Old 12-04-2004, 06:35 AM   #15
Site Team
, Minnesota
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
Once they are taught that they can master the mechanical skills they will be excellent and nit-picking detail oriented workers.
(Anyone who can assemble and disassemble a food processor can master a drill press or a metal shaper!)
A lot of the workers who built our WWII Air Force were women. Do you think Wally hired female riveters?
Attached Images

markdoane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #16
Retired Moderator
1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
hey linda

i know where all your extra wire went!

it is under my kitchen cabinets, there must be an extra 100 feet of wire stuffed under there.

when i first saw it i thought it must be easier to stuff the extra wire in the cabinets than cut it off and loom it properly.

sure makes trouble shooting easy, i can just grab the whole rats nest and drag it out into the middle of the floor!

you call them ferrets, i call them weasels.
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
Hey Don:
<WWII Air Force were women> So happens my mom was a riviter at Lockheed while my dad served in the Marines, So. Pacific. P.S. Where did you get the photos? I'd love to see larger ones. My mom did a lot of training photos and film for Lockheed. She knew Maryily Monroe (before fame and fortune).

53FC: < I take it from your pictures, that you were present when your unit was built?> Nope, those are just some pictures collected while in process of finding ours, (I need to update them with our unit). If I'd toured it at the plant I wouldn't have found most of the problems. For the most part, they all surfaced after we left the dealership. Parts of the list are spread out all over this forum.
Thanks for the complement, I try and do my best for my students.

John: < i know where all your extra wire went!> Frozen Chosen came up short some wire too!
Cheers, Linda
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:31 PM   #18
Site Team
, Minnesota

Sorry, I don't have larger pictures. I just copied them from an album, I think it was National Archives website.

My mom was in the South Pacific during WWII, but not in the Marines. She was a WAAC.

markdoane is online now   Reply With Quote