Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 1997 - 2004 Bambi
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Eric...stop spending my money!!!

Greetings.

RE: our newly ordered 19'CCD:

After giving it alot of thought, and realizing that I do need lots of air circulation around my slumbering naked body on a warm night, I've decided to pay the piper and go with a 2nd Fantastic Fan. It will replace the vent that is currently in the bedroom area. It sounds like you can have one fan running in one direction, and the other in another direction to produce a nice cross-draft.

I am not planning on upgrading the AC to the larger 13,500, then again, ten years ago I said the only camping I would do is at a Marriott......

Jonathan
Old 02-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I saw that post and just laughed so hard out loud.........I needed a good laugh today..... still reeling from the router dying and finding what they cost! Wanna buy that?

I think you'll like the second fan. A few things. First most if not all Fantastic Fans (unless it's a Classic) have exhaust only fans. The rear ones in particular are that way because of some RVIA code where the wastewater vent stack can't be more than a certain distance from the fan, so no intake.

Second, I read and also found out that when you are in the back, you can have the front one on to help reduce any noise created by the fan, or the other way around. If it gets warm, but not warm enough for the A/C or if you don't have power for the A/C the two fans will literally create a tornado in the unit.

Before it got cold, I turned both on full blast with one window open. Each additional window I opened until I opened them all and the main door all had strong wind coming in.....

Of course you won't run full bore all the time, but at any rate, I like it and you are welcome to PM me to come by and take a peek at how they work in our coach. At any rate, doing it now, compared to later might have saved you about $200 and with that savings, you could buy me that new router!

You know, Chevy has a heck of a deal on Silverados too while you're at it!

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Intake and exhaust

My bambi FANTASTIC fan has both intake and exhaust as well as the rain sensor. I could not imagine having two going at the same time in a bambi. I think I would get knocked down by the vortex.
campcollector is offline   Reply With Quote