Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #1

Carmel , Indiana
Extremely easy to use travel journals from Journey Logbook

After taking the motorcycle ride of a lifetime to Alaska, I was going through all the photos and realized so much information was missing and I couldn't recall a number of specifics just days after coming back home. So many details about what was seen, what side roads were ridden, the names of some of the people I met on the adventure, the names of some mom-and-pop motels and eateries, hidden campground locations, and so much more were gone from my memory forever. It's the same problem I have encountered on every great motorcycle journey I've taken. The scraps of paper I had used along the way were nowhere to be found; there had to be a better way documenting these trips.

Chatting with others that travel on motorcycles, RV's, cars, roller skates, whatever...most everybody report the same problem. How to quickly and painlessly document all of the things on the journey that you want to remember later...without spending an hour every day doing it?

Problem solved.

Introducing Journey Logbook. Quick website link if you want to skip the sales pitch below: Journey Logbook - Document the Adventure

Available in EIGHT different versions, these adventure journals make it easy to track each day's events while out on the asphalt, dirt, or in any other environment. Regardless whether you travel by motorcycle, bicycle, automobile, airplane, RV, or even roller skates, Journey Logbook makes it easy to document every one of your adventures going forward.

Unlike a traditional spine-glued journal, these coil-bound, lay flat logbooks provide entries for each day's specific information into your view at once. Open to the day's adventure, write your desired information down on both the left and right pages, close. The daily template guide assures that you cover whatever information you believe to be important or noteworthy on the correct corresponding days. Track expenditures daily...and use the pages at the back of the guide to keep running totals of expenses and other important things in your journey in just one view. Simple. Easy.

Record your adventure. The name and contact info of that rider you met at the gas station that you talked to for an hour. The place that had the best craft beer on the trip and the information to order it when getting back home. How much that repair cost was and which place did the work. A list of those gifts you need to buy on this trip for those back home. What the weather was like each day. And so much more; including a list of reminders before leaving on that important adventure.

Easily documented. And more importantly...these journals are designed so that you can personalize the information entered the way that YOU want. Journey Logbook provides the guide...you create your own story. There is not right or wrong way. There's only YOUR WAY.

The logbooks make it simple and easy. Enter your entries at the end of the day while waiting for your dinner meal, before falling asleep, or even through the day on a break while waiting for your friend to finish pumping their gas. Easy to use coil-bound journals lay flat so you can write in them while relaxing in the motel bed or in your tent's sleeping bag. And they are small enough to easily fit into panniers, tank bags, or your roll-down bags. They look great and can be conversation starters to those around you.

Here's an example page:

Multiple-day journey adventure tracking logbooks are available for 7, 14, 31, and 180-day trips.

Take lots of single-day journeys and can't get away for those long journeys that others do? Track your rides just as easily with the 50- and 100-trip single-day adventure journals which make it easy to see your expenses as well as to track all of your destinations that you have done.

Like to do both regular and long-weekend adventures? The 26- and 52-weekend guides are the perfect take-a-long and have you covered.

I really like supporting small businesses, so we partnered with a great POD publisher to make these high-quality logbooks for us. Our POD's shopping cart is not yet designed to allow for coupon codes, so we just went ahead and discounted all of the prices an average of 20% (15% on the 180-Day logbook) for the members here from what will most likely end up being the final retail pricing. Don't worry, we won't raise prices for awhile...we have a lot of other things to do to keep us busy. Prices for the logbooks now start at just $8 plus s&h.

You can contact us with questions through this thread, a PM, email, or from our website. We'd love your feedback...especially once you start using the journals.

The biggest thing you can do to help our newly started business adventure? SHARE THE WORD! Tell your friends and we'd appreciate it if you SHARE or LIKE us on Facebook and Twitter (links below and at the bottom of our website) and tell others about Journey Logbook. And by the way...with Christmas right around the corner, these make GREAT gifts for all of your friends and family....because everybody travels and these work for all adventures no matter what your transportation method.

Please check us out at any of the following online locations:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WeAreJourneyLogbook

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Journey_Logbook

Thank you for your support!
Mastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Took a look at the product and it seems nicely thought out and easy to use. Would be something I would consider buying.

I also struggle with this and currently use 3x5 cards to document days and then file them in a trip folder with brochures etc when we get home. As life gets busier I am not finding the time to get back and final organize them.

I would also be interested in:

1.Being able to buy individual sheets and put in a small 3 ring binder.

2. Having a book format that is perpetual. Maybe one for each year or when you fill one book you just move to the next one and put dates on the cover.

3. Doing this digitally. On your phone or iPad through out the day or evening and then with a print option or preserved digitally.

Thanks for a great option.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Extremely easy to use travel journals from Journey Logbook

Thank you for sharing your product for keeping a travel journal. While the product is very simple and user friendly, due the the frequent extended trips we take with our Airstream, I agree with prior poster in needing a book format that is perpetual. Our travels this year were: 93 days, 8 days, 14 days, 65 days, etc. I currently keep travel log digitally on iPad along with photos.
We also keep excel logs for mileage, campgrounds ($, location, type- State, National, County, BML, Independent).

However, I too would also be interested in:

2. Having a book format that is perpetual. Maybe one for each year or when you fill one book you just move to the next one and put dates on the cover.

3. Doing this digitally. On your phone or iPad through out the day or evening and then with a print option or preserved digitally.

Good luck with your product and keep us informed with new ideas.

Kind regards,
FCloud9
FCloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

Carmel , Indiana
Long reply coming, please bear with me.

Thanks for your reply and ideas! I'll share my responses below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
I agree with prior poster in needing a book format that is perpetual. Our travels this year were: 93 days, 8 days, 14 days, 65 days, etc. I currently keep travel log digitally on iPad along with photos.
We also keep excel logs for mileage, campgrounds ($, location, type- State, National, County, BML, Independent).

However, I too would also be interested in:

Good luck with your product and keep us informed with new ideas.

Kind regards,
FCloud9
1. Interesting idea. Not sure how that keeps somebody from simply buying a page and Xerox it their selves and have an endless supply though. I don't know of any journal, diary, or logbook product that sells single pages of their product. I understand the idea though...and I think #2 below addresses this at least partially? Also, any paper product repeatedly used receives wear. That's why we have heavy stock color covers with UV coating. We looked into 3-hole punch binding options for the paper as well. Very bad, in comparison to coil binding. Coil is going to last much longer. 3-hole, when one or two holes tear out, the page now more easily tears out and is going to come out of the binder. Most of our coil-bound products have 36 coils and holes. If one, two, or three holes tear out, these still stay in the binding as designed.

2.Perpetual. Good idea, which we actually already tried. These logbooks are the sixth revision from testing. All eight testers that used this throughout the summer by car, RV, and motorcycle travel stated NOT to place a dedicated period of time on these. It was stated so many of the pages would go to waste at the end of the year unused. Instead, on the back cover for the Single Day Trips and the Weekend Trips logbooks, there is a place to list START DATE and END DATE for the logbook, which prevents tons of unused empty pages as you go year to year since now you can go multi-year with one logbook, saving lots of money, paper, and waste. Even our specific date adventure books (7, 14, 31, or 180-Day) have a place on the back called DATES where a range could be written. When they are stored on a shelf, and you scan from left side to right side of the shelf looking at all your different books, you can easily see which logbook has which dates of journeys inside of it without having to open any logbook to scan through the pages.

3.Digitally. Great idea, which we have heard repeatedly. Cost of a quality app costs a lot more than just throwing something together with one of the "free app creation" apps on the Google or iTunes stores. We would want the digital application to hold to the same high standards of the paper products we designed. We have talked to two companies about development and the cost is astronomical and not something my wife and I can bear right now. Perhaps with sales of the current journals, we will be able to finance developing into a product that is usable on phones, tablets, computers, etc.

Also, for the following:

Quote:
Our travels this year were: 93 days, 8 days, 14 days, 65 days, etc. I currently keep travel log digitally on iPad along with photos.
You can track different journeys like this in something like our 180-Day Adventure Journal very easily. Although originally designed for a single trip, it easily works to track your trips of 93, 8, 14, 65 and other lengths in one book. In the Date field, just put the date you are out traveling. You track expenditures for each day in your open left-right view, and move these numbers to the back where you also have the view to track your Expenditures for the 180-days across a easy to view daily tracking record. In addition, we also have a page near the back that allows you to total and track expenditures by the month, and you have an area to put a total for everything on one single page to get the record for everything you put into the logbook.

Oh, and every day's opening allows you to track mileage and an accumulative "Trip Miles so Far" which easily allows a running total as you go through the pages. And, every day allows you to put in a Stop Location as well as any Lodging information you want to enter.

Of course, this is how I would use the logbook. The way somebody else would use it would probably be a little or a lot more different. That's the great thing about it...you use it the way that works for you. You aren't locked into using it a way I want you to use. That's one of the best pieces of feedback we had in the past and continue to receive.

Keep the ideas coming! We plan to continually develop every one of the logbooks, but due to the fact that what one person wants, another doesn't, we sort through all feedback to try to find a common pathway for development.

Another feedback we got in the past was to contribute some of the proceeds to a worthwhile organization. We are also working on donating some proceeds from each journal sold to the Wounded Warriors Project, a cause we believe in and have always supported tremendously. Still trying to get this set up, a little harder than I thought it would be.

Hittenstiehl and FCloud9, thanks for the great feedback!
Old 12-05-2015, 10:48 AM   #5

Carmel , Indiana
Less than three weeks before Xmas! These make great presents for anybody that travels, no manner the method. Very unique logbooks that are getting a lot of great feedback. Order now to ensure delivery in time for the holidays. Get one for yourself and each of your family and friends!