Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #15
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEETER
Okay, so the next time I am out with the AS I am going to search out the other Streamers and ask for a looksee. I would send pictures of the inside now but don't know how to get 'em posted.
For some help with the photos - take a look here http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...eds-31829.html

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Okay, so the next time I am out with the AS I am going to search out the other Streamers and ask for a looksee. I would send pictures of the inside now but don't know how to get 'em posted.
This is a great way to meet people, no matter where they are parked. It's funny but I seldom had anyone interested in looking at most of our vintage trailers we had although we never did a TCT event. Our 17' Boler got the occasional request.

When it's an Airstream I always know I'm going to get a welcome friendly response. People are very proud of their babies no matter what vintage. If you are a recluse it would be hard to be an Airstream owner .

Barry

Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
One of the very few drawbacks to owning an AS is that we have to keep it clean and organized at all times! Anytime any where no matter which AS we have folks always stop and start asking questions and of course a tour is a must! We love showing the other half how us ASers live!
Our Trade Wind is way more presentable than our home!
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Airstream Tour is SOP at Rallies

Hi, at least that is how I believe it to be, is that Airstream tours are Standard Operational Procedure at the rallies.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:46 AM   #19
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
We have our Air sticker in the back window of our 5th wheel. You probably won't see very many "Some Other Brands" with that sticker but if you see ours you're welcome for a tour!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Sorry to say I've never seen another AS on any of my travels here in Oklahoma. I see them parked behind someone's barn or out in a field, but never seen one at a camp ground. Found one in a filling station and talked to the owner who had no idea what he had. He just bought it and knew it was an AS. His wife didn't want it, but he loved it and was pulling it back home.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:54 AM   #21
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Found one in a filling station and talked to the owner who had no idea what he had. He just bought it and knew it was an AS. His wife didn't want it, but he loved it and was pulling it back home.
Those are the kind of people that need to be invited to forum rallies and introduced to the airforums.com so they can be brought into the family!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Those are the kind of people that need to be invited to forum rallies and introduced to the airforums.com so they can be brought into the family!
Definitely! The "show me yours and I'll show mine" is most always welcome at rallies.

It's quite a phenomena. I was startled and amazed when 7 different non-Airstream families came knocking asking for tours the very first time I went streaming as a bumbling newbie. Now I realize it's normal. Airstreamers and SOB vintage campers even in non-rally environments enjoy mutual show and tell.

Respect, consideration, and timing should go without saying, however. I did not appreciate the guy in an Alabama McDonald's parking lot that continually attempted to detain me for a tour in the pouring rain while I was trying to attend to the dog.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
SAN ANTONIO , Texas
My wife and I just returned from a park with 202 sites and most all of them were occupied. I saw 7 Airstreams including mine. Most of them were late model Safaris which my wife and I considered purchasing until we saw the sticker price. Anyhow, we bought a 30' 1993 Excella 1000 for $20k that I would be pleased to show and now that I know that other Airstreamers may also like to show theirs I will be less shy about asking.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
We had the same thing happen as Flyfsher. "Miss Kitty" had no plates or title transfer. She needed an Inspection. So the lady from the Title Bureau came here(for $25) inspection fee. She said "I have never seen one of these".Naturally being a NEW proud owner I said "Would U like to see inside"?
We went inside she looked around, then with a puzzled look on her face and a second look at her paperwork she said "And What year is this"? She couldn't beleive it was 30 yrs old.
I have a small business here at home and we give tours all the time to inquireing customers. Im sure we will want to see other people's as well
Hope to see Ya on the Road
Roger
Old 01-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
On my first trip with the Trade Wind, a couple with a 34’ Excella much like the one I have now came up at a rest stop and asked for a look inside. It was like their first Airstream.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Ask

Sure....Don't be afraid to nicely ask for a look-see. With our Street Rod and polished Caravel, it's hard to get out of a gas stop. Try sitting in it at Cosco while you eat some pizza....

Fun stuff...
Old 01-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Moline , Illinois
We love tourists (TCT)

We love to give tours of the Trotter and enjoy letting people photograph it. We have done this at rest stops, gas stations. restaurants, and especially when we are in a campground. Did Route 66 this summer and met people from all over the country as well as from a number of foreign countries as the result of having an Airstream. Our plate is" 63 Air " and if you see us stop by. You will have to pet our Chesapeake Bay Retriver to gain entrance and if we are camped maybe stay for a cold one.

If you really like to see other trailers go to a Tin Can Tourist gathering . We will be at the annual gathering at Camp Dearborn , Milford Michigan- May 15-18. the open house is one of the really fun things at the event.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
London , Ontario
Quote:
Afrer arriving in an RV park and getting hooked up, I enjoy walking around the park to see all the other camper's rigs. This must be a natural phenomenon with most all RVers, just watch the other camper's heads as they also walk by. Like me, they are looking left and then right so as not to miss any details of the next camper.
LOL! So true ! We love scoping out other campsites getting ideas. One trick we use is to walk the campground after dark so we can "stare" with impudence!

Gary

Set-up by Can-Am RV
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote