16CCD Shakedown cruise
Snow's gone (kinda) and we got out this weekend in the TT. Other than the surreal, burn-out march up the ALCAN in November, this was our first outing. Some impressions follow:
1. Everything that mattered, worked.
2. The size was just fine for the 3 of us. Not raining, but still spent a lot of time inside.
3. Everyone wants a look inside.
4. Refer fan IS noisy....will we get used to it? Think I'll replace it.
5. Storage space is plenty, counter space is stingy.
6. Suction cups (what a great idea!), unfortunately don't seem to work on any vertical surface. This was to be for a soap dish, general hang up hooks, and TP dispenser. What do the rest of you do here??
7. Our tool for cranking the stabilizer jacks is 2" shorter than the outside of the TT. One is strategically placed under the stairs so as to be all but unreachable. AS will get bill for bloody knuckle repairs; don't they CHECK this stuff? Off to get something fabricated...
8. Thermostat sucks; will definately replace with a digital unit.
9. Dump hose INSIDE the TT??; don't think so. I built a storage tube out of PVC and mounted it below the rear bumber to store the slinky. Looks like perfect solution.
10. TT lights up like a cathedral at night. Unfortunately, there is no dark until like 1am to 3 am.
11. Tom Waits or Sinatra when going to sleep?
12. Medicine cabinet needs some sort of holding strap or compartment for shelves.
13. Wife came up with idea of hanging a shoe rack in the closet. Great for storage without drilling and precluding future options.
14. Next: clam digging or king salmon fishing.