Old 04-15-2004, 10:07 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

I appreciate the help guys, thanks. There is ONE plain face plate in the trailer, on the roof. Behind this are some wires with wire nuts wrapped with electrical tape. I don't think even AS would make anything this difficult. so I'm probably missing something. Wish the manual was worth anything. It describes a front tv jack with booster, and a dual-coax faceplate with a jumper. But it also says the satellite antenna wiring is not available on the 16 foot model. This is somewhat telling, as the satellite hookup diagramed in my manual (one manual for all internationals) appears to be the same as the exterior "city" cable hook up. Could it be there is no cable hookup, only the roof antennae which is always powered??? This seems unlikley because there is a little door with a male coax connector on the RS rear of the trailer. Still would not explain why there is no connectivity between the front and rear outlets. My brain hurts. Hopefull, Jim at AS will clarify all this tomorrow; I'll let you know.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:12 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
See the black button to the right of the coax connector on MaShep's "Back" faceplate? That's the switch.

Pushed in and locked, the amplifier is on. Pushed again so it can pop out, the amplifier is off.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

Hi MaShep; is that a small black button or something else on your rear coax plate? you can see the rear plate in my rig in the picture posted above - no button fer sure. My next step, I suppose, is to try to hook a cable from the house up to the outside connection and see.....
Old 04-15-2004, 10:21 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Let's make sure we're talking the same language here. A female F connector has threads on the outside and a hole in the middle. A male F connector has a bit of the center of the coax in the middle and a shell with threads on the inside. The outside connector is usually a female.

Here's what ya need to try FC. Take the VCR to the outside of the trailer and power it up with an extension cord. Connect it to the outside connector. Take a TV inside, trying it on both Channel 3 and 4 on each plate. Let us know what you find.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

I tried to darken the button diagram...
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2004, 09:41 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Winegard Sensar Antenna Manual
Old 04-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

More thanks, all. Jim at AS also called today and was very helpful. It does not look promising. There is no button, and when I pulled the 2 plates they each have only one coax cable coming in to it. I have no idea how the thing is wired, nor apparently does AS. Jim is sending a booster plate for the wall plate/power supply that is supposed to be there, but the instructions (Thanks Maurice) call for 3 cables to daylight here, from the antennae, outside cable, and front tv outlet. Again, there is only one cable. Jim thought I could fish the other cables, but I don't know where they would be coming from. I will try to call him Monday and find out if there is a standard wiring pattern they use. Of course, we left standard some time ago. This is one of the more obvious quality issues I have encountered. Seems the installer crew ran out of parts and just made do; odds are the owner won't care......Hope I'm wrong about this.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:15 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

Thumbs down

We'll be checking to see if ours is in working order. Sheeeeeeeeeesh!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:32 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
FC, the first thing I would do would be to see if both wall outlets can get signals from the antenna by connecting up a TV to each.

The next thing would be to see if both wall outlets can get a signal on Channel 3 or 4 from a VCR plugged into the outside connector.

If they work with both, my guess is that the TV antenna and cable TV both plug into a combiner (like a splitter in reverse), which is then routed to a splitter.

Sorry, but this is a cheesy setup that will have a lot of signal loss, even though it will work. That's probably as good as it gets. Hopefully, they didn't splice the outside cable with the antenna cable without a combiner. That would be even worse.

Personally, I'd take the thing back to Jackson Center and insist they tear it apart, including inside panels off if necessary, and wire it correctly.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

I ran the tests suggested; both outlets display something on a few channels, but I did not have the antenna up (too much snow still). When I hookd a vcr to the outside cable connection, I got no signal at either outlet. We live in Anchorage, no AS dealers and certainly not an option to take it back to Ohio. If this was Saturn auto. co., they'd have flown a tech up and made a commercial on their customer service (they actually did this). Next post I see about AS quality......
Old 04-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

Angry

<but I did not have the antenna up> I put the antenna up - got a couple of stations, nothing watchable, way beyond terrible reception. It's worse than using aluminum foil and a coat hanger for an antenna, aka Al Bundy!
I ran our subscribed cable out and hooked it up directly. It's worse than the antenna, hardly any signal, no color - no sound. Not acceptable!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

MAShep; YIKES; did the button make a difference? I have e mailed Jim Parrot at AS and have not heard back from him yet (just mailed on Saturday). As you ran your cable directly into the trailer, I assume there is no connection/splitter or ? I expect the company to deal with this. Please keep me informed on anything you hear from them, I'll do the same.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:41 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen chosen
MAShep; YIKES; did the button make a difference?
When the button is on, it deals with the antenna. When it's off, it is supposed to work with the outside cable connection. I just disconnected the cable from the TV in my studio and walked it out to the trailer. I had just enough line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen chosen
Please keep me informed on anything you hear from them, I'll do the same.
Ditto!
Old 05-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #56
1 Rivet Member

Oven for 16 CCD Kitchen?

Hi to all of you 16 CCD lovers.....I am new to this forum and have an eye on one of your beloved pods, which would be our first trailer (though we have been thinking about/saving for it for a while.) It appears to me that this model is without an oven. Have any of you brought small toaster oven type things on board...or are these too heavy of an electrical drain? My wife and I live comfortably in a small cottage, so we could probably live in a 16 for more than just a weekend.....so....it would be nice to be able to do more than heat up soup.