Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
LED Panel Lights

Hi Folks,

This is William at Lumen Warehouse in Saskatoon, Canada.

In addition to our LED products available for the automotive market, we will now be offering LED panels for trailers. We think the newest versions of the panel light will work really well on trailers especially for owners concerned with lowering their power consumption when boon docking or rock docking.

The panels are lightweight and super slim at just a bit thicker than an iPhone and clip securely in place. Once they are installed in a cutout they protrude less than 1/8" and have a smart aluminum finish. The cut out could be on the inner skin of a trailer ceiling, the base of an upper cabinet or a hollow dividing wall.

The key benefit is that they use a very small amount of power, the 4" unit runs at 0.6 Amps on 12 Volts and yet emits 250 lumens of really good quality light. The light is unlike many LED products in that it is not a beam from a tiny visible chip it just glows through the panel producing a well diffused glow.

The installation is straightforward, all it requires is a round hole for the unit and connection of the two wires supplying 12 Volt power. Having connected the two wires correctly the spring clips are inserted in the hole and they secure the unit in place.

I just thought these might be of some interest to some.

All the information is on our web site for anyone looking for more detail, or feel free to drop me a note if there's anything specific I could help with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 inch round.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	206286   Click image for larger version

Name:	4%22round panel.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	206287  

Old 02-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
mje
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
What is the color temperature in kelvin? Cost per unit? Dimmable? I'm interested.
mje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
At present we stock the 3000 Kelvin versions. They are dimmable when used on a 12 Volt supply with a regular dimmer (rheostat). The 4" model (LWPAC3-04) retails at $25.99 Canadian. We added a discount coupon "AIRSTREAM" for products in the RV category. The link in my signature will take you straight there for a better look at the tech section too.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
mje
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Thanks! Are they compatible with new Airstream trailers with built in dimmers - the dimmers are not rheostat, but rather they flicker to dim.
mje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
They will operate, but to many the flickering is visibly annoying, so I'd probably not recommend that combination. I don't know what the current AS dimmers look like but if there's any way to swap it out for a regular dimmer you'd be good to go