Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella 1000 > 1993 Excella 1000
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Sofa seat back

hi...two questions: i have a 1993 excella which, when i purchased, was missing the lounge sofa back cushion. i suspect a few things: that a cushion sets down in the 'well' behind the seat cushion where the batteries are stored and that 3 individual seat back cushions may sit in front of that. the initial cushion would insure you do not hit the blinds/curtains/windows with your head when you lean back on the sofa. my owners manual states that the long, main cushion which may sit in the battery well is removed, attached to the seat cushion in front and extends the seat cushion to convert to a double bed.
therefore, my question: does anyone have a '93 or similar excella who may be able to describe/send photos so i can understand how this was originally configured?
also, the airstream factory parts dept. told me the original mfg. was jone furniture from whom they have not purchased product since '99 and who appear to be out of business. i cannot buy the part from airstream (as they do not break up the sofa but sell it in its entirety).
second question: does anyone know an alternate vendor who may provide? (am not particular as to the covering as i intend to reupholster to match my 'new' sofa1) does anyone know where i may be able to find one used (have searched the web and have come up empty handed.)
Old 10-20-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1993 29' Excella
Jonesboro , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanborck
hi...two questions: i have a 1993 excella which, when i purchased, was missing the lounge sofa back cushion. i suspect a few things: that a cushion sets down in the 'well' behind the seat cushion where the batteries are stored and that 3 individual seat back cushions may sit in front of that. the initial cushion would insure you do not hit the blinds/curtains/windows with your head when you lean back on the sofa. my owners manual states that the long, main cushion which may sit in the battery well is removed, attached to the seat cushion in front and extends the seat cushion to convert to a double bed.
therefore, my question: does anyone have a '93 or similar excella who may be able to describe/send photos so i can understand how this was originally configured?
also, the airstream factory parts dept. told me the original mfg. was jone furniture from whom they have not purchased product since '99 and who appear to be out of business. i cannot buy the part from airstream (as they do not break up the sofa but sell it in its entirety).
second question: does anyone know an alternate vendor who may provide? (am not particular as to the covering as i intend to reupholster to match my 'new' sofa1) does anyone know where i may be able to find one used (have searched the web and have come up empty handed.)

Susan,
The couch in my 93 Excello 1000 came as one piece that folds flat into a bed when moved towards the middle of the trailer. It fits far enough in front of the drapes that it does not touch at all; in fact, there is storage behind the back of the seat in the well. It also gives limited access to the 12 volt fuse panel that is located back there. Don't have the slightest idea where you might find a replacement back. I would suspect that the entire couch would be available. Hope this helps.
McKesh mirrors
James Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Kountze , Texas
We have ordered recliners to put in our '94 excella. We will have the complete couch to find a new home for. Where are you? We are in beaumont, texas.
Ppear1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Kountze , Texas
Apologies to you!! Duh! I just noticed the date you posted--I'm sure you've solved your couch problem by now!!
Ppear1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
New Braunfels , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppear1224 View Post
Apologies to you!! Duh! I just noticed the date you posted--I'm sure you've solved your couch problem by now!!
Where did you get the recliners from? Any pictures?
Thanks
Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppear1224 View Post
We have ordered recliners to put in our '94 excella. We will have the complete couch to find a new home for. Where are you? We are in beaumont, texas.
Pigue is offline   Reply With Quote