Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
CCD International 19 Bambi vs Safari Bambi

Help... has any one seen the 19 CCD Bambi. I understand it has the same floor plan as the Safari Bambi, but will it have the full underbelly of the Safari or the International underbelly. Will it have the LS option available on the Safari Bambi?
As of today 8/11 the information is not on the Airstream site.
Thanks,
Abe
Aka vajeep
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:59 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

19' International CCD Bambi

Hi Abe,

I'm new to the forums, and am still lusting after Airstream (with hopes of buying one sometime soon). You can check out Interior shots at Colonial Airstream's Site

According to their site, it'll have an "Enclosed/Insulated Underbelly", so I'm not sure if that answers your question (Safari vs. International).

The features are listed here , although I'm not sure about the options.

And thanks to Kimili for originally providing the Colonial's web site.

Xak
proxak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:09 AM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Re: CCD International 19 Bambi vs Safari Bambi

Quote:
Originally posted by vajeep
Help... has any one seen the 19 CCD Bambi. I understand it has the same floor plan as the Safari Bambi, but will it have the full underbelly of the Safari or the International underbelly. Will it have the LS option available on the Safari Bambi?
As of today 8/11 the information is non on the Airstream site.
Thanks,
Abe
Aka vajeep
Call Airstream if you want to be sure. I just called yesterday and I am getting the specs and options list for the '04 Safari "SS" (six sleeper....not Super Sport! )

BTW, they told me the '04 brouchures are still at the printers about 6 weeks from being sent out.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Thumbs up

Hey Eric,
Just spoke with Vickie Lazier at A/S. What a wonderful lady! She was super helpful. She is sending information on the options on the Bambis. She answered a couple of my questions over the phone:

Both will have full underbellys with heated tanks!
The Safari option is available on both

"Xak", Thanks for the links!! I will post any information as I get it!

Abe
Old 10-02-2003, 07:28 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Bambi questions

Just received the retail pricing /sales order sheet from Vickie at A/S.
Still have some questions for the froum, espically for the 19'bambi.

The safari base:$33,203
options:
corner double no price add (If not this then what?)

color schemes ( I understand these)

Amarillo upgrade :$454
Cd changer :$394
front sofa :229
Safari upgrade option $1,987 (I understand this)

The CCD base $37,793
options:
corner bed "C" no price add (different from the corner double in Safari)

Color scheme (again ok with these)
Cd changer $461
electric hitch jack $297
spare tire w/bracket $211
stoneguard 3-pc $428
wrap protectors$329

Here are my questions:

1. What are these bed choices?

2. Is the Safari upgrade included or even available on the CCD?

3.What about Zip Dee Awnings?

4.No mention about the TV option?

We are trying to establish just what the options are prices before we go back to our local dealer.
Thanks for your help!

Abe
vajeep
Old 10-02-2003, 08:24 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by vajeep
Bambi questions
Here are my questions:

1. What are these bed choices?

2. Is the Safari upgrade included or even available on the CCD?

3.What about Zip Dee Awnings?

4.No mention about the TV option?

There are no bed choices. You get the corner bed...if you get the front sofa or dinette, both can be turned into a bed, however, I am not sure if the sofa/dinette thing is an option in the CCD. It was on the '03 Bambi.

My 2003 19' came std with zip dee.

If the Bambi follows suit the CCD should have most of the Safari upgrade package goodies...like fantastic fan. Not sure on the aquajet water pump, electric font jack, black tank flush are automatically a CCD or not.

TV is not usually listed, however, neither was the 15k BTU A/C unit for the 25' Safari. They do have on some of the full specs off the website the TV option, not sure on the Bambi, but I will say this, I looked into it on the Safari I have on order and they wanted $1400.00 for the TV/DVD unit. Unless you quasi fulltime or fulltime, to me, for $1400, it's a HUGE luxury.

Eric
Old 10-02-2003, 08:30 AM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Actually, Abe, take a look at this URL. It's the specs page for the Safari line, which appears to now include in 04 the 19' Bambi. If you click on the download full specs in PDF format, you'll get a look at the full list of stuff rather than the sales order sheet that has only a handful.

I agree it is very confusing not having the same info across the board, but in the meantime, this should help.

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...fari_spec.html

Here is one for the CCD:

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...tccd_spec.html

Perhaps in both of these some answers can be found...

Regards,

Eric
Old 10-02-2003, 12:19 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Hey Eric,
Congrats on your new order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confusing... You hit the nail on the head!
When we asked our Virginia dealer about the options back in August he gave us Vickie's name and number at A/S and said that we could ask her. The information we received has made us more confused.
We want to establish just what is available on each Bambi and then have our dealer price the options for us and then decide on which Bambi to order...
We agree that the Safari upgrade is a great buy from the factory vs adding it later. We also like the looks of the CCD , but are trying to figure out for ourselves just what the differences are before we go bact to the dealer and ask about pricing.

Still trying to gather information...

Abe
Old 10-02-2003, 04:16 PM   #9
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks.....

It's a fun time getting all the info together. Ususally, the dealer is a good source. I worked with several dealers throughout the process. I also contacted Airstream several times.

In the end I had a bunch of hunting down and questions to be answered, but in the end, I feel that once I got a clear understanding of the answers, it made the ordering part a piece of cake.

One suggestion I would have for Airstream is to be more consistant across the board. For example, what's in the printed brochures, sales order sheet, web specs can vary greatly (case in point, the boondocker packages just got nixed, yet it still shows up on the website as an option). The web being as quick as it is should seriously be kept up to date. There are few reasons a website can't change on a dime. One other thing I'd suggest is to really raise the bar on dealers. There are some great dealers out there. Not all will have the best price, but at the very least, they should know the product and be able to answer most questions for you. If a dealer just hands out a number and says...."call them" they are only half right. As a salesperson of many year before getting into I.T., it's the salespersons job to answer the bulk of the customer questions and the consumer to feel comfortable with the answers or ask the factory for clarifications if the dealer is unable.

Shop around and take your time, it seems nuts when you are early in the stage you're in, eventually all the info lines up and you start to see things begin to gel.

As for that dealer though, I'd possibly run, not walk from that one. Sounds like very poor customer service. If you buy a new coach the profit margins on these things can be fairly high all things considered. That dealer needs to work for the sale, not just hand you off to someone else. If they don't have the answers, they need to find them.

Eric