Classic 30' Slide-Out WBCCI 50th Anniversary Edition

Hello,

For all that are interested, Colonial Airstream just received a 2006
Airstream Classic 30' Slide-Out with the WBCCI 50th Anniversary Edition
package. I think Airstream and the club did an excellent job on this
Anniversary Trailer. I believe that this trailer will only increase in value
over the years.

I have taken many photos to document this totally unique and very rare
trailer. I hope you all enjoy. Please let me know what you think.

Photos:http://www.colonialairstream.com/newinventory/8006.html

Old 02-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream
I think Airstream and the club did an excellent job on this
Anniversary Trailer. I believe that this trailer will only increase in value
over the years.
I guess to each his own Patrick. I find it hard to believe that this was the best that the WBCCI and Airstream could come up with to celebrate 50 years of an organization which carries the name of the founder of the company.

Go back to this thread. There were real ideas for what would have been something that would have been really special. And you know I submitted this thread to WBCCI, so its not like they didn't get any feedback.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...its-14256.html

Hell I could have made my Accord a 50th anniversary edition using what was expended for this Classic. Just send me some gold letters spelling Honda, some decals and them fancy wheels and I'm off to the races.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Hell I could have made my Accord a 50th anniversary edition using what was expended for this Classic. Just send me some gold letters spelling Honda, some decals and them fancy wheels and I'm off to the races.

Jack
Jack,
Why not have these guys do it for you? Their work speaks for itself
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0291.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	18340  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Are there really no changes?

Not one thing changed? Not one idea used? I agree with Jack. Why did they bother to ask for ideas.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Bling Bling!

I can't stop laughing about those wheels and pinstripes! Yikes, let's see, ultimate WBCII tow vehicle for this would be an Ivory Escalade EXT with Dub's - or Dueces (gold no less!) with the gold grill and badges.

Sorry, I want my CCD!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
eewe

I didn't see those. It looks like egg.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream
I believe that this trailer will only increase in value
over the years.
Sales bravado? Wishful thinking? Reality Distortion Field?

This particular Airstream will depreciate in value just like every other RV.

Oh ... one more thing ... lose those wheels!

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Can't say that I care for it either. I was just starting to think that folks at the factory finally realized that the decals they put on these things are ugly as sin, and as the coaches age, there will always be the shadow of where the decals were.

The very first thing should be all decals get booted off the island, then those frosted mirrors.....rims, etc.

The Classic, CCD and SE units are the best units Airstream offers IMHO in terms of looks and they incorporated little special items into this one, though it does retail for 81k!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pig
This particular Airstream will depreciate in value just like every other RV.
oh my goodness porky..........how fast does a rock drop or a pork chop?

now since the club is changing names.....this unit really will be a priceless collectors item.......
gt65/b cup? this could be your new trailer!!

well first lets compliment the jersey dealer for working so hard, buying and selling lots of units, keeping a good website with LOTS of photos....and taking on whatever combo the factory throws out....really i'm glad you post here and hope you sell everything to a happy new airstreamer...

i happen to have and like the burgundy paisley interior....called golden touch....i call it the sheik/harem edition.....but it doesn't look as good with the oak woodwork....looks much better with hickory.....imo

as for the 50th....well gold is the color for 50...

otoh are there any diamonds on the 75th models.......nahhhhhhhhh.

way too many badges/emblems/logos and such....

reminds me of a nascar version....for the geritol set.....does anyone really want the sofa stitched with a logo that can only get dirty? and what about those mirrors......where is the matching budweiser clock with frosted letters?

REALLY it's quite possible
this trailer will appeal greatly to someone who is part of the wbcci royalty.....it's the perfect coach for parking outside wbcci h/q in jc. or at the big rally.

the wheels are neat, in that they are a new design....
but lose the gold....looks too much like the lexus, toyota, jeep editions with gold lettering...

with so many badges to clean/ polish.....the owner will need someone from the "the queens navy"....

as in 'i polished the silver so carefully that now i am the leader of the wbcci navy.........'

it really is time for j/c to look for a different wood for the base classic model.....maple, birch, cherry.... anything, since oak has been done.

now... back to jersey....they have great pics of lots of trailers.....nice real nice.

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
wilson , New York
The wheels have got to go!!

'05 Dodge 2500 SLT 4X4

TAC# NY-5256
Tin Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Bowmanville , Ontario
Speaking of wheels, they changed the aluminum wheel for the 2006 Classic and I think they are ugly... As a matter of fact, I could not hold back my opinion and I told a factory rep what I thought of the new wheels at a recent Toronto RV show. I think the pre 06 (Alcoa) are much nicer and these gold wheels are an upgrade to the regular 2006 Classic wheel. I don't think Airstream is using Alcoa for their 06 aluminum wheels, probably a lower cost supplier.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Patrick -

Thank you for your first class web site and detailed pictures of this unit. From the postings you do here, your website, and the favorable comments I've read here about your dealership in the past, I'll surely come to you for a quote if and when I'm again in the market for another new Airstream -- however, I can assure you it won't be a quotation on this particular unit.

I recently returned for the Tampa RV show and made inquiries of several Bates RV dealership persons there (including also the half dozen WBCCI members manning their booth beside the new Airstream trailers) as to what was included in this 50th Anniversary model, which as I recall had an MSRP of about an added 1,000 on the 30' Classic Ltd, that I had them quote a price for me.

You know, not one of these people claimed to have any idea what this 50th Anniversary option trailer included - now, I know and can see exactly! Thanks much for this info!

I should add, though, that this unit might suit one of the Bates RV sales guys my wife and I met much better than it'd suit us. With his wide gold braclet, and heavy gold chain necklace, bless his heart, he looked at my wife and me and asked, "Son, are you sure you can afford this new Airstream?" "They're pretty expensive trailers."

To which I felt like replying, but didn't, "We don't have to wear all our assets where we come from." However, had I known then what I know now about this 50th Anniversary model, I'm sure I'd have also added to my reply, "But I believe this 50th Anniversay Model with it's gold wheels, gold trim and all, would suit you to a tee." (and under my breath I'd mutter..."a Pimpmobile designed just for you" )
Old 02-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #13
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Come on you just need the right tow vehicle...

Looky here folks quit pickin' This trailer was designed for a specific market, they asked for the wheels and the frosted mirrors. The perfect theme music, that Lowrider song by "War" disc 2, track 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lowrider-bus.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	18359  
Old 02-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Built-in liquid soap dispensers?? Disc brakes - AGAIN??? The value of my old '65 Tradewind just went up.
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Too busy outside, too bland inside! And will quickly be dated if the name change really happens!
C'mon guys! Fifty units like this will be done. If thats all it takes to get a special comemoritive trailer, I bet we could put together a list of things we want, guarantee a market for the fifty, and put in the special things WE want, like alternative flooring, not carpeting!
And I'm pretty sure the listed GVWR is wrong.
Do ya suppose they could possiby lighten the new ones, AND keep it cost effective, too?
Does marketing have a list of potential buyers? Do they really believe there are fifty officers or X officers with the coin, eager to have the latest status symbol for this year out there?
I confess, this is a big turn off for me!
On the other hand, I bet they id'd the market they were after (no doubt top echelon of WBCCI only) asked them what they wanted in an anniversery unit..... and the response ws More of the same please, but put lots of stickers and things on the outside so no one has to wonder what and who they're looking at!
The whole thing is UGLY! And please! Those wheels??!! What pervert is taking credit for those?

Elizabeth in Iowa
Feeling a little testy with the questionable taste and timing of the project!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
I heard they wanted the stripe to be six or eight inches wide!
But for the life of me, I can't remember if the 'farm animals' were supposed to have some sort of blue headgear or not..... what is it they call those things.... sorta like a fez but ever so much shorter.... what did they call those things again....., oh! yeah! Sounded sorta like barrette! Almost but not quite... barrettes are for my granddaughter's hair, Jeeze.... so close and so far....... dang! It will come to me....

EiI

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 02-11-2006, 06:22 AM   #17
Craftsman

You really have to wonder if anyone at Airstream has even a little bit of design education in their background. Who comes up with this stuff and who approves it? It's hard to believe that this is it, that this was the best they could do. Where are the clear plastic slip covers, and the decorative bowl of plastic fruit?