we sold our previous trailer to a gent from the US (We are in Canada) I spoke wth our bank - they said that even bank drafts these days could easily be forged, and that I would be on the hook if my trailer was gone and the bank later discovered that the bank draft I had been given was no good!

They suggested I have the buyer bring Am. Exp. travellers cheques and that the two of us come to my bank together with them.

My bank would then (in our presence) contact Am. Exp. to ensure they were good, then cash them for us.

I felt very embarrassed telling the buyer that this was what was required, as he seemed a very decent fellow after a few emails and phone calls ....... but who knows!

I apologises, and he understood, and this is what we did and it worked fine. (I had previously asked him about bringing cash which would have been ok by me, but he was reluctant to travel with a large amount of cash.)

I'd be interested to know how others have dealt with this issue in today's somewhat scary
situation where so many scams seem to abound.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
1. "Quick links"
2. "Post an ad"
3. "Manage ads"
Old 06-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #6

2017 16' Sport
la canada , California
still unresolved....

thx...BUT under quick links...i do not find "post a link" which in turn does not lead to manage an ad.... this is crazy
evelyn151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
"Post a classified"
Old 06-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #8

2017 16' Sport
la canada , California
quick links

attached is a screen shot of my quick links drop down...i do not seem to have "post an ad", etc... or "manage your ad". i really appreciate your help, but something is weird here.... i have examined our listing for any options to "manage etc.." , and cant find anything. do you know how we might communicate with the web master or try somewhere else. thanks a ton !
evelyn151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of your page.

Maggie
Old 06-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Let say I just sold my Globetrotter to a very guy from Australia. There some issues we had to work out including how to transfer payment. Of course there is a trust issue on both sides. With us, we ended up using the Freight company as the the tool for receiving payment. We met on a Saturday where I allowed him to stay I'm the camper in order to learn the workings of the camper. Still no money exchanged. On Monday, we loaded the camper and headed 3 hours to Charleston, SC port. At the Freight storage, the they handed the Australia customer a check drawn on an Bank of America check which had been pre-approved to be cashed at their local branch. We headed to bank to cash only to find out due to amount of check that the issuer, "Freight Company" should have registered the check with BOA. This wasn't a big deal. We made a call to Freight company to request that they register it. 2 hours later the check was cleared to cash. We just used the 2 hours to prep camper for shipping.

Wiring money put the buyer in jeopardy not knowing if I would run with his money. I ternation check would not clear in a day, more like a week. We looked into Escrow.com but even there were some issues.

I would say using the Freight company ended up being quite good.

Just wanted to share my, our story.
Rick
montanablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Go to www.airstreamclassifieds.com
Scroll down to ‘Getting Started’
Read article in it is how to load photos.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:31 AM   #12

2014 25' FB International
Chesterfield , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvr_Bullet View Post
Go to www.airstreamclassifieds.com
Scroll down to ‘Getting Started’
Read article in it is how to load photos.
I had the same problem. Use the load picture area below . Small print in ble
markhfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Yep, ya gotta be in Airstream classifieds first. Add up to ten images (make them small in size before you start) and opt for the $100 featured ad upgrade. Your ad will be seen 10x more than one without. I had my trailer listed for a week with no calls. Upgraded to the featured ad option and sold in two days.

Also, write a very descriptive description of your trailer. All the upgrades, condition and why you are selling. Also, include what is wrong with the trailer. Be honest, they are going to ask these questions eventually. Take your time and be complete. Buyers will read everything you post. It's your time to make it shine!

I recently sold my trailer and found the easiest way to protect all is to use an attorney. My attorney used an escrow account to receive all the funds from the buyer, pay off my bank loan, arranged to get the title and distributed the money when all was completed. Yep, it cost $500, but the seller and buyer can split that cost just for the peace of mind.

It is also important to get to know your buyer. Anyone willing to give you full price and have you ship it to them is a scam. I had one of those calls that I ignored.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Corry , Pennsylvania
How to get approved..they. Have my $100. How to get to site administrator?? To get approved.can not do anything with this site. Please help..Gerald Hepler
Stonesareus@gmail.com
Text 814 462 6066
Stonesrus is offline   Reply With Quote