Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2003, 05:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question Dealer Reputation????

HI Everyone! I have learned so much from these forums! I truly enjoy reading the entries, for they alert me to potential problems, fixes and ideas! Thanks so much Guys!
Now, we are just beginning to look at New Airstreams. I have seen (online) a 25ft Classic Twin "sumatra??" that I have fallen in love with. Well, an online affair<S>
My question........a supposed airstream dealer here in MAssachusetts has not returned emails or calls...so....there is a dealer in New Jersey who has been very helpful online...promptly returning emails, sending more photos, etc. But New Jersey is a bit of a haul for us. Before we take a long ride can anyone tell me if they have heard of, dealt with, know about Colonial Airstream in New Jersey?
We are off for a mini vacation with our '79 Minuet. Ocean camping in Maine. Gonna see how hubby, dog and I get along in tight quarters<S>
Safe travels!
Amy
Old 08-17-2003, 06:11 AM   #2
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
something doesn't sound right about that....I can't believe "Marty's" won't call you back. In my very few dealings with them, I've always found them to be "enthusiastic". I was just at the Wally club rally last weekend, and they brought over a shiny-new trailer and set it up on display, and posted a friendly salesman there with it to answer questions for folks. (i.e. "sell trailers! LOL!!).

I have his business card sitting on my desk at work...perhaps you should e-mail him directly.

Oh, and where in ME are you off too? I'll want a campground review.....
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:06 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by chuck
something doesn't sound right about that....I can't believe "Marty's" won't call you back. In my very few dealings with them, I've always found them to be "enthusiastic". I was just at the Wally club rally last weekend, and they brought over a shiny-new trailer and set it up on display, and posted a friendly salesman there with it to answer questions for folks. (i.e. "sell trailers! LOL!!).

I have his business card sitting on my desk at work...perhaps you should e-mail him directly.

Oh, and where in ME are you off too? I'll want a campground review.....
Hey Chuck! Nope, no response from MArty's which really surprised me. When we get back and closer to a new model maybe I'll try again.
Found a little place called Little Ponderosa Campground in Boothbay.off Route one on Route 27. From the Web pictures it looks as if its on an Ocean Inlet....should be good kayaking. No frills campground. When I called on the phone and asked for reservations they said "this is a campground" so we'll see. As long as the water and electric work we'll be fine!
Happy Travels
Old 08-17-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
I know "ponderosa". It is the nicest campground I've been to yet. (not like I've been to that many, really). Its beautiful...very wooded, the sites are good sized, the facilities are excellent, and its usually nice and quiet and peaceful. They don't seem to cater to the "family" thing....not that they (nor I) have anything against kids, but some of these big "resort" type places are just one big loud playground, with all the campers parked right next to each other....not my idea of a relaxing weekend. Anyway....we're hoping to get up there on labor day, if there's still any sites open. Can't say enough good things about them.

Here's a pic of us at Ponderosa taken last summer..just about a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	108-0823_img.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2666  
Old 08-17-2003, 10:14 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Airstream Info

If you will select sight www.airstream.com This will show information about airstream, the factory factor, dealers, and how you can contact Airstream . If you ask airstream will send you an advertisement catalog about airstream. You may contact by phone also at 1-937-596-6111. Airstream is quick to respond to you. Tomy
Old 08-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Looks Nice

Thanks for the picture! It does look nice!
we're not into alot of the Resort type campgrounds either. we don't have kids, aren't Senior citizens yet, so its hard to find a place we fit into. We have a water site at the Ponderosa. And I think the weather is going to be nice <crossing everything I can cross>
We have a medium sized dog and they seemed really pet-friendly so thats where we're going.
Thanks for the info! See ya when we get back!
Old 08-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Lightbulb

Amy,
You might want to search under user "kimili" I think that is thread about 2003 CCD for sale.
Just my .02
Abe
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 06:39 AM   #8
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
Those are good sites, but it ain't much of a "waterfront", as the brochure calls them. they're just right along side a little tiny marshy inlet. Its not like you've got some great ocean vista, or anything....but I guess its just enough to charge you an extra buck per night. whatever.

the pic I posted is just across the road from those "waterfront" sites. just as nice, imo...actually, maybe a tad larger. the best thing about being back there is that there's less traffic; most everyone is closer to the main road, so when they're coming and going, they don't have to drive by you. I just managed to book a couple of spots for Labor day, but the only thing they had left was up front. oh, well....not really that big a deal. I've been happy with every spot I've stayed in so far up there...and we've stayed there a few times.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Any comments about Colonial Airstream in New Jersey?
Andre
RACRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 07:50 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Hey Andre,
How about the dealers around your area? Any Info? So far I have only visited the one VA dealer. Not too bad, but they sell several other brands and only had 7 A/S on the lot. The NC dealer is only 3.5 hrs from us and would like to know what you think, if you visit.

Abe
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 08:40 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Hello Abe,
I've only been to the dealer in Lynchburg S.C. so far. Donmar is the name. It's off of I-95 north before you get to Florence. He had about 9 new units. Some were still 02' and 03' models. He has a huge inventory of used, abused, neglected Airstreams. I'm not sure what he intends to do with them though. Seems like a nice guy. Place looks like it's been there a while.

Stopped in at a rv place in Myrtle Beach the other day. Not an Airstream dealer but they bought out an Airstream dealer and were liquidating the Airstream inventory from that dealer. Looks like they had some good prices on them. A couple of Safari's for $33,000.00, a 22' CCD. They sold a 2000 model 25' safari for $19,000.00. The 30' classic with a slide out dinette was what I went up there to see but it was already gone. The salesman thinks it sold for $45,000.00, but he also sounded like he was still drunk from the night before. So who knows, could be true. Sounds like my luck, you know, a day late and a dollar short?

Planning on seeing the sister in law soon in Tampa FLA. so I will for sure check out that Bate's Airstream while I'm there. I'll have to see about going to N.C. and see what they have.

I'm still curious about that Colonial Airstream in New Jersey though because they seem to offer some decent discounts from their website.
Take care,
Andre
Old 08-21-2003, 09:02 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Cool Ponderosa(subject drift<S>)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chuck
[B]Those are good sites, but it ain't much of a "waterfront", as the brochure calls them. they're just right along side a little tiny marshy inlet. Its not like you've got some great ocean vista, or anything....but I guess its just enough to charge you an extra buck per night. whatever.

~~~what a GREAT campground! The site was perfect! We had site 19...it was a bit roomier than the other waterfront sites, and we were able to launch our kayak from there. Site 20 is Prime! Lots of "backyard space" to it. Ours was very comfortable. We're going to try to go back next month or in October before they close. We used the showers, was well worth the 25cents. Found the store to be well stocked and reasonable.....and it was quiet...busy yet still quiet.
Loved exploring that area too! Try to Lobster Rolls at the Doghouse in Downtown Boothbay HArbor.......cheaper than other places and even better! Also found a nice little hiking area called Porters Preserve..that was on BArter Island.
Over all a good vacation......and the Argosy held up well (in spite of a traveling mouse companion..Sigh!)
Still no word on Colonial IN New Jersey???
Hmmm
Old 08-22-2003, 02:38 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Amy,

Sounds like you had a great time!! I hope Mr. Mouse didn't eat to much. So what are your thoughts on Colonial Airstream? Did they seem to offer you some good prices?
Andre
Old 08-22-2003, 05:42 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by RACRX
Amy,

Sounds like you had a great time!! I hope Mr. Mouse didn't eat to much. So what are your thoughts on Colonial Airstream? Did they seem to offer you some good prices?
Andre
HI Andre
I have yet to visit the dealership. Am trying to get some opinions before we make a trip. Online they have been very helpful. Send information as requested, sent more pictures, and followed up with emails but are not pushy. There is supposed to be a dealer in Massachusetts but they have not replied to email inquiries and I was not able to get ahold of them by phone. The website just shows Motorhomes and no Airstreams. They may be wonderful but initial impressions aren't so hot.
And yes, we did have a good time. This is our first time traveling with our dog and found Boothbay to be very dog friendly.
Happy Trails!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:50 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
Any update on actual experiences with Colonial Airstream in NJ?

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:33 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

HI! Haven't made a trip to Colonial Airstream yet. Hubby has to decide when...I'm ready now!
But my email contacts with them have been super! They seem to be very courteous and professional. Readily answer any questions......
Haven't found any other airstream dealers close by.........
How about you? Any luck? Where are you getting your new Bambi from?
Old 03-01-2004, 06:43 PM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I have had a brief interaction with them when I found some errors on what I would consider one of the best Airstream sites on the web.

The folks there seemed very professional. Kimili a forum member here bought from them. I would PM her and ask her for certain.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:13 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

HI Eric
Were the errors on their site? I have emialed several times and they respond promptly and seem very knowledgeable.
We have a 20 ft Minuet.......but want to go Cross country and I think we need something a bit more roomy for the trip. Hubby and HooverVan Dam Dog and I find it to be tight.....
Am thinking of something with a middle bathroom. I love the looks of the classics. Safaris are nice as well. Might also consider a smaller Bambi if the layout is more conducive to a long road trip
Smiles Amy