Old 06-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Thumbs up Advice on good dealer service dept

Hello.

My wife and I are on our maiden voyage, and of course a few items on our 2005 CCD International 28' need fixin' under warranty. We can't take it to the dealer from where it was purchased (Concord, CA), as we are 3 weeks into a 6+ mo road trip accross the western US. We are currently in Flagstaff, AZ, then will head to Albuquerque NM. There is an AS dealer/service in Albuquerque (Holiday TT Sales).

Is it fine for us to go to another dealer for warranty repair since we are on the road? Or do we need to head back to our original dealer? Has anyone used Holiday TT Sales in Albuquerque for warranty service? If so, are they reliable and do good work? I've heard horror stories of dealers not fixing the problem and possibly making more problems.

There is also Sunfire RV in Mesa AZ (near Phoenix), but that is about 160 miles from Flagstaff where we are and a bit out of the way of our planned route. But if anyone has some really good things to say about their service dept, we may just head down there to get the repairs done. So please give your recommendation/opinion on Sunfire.

Also near our planned route are Windish RV Center in Lakewood CO (near Denver), Ardell Brown Auto & RV in Sandy UT (near SLC), Bretz RV & Marine in Missoula MT. If anyone has any opinion on their service depts, that would be helpful. It's not a huge rush to get the work done, but we definitely want them fixed.

(In case you are wondering, here is our punchlist:

1. Front right privacy glass holding bracket has broken off as it sticks.
2. A few interior rivets have fallen out
3. When we unplug the sink drain and let water run out, the resulting grey water backs up into the shower pan. Not a big deal as it eventually drains, but the residue from washing our dishes ends up in the shower and we have to clean it. Our quick fix has been to just plug the shower, but we are concerned that there is a bigger plumbing issue.
4. The upper tail lights sometimes work and sometimes don't. Possible wiring issue.
5. The porch light doesn't work.
6. Some of the interior lights go on and off, possible wiring issue.
7. The rubber gasket holding the screens on the dining table window keeps coming out and the screen is coming loose.
8. A few interior wood trims are unfinished.)

Thanks for any information!

- Mike and Angela and our dog Kenzie

Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Mike, you should be able to go to any Airstream dealer for your repairs. You are good in asking for advice and hopefully some folks in the area you are currently at can chime in about their experiences.

Be aware though that since you bought your trailer from another dealer, you may not find it easy to get scheduled for a timely appointment. I know my dealer is going full tilt and he is usually booked up at least one to two weeks in advance. He works in emergencies and folks with problems who are on the road. In your case you have a fairly good size list which could lay your trailer up for at least one to two days depending on the severity of the problems.

In your case address the most critical issues first. Leave the others go for another time or city. It might be easier to get an appointment if you only go after one or two issues at a time.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Rivet Try this ... ?

sarmimi,

You could try this site: http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp

Needless to say, your best reference is another Airstream owner that has first hand experience.
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Pagosa Springs , Colorado
If you're coming through Texas I'd recommend the AS dealer in Weatherford TX (just west of Ft. Worth) It's Roger Williams Airstream (they are also a Dodge dealer) I just dropped my 28' CCD off today and am very impressed with their operation. The Sales & service mgr. is David Tidmore and he is an AS owner & is a stickler for quality work. I'm having some custom mods done & will post some pics in a few weeks.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
ALBQ and SLC AS Dealers....

Mike, Angela and Kensie -

Just to toss my 2 cents in about ALBQ and SLC.

Bought SilverToy from PO in SLC and got the hitch (Eqal-I-zer, sp?) installed at Ardell Brown. They seem to sell quite a few AS's judging by the number in their HUGE lot and the showroom. The service department was very friendly and helpful - they took my $ with a smile! No seriously, they were very nice and helpful. I did NOT however have any actual AS work done there so I can't speak to that part of the operation. That said, given my past dealings with them, I wouldn't hesitate to go to them if I was in the SLC area and needed something. Perhaps you will get additional pro/con comments on them.

I live in the ALBQ area and have been to Holiday several times with AS parts issues and questions. Andy Aragon in the service department is extremely nice, seemingly able and knowledgable: 505-294-8280. They are not a big dealer (in terms of lot anyway) but they are constantly having AS's in and out of there. Still have a 34'er that they are looking to sell! THink it is a '94, with rear twins and center bath.

Again, have not had work done there - haven't needed it yet. Hope that I didn't just jinx myself there!?! Since they are not a huge place Andy has routinely told me that they would have to order the part/parts, and he always gets on it without delay. Got the SouthCo rubber pads for the stone guards in about 3 or 4 days. Thought that was pretty good.

There is a good parts place here as well - in fact right up Central from Holiday TT. They do take a while for special orders but they seem to be able to get nearly everything. This is the place who everyone here in town orders thru unless it is a proprietary part. Central Trailer Supply - 505-266-5687.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it! If you get into town or nearby and need numbers, addresses or etc, let me know and I'll help any way that I can! What is AirStream family for, after all, right?

Ciao, and happy travels!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
DayStreamer

2001 19' Bambi
Mesa , Arizona
If you head south in Arizona at all, Oasis Airstream in Tuscon is quite good. I live in Mesa (Phoenix Area) where Dillons RV (Airstream dealer) is but still go to Oasis which is 125 miles away -- that should tell you something.
02 Avalanche

Mesa Arizona
AIR #5591

grizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
Petaluma , California
Thx everyone. We are now in Albuquerque, and unfort, Holiday RV is about two weeks out (they only have 5 service people). So we'll have to head to Windish RV Center in Lakewood CO (near Denver), Ardell Brown Auto & RV in Sandy UT (near SLC), or Bretz RV & Marine in Missoula MT but this time we'll make a reservation on the road as the dealers seem to be at least a week out. If anyone has any pro/con comments on any of the above service depts, that would be great. Thanks!
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

just head twoards the factory......................they will fix you up........

desi arnaz is offline   Reply With Quote