Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
2001 31' Limited
1985 29' Sovereign
Jenison , Michigan
Wow......what a shocker! Have you approached the Grand Rapids Press, TV8, TV13 and TV3? It seems the sooner you can spread the word, the better. Someone around here has got to know something! Also, you might want to check with Woodland Travel Center (our GR Airstream dealer).....they could keep "on the lookout" too.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
West Linn , Oregon
Ohh - I'm so sorry! I like 62bam's idea of notifying the news stations. Whoever 'bought' it has to park it somewhere, and some of those neighbors will watch the news.

Wishing you the best of luck on your baby's safe return!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
that's great to know the vin is the serial number that is on the trailer on the little emble by the door right? neat to know what trailer I am...I am going to the area tommorrow with obniously large professional outdoor signs.....to post all over the area...hard thing to hide I would think?
thanks for the info.
Patrice
Old 06-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
I just had Forest Bone of the Tin Can Tourists send email to all Canners,hopefully someone will see it. Dave
Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Patrice pm me and I will give you email for Forest Bone of the Tin Can Tourists,you can send him pictures,that will go out to all Tincanners. Dave
Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
So sorry to hear this sad news!! Patrice - I'm sending you a PM with my email address so you can send the larger file of your trailer's picture(s). I'll repost them here in a larger size. Send me the best quality and highest resolution you've got.

We'll get this found.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #21
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Larger Bambi II Picture

Uploading a picture of Patrice's stolen Bambi II. Click on picture for larger version. Sorry so grainy. You can see the sizable dent about halfway between the bottom hinge of the entry door and the front marker light. It has no AC, baby moons on silver rims, rock guard on front window, black painted bumper, white propane tanks, jalousie panes missing from front door, manual jack, non-suicide entry door and non-original entry door handle. The water heater or furnace cover extends over the side panel and end cap on the streetside just above the banana wrap.

Looks like awning rail extends over both end caps by quite a ways. Patrice - can you verify this? If so, this may be a tell tale sign like the dent by the front streetside marker light.

Brad
FF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	105096  

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
I think the area extending is all awning rail over the end caps.
There is an airconditioner that someone installed that sticks slightly out of the back. I apperciate all the thoughts.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
something funny here.....

I have a "heeby jeeby" felling about this whole stolen story. It starts with the David Turner sales..."sells a lot of Airstreams"...No pictures.....right down to the Police who know and have the thief in question. Maybe a Texas thing.....but, around here this case would be "solved."
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
not sure what you mean? Dave Turner is who I bought the trailer from he sells a lot of airstreams...he has for years...I have owned the trailer for almost 10 years....Guy stold several items from my home (we don't live in it in the winter...) my TV WAS IN HIS HOUSE THE state police caught him and got him to admit to taking the trailer too....he says he "SOLD" for 200.00 to guy in area who knew there was no title etc..but still bought it...Police have forward it to the prosec. atty... but none of that gets my missing trailer back.....what are you saying I should do?? (maybe you have gun I can borrow???) It's all really bad hope this helps it make sense...Patrice
Old 06-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Ah, Ha...Now I see.

I thought you had just bought the Bambi and figured that the previous owner must certainly have a picture we could use to chase it down ...Was not sure why you did not have a picture for us to see.
We have enough of us out here looking to get some results.
I hate to think this new buyer has it on some remote hunt camp site hiding it....but you do live close to some wild areas
The moderators frown on the suggestion of gun use....so,...this may apply...
Band Castrator - Castrating Instruments
Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Oregon , Wisconsin
Hey
I'm new to the forum but I've been a police officer for 15 years. People don't just drive down the road and steal a travel trailer. It is likely that this thief had seen the trailer and then went to find a buyer, or at least he already had a buyer for it, a friend or an acquaintance. Hopefully, the officers were able to catch him with his cell phone. Subpoena the phone records and the buyer will be in there somewhere. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
I THINK YOUR TOO FUNNY!!Someone suggested conntacting air-med they fly over the area for a lot of trainings and between hospitals...they said that due to woods and deer camps.....But theif told police the guy who bought wants to refurbish....

I am on the hunt and war path......

that's for the cattle prodder not the policeman...not sure how to respond indvidually..

as far as legal...stuff guy stold from my home he took trailer...this is his story as relayed by state police he told the trooper he had and someone drove buy when it was in his driveway...and paid 200.00 If he is lying then why would he admit taking it...they did not catch him with it...
Just want my trailer back...whoever has it will need to surrender or become equally crimal in this which is a felony.
HOPING for a honest human to surface...will try to get on news and or newspapers...here which was a good idea from someone....
No one else would understand this except other trailer owners....I thank you for your ear. Patrice
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Oregon , Wisconsin
The problem is that your thief is also a liar, big shocker! The thief is trying to protect the person he sold it too, or stole it for, because it is a friend or acquaintance, or it might be an associate that he fears. That is why I suggested phone records. However, let's say that thief is telling the truth. One of two things is happening: The buyer may have figured out that the trailer is stolen and is trying to sell it as fast as he can, or he is actually going to try to refurbish it. I would then be visiting every trailer sales and supply store in the state/s making inquiries and making them aware. I would also be checking the newspapers and on-line classifieds. Keeping in mind that you are aware of your trailer's specific shortcomings that the buyer will fix first. I wish you only the best.