Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2004, 09:15 AM   #21
nds
3 Rivet Member

You should make a trip back to Cincinnati at least once a year, if for no other reason than:

nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #22
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Skyline Chili

Are those four ways? I don't see the beans!
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:25 AM   #23
nds
3 Rivet Member

It's a 5 way if it's on my plate!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cincinnati , Ohio
First, no offense taken. What's a little ribbing amongst Airstream friends!

Mecklenburg's is still in business. I've heard they still serve great food. I guess I should be ashamed of myself, being from good
German stock on both sides, I've never eaten there. I'll have to make the hubby take me there sometime.

I just read an article in the newspaper last week about the Central Oyster House. It's no longer in business but they said great things about the food. There is a fairly new restaurant, Washington Platform, that celebrates Oysterfest every year. Their claim to fame is oysters cooked every way imaginable. Never tried their oysters but the rest of their food is great!

Main Street in Over-The-Rhine is making a comeback for trendy bars and restaurants. I've been to a few places. Really nice...the only down side is it's a really bad part of town. Shootings, drug deals, etc. I try to stay away after dark!

And don't forget The Montgomery Inn, world famous for their ribs & BBQ sauce. Many people rave about it but I prefer to get my ribs, etc. from the south, mostly little off the wall joints in North & South Carolina. Now that's some BBQ!
Herm and Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 08:26 AM   #25
nds
3 Rivet Member

Moonlite Bar BQ

If you want to try some real good Bar BQ, c'mon down to Kentucky for some Western Kentucky Bar BQ.

Moonlite Bar BQ

This stuff is awesome!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
West Palm Beach , Florida
The Queen City is a great place! Used to love to come down there from the Circle City and grab a great meal at Mike Fink's floatin' out there on the Ohio river and then catch a game at Riverfront Stadium.
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD QuadCab SRW Long Bed
Sir Wooferman Wellington, Cock-a-poo Watch Pup
DreamStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #27
nds
3 Rivet Member

Mike Fink's boat is great! I used to like the Spagetti Factory too but, I think it closed down when they built the new stadiums.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Classic
Cincinnati , Ohio
Ky's Only Airstream Dealer - Plapp's

OK - I missed the jump from KY AS dealer to Cincy Chili but, to get back to the original thread, I just left my '78 Tradewind at Plapp's yesterday to have new stabilizing jacks installed. Three of the 4 jacks were missing when I bought this Arkansas buggy. I'm headin' for Sarasota next week (of course it has to be 1 week AFTER the rally!!! ). Only one jack on the back and zero on the front wasn't stable enough for my liking.

Richard - parts man - said he could have the jacks down from Jackson Center by today, Friday, so, no problem! He did tell me that he could only get them in sets of two so I had to replace all four. Now I have the old one as a spare! Did I just get the KY shuffle???

Finding Plapp's was a little tricky. The town of Elsmere is just south of Cinn. and consists of liiitttle tiiiinnny side streets off the main drag, US42. Plapp's is on one of these little tiny side streets. Actually, it's a little store called Elsmere Marine with 25 new fishing boats outside and 5 new ATVs inside the "showroom"! We barely made it down the street and would have blown on past except we saw a '57 AS sitting beside the store. Inside the 'showroom', Richard - the parts man - greeted me amid fishing lures and aluminum props. Nary an AS picture in sight!!! He told me that the new owners had increased boat sale tenfold in the last 2 years and now they wanted to expand the business into travel trailers. I looked around and wondered where the service dept. was!!!

Richard had me turn up another side street and back into a 3 car garage where they do all their service! Wasn't that a thrill! Left the AS parked in their driveway and hoped the kids in the house next door didn't do a nasty on my roof overnight.

Richard did show me the drawings and plans for their NEW showroom just down I-75 at the Hebron exit. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! They hope to be in the new facility by May of this year. This looks like it's going to be a great AS Dealer. They're just not quite there yet!

(NEWSFLASH) - it's now Friday afternoon and Richard says the jacks haven't arrived yet. It's only about 100 miles up to Jackson Center so what's the problem. He assures me they will be here by Monday. I'm leaving Wed so it's starting to get a little close to the wire.

Bob Hastings
'06 Classic 28'
'04 Ford F250 V8

Remember :
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
Margaret Lee Runbeck

BOBHASTINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:52 PM   #29
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Glad to see a dealership in our State!

We had one before but it’s been gone for several years!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Rivet

Any new updates about Plapps? They are my nearest dealer,nobody likes a suprise,
scf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #31
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I was thinking about this new dealer as a possibilty for service since it's near Louisville and I'm down there quite a bit....then I realized how close to Jackson Center it is and thought, for me it would be a great addition if I ever need to go shoppin' again for another Airstream instead.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I stopped in Plapps one time and they had all the trailers open except for the Airstreams. I didn't know they were building another facility.
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #33
Airstream Dealer

Crispyboy

Have you been to our new store yet. We keep the Airstreams locked to keep out kids since the units are Airstreams. You have to meet with a salesman in order to get the units unlocked, this way we can keep the units in prestine shape.
Matt Plapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Thumbs up Plapps

Any updates on the new store ?????
scf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

I was just there today!

I was just at Plapp's today. They're up and running with Airstreams and other brands. I stopped in to see what the new 2005 Bambi's are going for. I was amazed! Retail is $37,000! Whew!

We're considering selling our 2003 Bambi. Anybody have an idea what we could get for it? We're just not using it as much as we thought we would, and it seems silly to be paying for it (along with storage fees) when we're not making use of it.

Cherie (KY Girl)
KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #36
Airstream Dealer

Store Updates

I don't get much of a chance to check out the forum, but I saw last month where you asked for a store update.

Everything is pumping along. We are now up and running full speed. 2 of our techs have been to Airstream training and 4 of our 6 salesman have been to the factory for training as well. We're getting about 1 Airstream in per week for service. We've got 14 new airstreams, 2 used (1958 & 1978) and a few motorhomes.

I just went to my first ralley this weekend and had a great time. The cincinnati unit is awesome and the people greeted my family with open arms. We're going to head out to the International Ralley later this month for a few days to get the big picture. Please stop by and check things out, we also have an Airstream bar on our 2nd floor in the customer lounge.

Thanks,
Matt Plapp
Plapp's Pro Outdoors
www.plapps.com:)
Matt Plapp is offline   Reply With Quote