Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
TV & Mounting Options Needed Please

Hello all. I have a 1999 19-footer, and I need to get a tv installed before the summer. My plan is to mount it on the wall facing the rear bed with a bracket that swivels to the front so folks at the table can see it. Insofar as the TV goes, it'd be nice to get one with internal DVD.

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

-JD
mrtorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Check this place out and click on components. You can customize for just about any need
RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtorian
Hello all. I have a 1999 19-footer, and I need to get a tv installed before the summer. My plan is to mount it on the wall facing the rear bed with a bracket that swivels to the front so folks at the table can see it. Insofar as the TV goes, it'd be nice to get one with internal DVD.

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

-JD
TV - One with an internal DVD is great and a space saver but when the DVD goes out then you still have to have one to play a movie. We have a nice 17" LCD from WalMart for under $100 and it works great with the portable DVD player we use in the truck while on the road.

MOUNTS - check out the mounts that SAMS or COSCO sells for around $100 or less. Just make sure the surface you mount to is not all particle board and back it up with a metal plate or large washers on all the screws.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
I haven't been on here in a while, so I am surprised this is still the top post. Anyway, the TV has long since been mounted. I used a Sanus 15.5 inch mount connected to a beautiful 19" Samsung TV (model #LNT1954H). Both perfect fits.
mrtorian is offline   Reply With Quote