Old 03-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
Eric:

I would use RV anti-freeze in the black tank, per the manual, to be safe. While I have not seen the tanks, I suppose that information is there for a reason? The manual also mentions that the anti-freeze will protect any "below floor drain plumbing if used in temperatures below the freezing point".

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:22 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Quite a bit in fact

Luckydc,
Understand that A/S just cut a hole in the floor, shoved the duct into it and pointed it at the gray tank. The gray tank sits totally below the floorline as well as extending below the underbelly (in an enclosure). The area adjacent to this is where the black tank resides straddling the floorline, so it is exposed to the underbelly as well as the interior or the Bambi. The ONLY exit from the underbelly for the airflow (without an exit, there can be no flow of air and therefore NO heating), is around the gap surrounding the black tank. This is not a small gap understand. At the sides it is about 2" and at the lavatory end it is several inches. I do not know if A/S did any baffling in the underbelly for the airflow, but based on using a smoke stick there is significant airflow around the sides of the black tank anytime the gas heater is running. Based on what I observed, I would say that the black tank could actually be getting more heat than the curbside of the gray tank (ie back side opposite where the heating duct enters.)
Remember, they are only trying to keep the tank above freezing, NOT warm. There can be no doubt that warm air is rising around the blacktank as the floor of the shower is kept warm and the only source for that heat is the air coming from the underbelly via the opening around the black tank (which extends into the shower area under the sitting area of the shower).

david

Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
David:

Understood. On another note, can you please tell me about your TV setup? Where did you get the arm? Was it difficult to install? What kind of TV did you get? One option I didn't get was the entertainment package. At over $2K is seemed kinda high. I like the look of your TV.

Paul

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #46
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Hello...

I sent off an inquiry to Airstream about our trailer yesterday, and here is their response:

"Your trailer is scheduled to start tomorrow 4-16-04. I am not sure we will
be able to take pictures with the schedule we are having the time is short
for this type of service.

Congratulations on your new trailer purchase.

Thank you,

Jim"

OK. So now I'm wigging out big time, and as you can see by my avatar, that could take up lots of real estate....

Luckydc- thanks for the Treg info. It almost seems for around the same price as a Tahoe, one could get into a basic 8 cyl. Toureg.....hmmmmm.

Jonathan
Old 04-15-2004, 10:06 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Congrats!

Jonathan,

If you really want those pictures, try emailing Mitch Bailey at tech@airstream.com. He is one helleva guy and will TRY to get you pictures, if he can. He was fantastic to me. But it is model change over time so maybe they are too busy at Jackson Center.

Anyway, it won't be long now. The best advice for these weeks of waiting is to keep busy. It goes quicker. Keep us posted.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #48
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Hi Big Dee.

You know a few months ago you mentioned Mitch. When I contacted AS, they said he is no longer with the company.

It sounds like they are really busy there.

Thanks for the reply.

Jonathan
Old 04-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Wow that sucks. A/S lost a good employee there. Well my "in" at the factory is no more.

Come rally with us.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:10 AM   #50
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
I just spoke with my sales fellow at Paul Sherry in Piqua, Ohio. My CCD will be arriving at the dealership in 45 minutes!!!!!

(New underwear, please.)

They will need somewhere around 5 hours to prep. I will be leaving Chicago on Monday AM with frozen pizzas(to check oven), short sleave shirts(to check furnace), dirty dishes from house (to check plumbing) and plenty of booze(to check liver).

I have striped the Eurovan of seats, windows, carpeting, radio, and the reverse gear since I'll only be confident in only going forward with this thing for the next coupla years.

Did I mention I'll be bringing some beer?

I won't be posting from the road, as my wife needs the laptop at home to comunicate with her next husband

So, imagine if you will, Curley of the 3 stoooges making some weird sounds, and then you will pretty much have a picture of me!

Toodles.

Jonathan
Old 04-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
If you haven't already

Crazy,
If you haven't already taken a tour of the factory, you really should while you are SO close. Jackson Center is a fairly short drive from Piqua (just east of I75). Might as well see where the conception occurred...

david
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
David is right. Going south on I-75, you'll pass the exit to Jackson Center before you get to Paul Sherry. They have a small campground called the "Terra-Port" on the East side of the Service Center (i.e. you turn left just PAST the service center). Personally, I'd spend a night there checking everything out and let them, not PS, fix any problems if they can work you in (and they're pretty good about that). And you can take the tour while they're doing that.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #53
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
To give you an idea of just how much my wife loves me, in March of 2003 we did take the factory tour.....the day we did that tour was our eleventh aniversary!!!!

It is a really cool place. Being a photographer, I would love to spend about a week or so in there and photograph every stage of a trailer being built, and of coarse submit them for publication in the new Airstream Life Mag.

Thanks for the suggestion, though

Jonathan
Old 04-30-2004, 01:58 PM   #54

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Food in Jackson Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKingMoe
David is right. Going south on I-75, you'll pass the exit to Jackson Center before you get to Paul Sherry.
When you exit off I-75 you will be heading east to Jackson Center. If you go one mile west off that same exit, you'll run into a great resturant. It sits on a corner all by itself with a big gravel parking lot. You can't miss it. I forgot the name but its heads and tails above anything in Jackson Center.

The cafe in front of the motel next door to the Airstream Service Center is not too good. Keep in mind if your trailer is in the service building you might get a little hungry when lunch time approaches.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:10 PM   #55
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
The Alumadome is home!!!!

Just settling in from picking up the trailer yesterday. Have to catch up but here are some photos.

Should I put my impressions on this forum or tracking the quality..04 forum?

Here you go:

http://www.levinphotography.com/as/

Jonathan
Old 05-06-2004, 01:38 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Jonathan,

Nice lookin' rig! How's it pull with the VW? I hope your quality is super high but post any problems to http://www.airforums.com/forum...5964#post95964

Keep us posted.

Come rally with us.