Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
You're welcome, Jamie...so far so good on the Tacoma...(funny you should say "Taco" as our AZ license plate is "TACOMAZ"...we get some smiles from that)... We've made a long haul to San Diego through the hills for a week, another to northern AZ up onto the Mogollon Rim and White Mountains and another up to the Show Low traveling through the Salt River Canyon, which is pretty steep climbing if you've not been through there. We are happy to report that the Tacoma is performing well. We aren't going to win any races towing up a long steep grade...but then we aren't interested in winning the race, just getting there... Toyota has beefed up all their truck with the 2007 models it seems, our Tacoma is a TRD offroad, and seems to be handling the towing real well...we considered a Tundra but (a) it wouldn't fit in our garage and (b) it felt like overkill for the Bambi...so a Tacoma it is!

Happy Trails...TB

Old 01-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #72
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Will this thread become a bit more active when the 'season' begins? We bought our 19' Bambi in October and it has been sitting comfortably in storage since then. We're itchin' to get it on the road but as newbies will wait until the weather is better.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters
Will this thread become a bit more active when the 'season' begins? We bought our 19' Bambi in October and it has been sitting comfortably in storage since then. We're itchin' to get it on the road but as newbies will wait until the weather is better.
I reckon the thread will pick up as it gets warmer in northern areas...we feel so lucky that we can go out camping all year long...which isn't to say that it's not cold in the desert in the winter...we just returned today from a campground near Tucson where we had 27 and 29 degree nights...now by many standards, that is balmy, but for us it's cold...I am happy to say that we remained cozy and warm and happy in our little Bambi...winter camping is really great when it's not the "everything in sight is frozen solid" kind of winter. We have not camped in snow yet, but we could if we went a little further north...or higher elevation. I does snow once in a while in Tucson Basin, but it's few and far between...we just might have to rush out to a local campground during our next forecasted snow fall just so we can say we did!

TB
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #74
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Portola , California
We bought our 1999 Bambi in the fall of 2007, and because of health concerns, we were only able to make one 4-night camping trip in 2008. This summer we plan to do more. I am thinking of adding a CD player to the audio sytem. It came with an Audiovox radio/cassette player. I will keep the Audiovox, because the radio has analog tuning which I much prefer.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #75
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog View Post
Hi all New Bambi owner, bought a 1999 19 footer.No manuals with it.Need Manuals on Bambi 19 footer .I am picking it up today.I will give my opinions later.I do not know what size the holding tanks are!
Black 8 Gal
Fresh 21 Gal
Gray 28 Gal

I bought mine new in sumer of 1998. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. Doing a complete resto now and plan to have it another 11 years.

The new modles have a 18 gal black tank under the frame it will not fit in the 99 the frame has changed. I was able to get 15 gals becuse I have changed the floor plan some.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
The Bambi thread is back! Yea! Still love ours... One change we've made recently is getting a kit from the Fantastic Fan folks to convert our model which had just a one-way fan to a reversible fan. We used to have a reversible fan in our previous motor home and really liked that...now we have one in the Bambi, too...(it's the forward vent...the back vent does not have a fan...but that may be the next upgrade). For those who are interested in making this change, it's not too bad. If I can do it, you can do it. That that much $ either.
Unit #3954
Old 08-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
A good investment, TB. While at the International in Perry we had that same kit installed. Fantastic Fan was running a special. If I recall, the switch and installation was about $30. They sent two techs, and it only took them about 15 minutes, and they cleaned the screen while it was down. We love it. It's always interesting to hear what others have done to their Bambi's.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We agree, SilverRanger...a nice change... It did take me longer than 15 minutes, but then I had never done one before...now that I know what needs to be done, it would go much faster... In my earlier post (#76) I mistyped, "That that much $ either."...should have been "Not that much $either." (Happy finger attack.) The kit was $35 plus shipping.
Unit #3954
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Why don't they consolidate Bambi threads into one??

We are newbie Bambi owners (new to us 04) Just getting around the forum a bit looking for ideas. We leave in a few weeks fo CO..
So far so good with the Bambi, we've pulled it around town a few times with the Tacoma. It seems like it's going to do the job..ok.
I think I fit in it ok, we tested it in the driveway for a night..

We, unfortunately, had a pretty poor experience with our local airstream dealer when we bought it, but we are getting past all that stuff.

I will post again when we get back from CO, maybe a pic or two..

My original question was why are the Bambi threads broken down by year? Aren't they pretty similar from 1999 on? Seems to make more sense just rolling them into one thread.. just my $.02 worth.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Have a safe trip. Looking forward to seeing some pictures, and maybe a story or two, when you get back.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
We are newbie Bambi owners (new to us 04) Just getting around the forum a bit looking for ideas. We leave in a few weeks fo CO..
So far so good with the Bambi, we've pulled it around town a few times with the Tacoma. It seems like it's going to do the job..ok.
I think I fit in it ok, we tested it in the driveway for a night..

We, unfortunately, had a pretty poor experience with our local airstream dealer when we bought it, but we are getting past all that stuff.

My original question was why are the Bambi threads broken down by year? Aren't they pretty similar from 1999 on? Seems to make more sense just rolling them into one thread.. just my $.02 worth.

My original question was why are the Bambi threads broken down by year? Aren't they pretty similar from 1999 on? Seems to make more sense just rolling them into one thread.. just my $.02 worth. [/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure there are some general Bambi threads...but some folks are more interested in year-specific details. You are right that later year Bambis are very similar...

We love our 06 19' Bambi and hope you do as well...and we also tow with an 07 Tacoma double cab...so we are working under the same set upu pretty much... Let us know your experiences...we are pretty happy with the set up we have...

Have a blast camping in CO! And happy trails!
Unit #3954
Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #82
1 Rivet Member

1994 25' Excella
union , Mississippi
Hi- We just bought our fifth airstream and it is a bambi. We have a 28,34,22, and we love the bambi the best. the previous owner carried it back to the factory and had the dinette removed and a couch installed, custom cutains and mattress cover. It is a ccd which comes with shocks and tbe rivet windows all of which we like the best. We spend all our time in national parks including volunteering up tpo 3 months at a time. We also have a truck with a tonneau cover of which we keep most of our extras including a yamaha 2800 gen which will run the air if we stay at Wal-Mart. Its the best airstream we have including gas mileage.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
whoopti3...Welcome to the forums and the Bambi-ite Club! You said it all...Bambi's rock!

Unit #3954