Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
Difference Between a 25B RB and 25B FB

Explanation of the differences between the 25B RB (Rear Bed) and a 25B FB (Front bed Floor Plans.

Airstream: What are the Differences Between 25FB 25RB International Signature Serenity Flying Cloud - YouTube

Airstream: What are the Differences Between 25FB 25RB International Signature Serenity Flying Cloud - YouTube
Old 11-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Thanks for this post. It will be very helpful to anyone who is thinking about getting one of these. I really liked the comment about how the two models, one not better than the other, will appeal to a different type of customer.

The RB does offer some real advantages in extra bathroom space and the microwave. I remain an FB fan for a couple of reasons. We spend more time in the lounge area and it is larger and well lit with the addition of the extra windows. When we back into our sites, the view out the back is far better than the one in the front. We sit at the table, sip a nice glass of wine and marvel at the vistas while realizing how lucky we are to have our Airstream. We sleep in the bedroom and almost always have the curtains drawn so the view of the back of our truck is obscured. No loss there.

And, while I would like to have a microwave I have read posts where having it sit on top of the fridge requires a fan to help with the ventilation of the fridge. In the FB, it is a straight shot to the roof and no fan is needed. We do a lot of boondocking so the Microwave oven is a no go for us. It is very hard to get the electric oven to work when you are out in the boonies.

Oh, the bathrooms also provide different things for different folks as well. While wider, the RB bathroom has cabinets that jut out into the room a little bit. I felt a little cramped in this, at least as much as in the FB. I don't like the small mirror in the RB but the window is nice.

Like they said, these models appeal to different interests.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Current Thread

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ml#post1544345
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
No thanks to front bed Airstreams here, doesn't do well with our many varied camping experiences. And the fridge fan is no problem.

The 25 RB is a great camper and traveler, we never have a bad "view" and enjoy the extra bath space and bath window, and conv/microwave location. We put an additional mirror on the wall and remounted the bath door to open toward the bed.

Only the 25' RB is easily converted to reclining chairs. We took the chairs, console, and folding table from the 30' recliner model and put them in our 25' RB. This is a nice traveling and long-term camper; we spend six months a year on the road with it.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
I have read many posts where people like the veiw from the rear of FB models, and often say they keep the shades closed in the bedroom, anyway.

Most of my CG stays have been in spots where looking out the rear is looking at the rear end of the camper behind us, and looking out the front is a fantastic view of the street and the campers across that street. Side views aren't that great, either.

However, most of my camping over the past 45 years has been in the boondocks. The view there has been great in almost any direction. We like having all the shades up so we can see all around us.

When the sun goes down, Joyce closes all the shades. She is afraid somebody will be looking in, even tho we are the only ones in miles. After she gets in bed, I go around and open the shades in strategic areas. If something goes bump in the night, I want to see what it was.

So, FB or FC doesn't really matter to us. I do like the layout of our FC '31 Classic without dinette because of the walk around queen bed in the rear, and the huge "living room" up front tho. There's only the two of us, no kids and no pets. (Our kids have their own campers, now.)

Oh yeah, with the door up front, I don't have to walk so far to go inside when we stop for lunch or potty breaks while traveling.

Fortunatly, with Airstream you can have it just about any way you like it. We are so spoiled.
terryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
The rear bedroom gives you a big outside storage compartment in the back. The FB has it in the front where the LP tanks get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 11-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Our '10 FB was the first or second built 6/09. We ordered it with the small forward window for bedroom privacy, standard for '09. But going down the assembly line as a '10 the panoramic became standard and AS would not budge. That became a deal breaker. But after several calls to the right people by the dealer, AS reconsidered and built it our way. So the bedroom is private and we view the world thru our rear panoramic living area window.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Actually the 25FB outside storage is on the side and there is only the battery box behind the propane. A quite workable arrangement.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #9

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Pedaler View Post
Our '10 FB was the first or second built 6/09. We ordered it with the small forward window for bedroom privacy, standard for '09. But going down the assembly line as a '10 the panoramic became standard and AS would not budge. That became a deal breaker. But after several calls to the right people by the dealer, AS reconsidered and built it our way. So the bedroom is private and we view the world thru our rear panoramic living area window.

I wish that New Lucy had the small (non-panoramic) front window. In 1,500 nights of camping, we have never opened the bedroom curtains. We have always kept silver insulation in the front bedroom window. New Lucy's front panoramic window is kind of a waste for us.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #10

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
Actually the 25FB outside storage is on the side and there is only the battery box behind the propane. A quite workable arrangement.
Larry
The outside storage on 25 footers vary significantly depending on whether it is a twin bed or queen bed model. Queen bed models have one outside storage compartment that is a deep "L" shape and not that great. The twin bed model has three outside storage compartments that are fantastic for storing all the stuff needed to make camp. New Lucy is a twin bed model for this reason. Old Lucy was a 25FB queen, which was all that was available in 2005. We knew that we wanted a twin for the outside storage.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
mont st hilaire , Quebec
thank you this realy help me when I buy my unit
socool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Larry-sorry for the confusion, I forget to say mine is a twin.

Brian- I agree that panos in a bedroom are wasted.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
We had a queen that is now a twin that has the pan windows. Weather permitting, we open both windows, front and back, at night to let the breezes blow through. We have the day/nite shades in the night position and pulled down to about 3 inches. We added the shades. We can hear the noise of the night which makes it relaxing and a good nights sleep.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Yeah, I forgot the twin has better outside storage although I manage just fine with mine. I just wish I had a place to store my grill other than the truck bed.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
I get to store the grill and a Honda 1000 in the rear compartment. The rest of it gets all my wife's fishing gear.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We have the rear queen bed model with pano windows and like the arrangement very much, especially when camping where the shades can be open at night to bring in the moonlight and morning sun. We sleep at home this way, I don't like a confined feeling so panos on both ends are just the ticket. And we don't sleep across the hall from one another, but that's personal preference.

The side storage works well with four long clear storage boxes that just fit through the hatch and more/less fill much of the space, the most commonly used items in the first two boxes and storage items to the side two boxes. Makes the space very usable and convenient, just pull out the box you need at the time and all is at hand.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
The FB storage door in the front under the bed is handy if you lock yourself out. You can crawl through the door, open the bed and unlock the rear door.

Wife had to do it once when she accidently locked herself out and I wasn't around.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Peoria , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
We took the chairs, console, and folding table from the 30' recliner model and put them in our 25' RB. This is a nice traveling and long-term camper; we spend six months a year on the road with it.
I would love to see a picture of this setup if feasible as we are currently between RVs and contemplating a 25RB or possibly the 28.

Wade
kb7our is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
Larry
The newer 25FB TWIN model's have 3 external storage compartments in front, including a larger width unit behind the propane tanks....the 25RB TWIN model, has 4 storage areas, with the larger width unit in rear. I am not sure how it would work with the Fiamma bike rack we have with that door, however? We had money down on both FB and RB, Twin models...we chose the FB for the view out the rear, as some have mentioned. We do find locations where we back in and the view is out the back....the window in the RB bathroom is nice and extra room also, along with microwave. Both units have advantages. Just wish they offered the separate dinette booth along with the L-shaped couch!
gypsydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Classic
Sometimes it's Heaven , USA
We like our 25FB Twin for all of the above reasons -- But there is no way we could get our 2000 Honda generator through any of the storage compartments --- nor can we get the weber grill through the height of the door in the front behind the propane tanks...Sometimes when I think I would like a little more room to haul stuff that we probably don't need, I was reminded the other day in Homosassa Springs FLA that a 27 or 30 wouldn't fit where we had the 25 with a view of marshes and wildlife out the back window..
COUNTRYSONG is offline   Reply With Quote