Old 04-11-2004, 11:47 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Here is a photo of the 10in tv. I built the frame out of aluminum strips; it attaches to the existing snap grommets for the mesh pouch. The bracket on the back of the set allows it to be lifted off and moved to another location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lcdjpeg.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	5894  

Old 04-11-2004, 12:54 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

Looks Great! You were able to use the same grommets? So you can pop it off and put the mesh back? This could open up a whole new line of accessories for the 16CCD.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

Yes; they are standard 3/8 snap grometts. The tv wieghts only 3 lbs, so not much stress on the snaps. The frame also snaps off easily to be replaced by the lower pouch or other ideas, as you suggest. Its such a good idea/system, I wonder why AS doesn't offer it. If they did, the coax and outlets could daylight behind the tv, making it really cool. The existing TV shelf is engineered like a Russian bicycle and seems so out of character for the CCD. I wonder if old Charley lost his veto on this feature?

Tomorrow I will explore the antennae system, I am hoping I can set a DVD/VCR on the dinette, connect to the coax under the table, and play the signal in the bedroom. I see a call to AS coming on this one....
Old 04-14-2004, 11:40 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

aWsum ! I think the Tv snappers are a great idea! Will you take the Tv off while the trailer is in motion?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:02 AM   #33
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen chosen
Tomorrow I will explore the antennae system, I am hoping I can set a DVD/VCR on the dinette, connect to the coax under the table, and play the signal in the bedroom. I see a call to AS coming on this one....
Did the signal make it? If not you can probably install a small coax amplifier?

Have any of you "modern" Bambi owners tried running any home automation stuff through your electrical wire system?
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
I can tell you that on our trailer, the coax runs from the power cord compartment to a plate inside the credenza. This plate has two female F-connecters and a short jumper of coax between them. If you are going to use a satellite dish outside, instead of hooking up to cable, you remove this loop and connect a satellite receiver in its place, the antenna input of the sat box now going to the outside, and the TV output of the sat box going up to the Winegard wallplate that has the cigarette lighter plug and the switch for the batwing antenna on the roof. There is also a cable going from this plate, to a plate in the bedroom, that does not have a batwing antenna power switch.

When you want to watch standard TV, you press the button to turn on the batwing antenna, and that signal is available on that plate and the one in the bedroom. When you want to watch satellite, you turn press the button to turn the batwing antenna off, and the output of the satellite receiver goes to both plates.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:06 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

No. I hooked a vcr up and ran the coax out into the ant. connector under the dinette. The signal did not come through the rear ant. outlet. My manual mentions a jumper system for the 22'CCD, but says this feature is not on the 16CCD. So, I was not sure how the feed coming out of the ant. outlets is selected between the roof antennae and the outside cable connection. Also seems you would have a ghosting problem with 2 feeds. I asked AS, and got this response:

[B]You should have an option in the TV that you are installing that give you Cable or Ant. that way you do not have the issue you described. Keep in mind if hooked to cable the booster does need to be off.

To do what you would like with your VCR you need to tie into the cable before it splits off to the rear TV this is behind the booster receptacle. B]

I don't think this is at all correct, as the selector switch on the tv does not determine what feed is coming through the cable. I also have no idea what a booster is or where the booster receptacle is. Typical.....

MaShep; I have a padded pouch to slip the tv into for travel. The snaps are firm, but I imagine a good bump would either pop some snaps or jar the electronics. Wife suggested the other snaps would be good for attaching one of the AS clocks, or a picture frame.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:17 PM   #36
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Frozen,

It sounds like the 16 CCD does not have the loop connector Maurice was describing.

The booster plate is the white plate that the cable connects to under your dinette? It has a button on it that will turn on and off a booster.

If the booster is off, the cable feed from the exterior will be split at the wall plate to the front and rear jacks. If the booster is on the Antenna signal will be sent to the front and rear jacks and the cable is disconnected (in theory)

If you remove the wall plate you will see three RG connectors. One is Antenna, one is CATV and the other is Second Jack. You want your VCR output to be fed into the CATV input. This may require an additional splitter between the wall plate and the CATV feed from the outside of the trailer. This would be so you can hard wire it and leave it in place. Or you could add the loop like the factory does.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:00 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

Negative. The front and back antenae connections are on plates with a 12V plug-in above a std. male coax type connection (85ohm?). No buttons, no switch plates that I can see anywhere, no habla. The system you describe makes sense, and there must be something like it in the 16CCD; the mystery is where.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
The batwing antenna amplifier is in the antenna head. One of the two plates is connected to the batwing via coax. It should have a TINY black button that when pressed, puts 12VDC + on the coax center lead (the coax shield is tied to 12VDC - or ground). This doesn't affect the RF frequency conducted by the coax, which is amplified up at the antenna before it comes down the coax.

As Brett said, the plate that feeds the batwing power, and gets the received signal from it, should have three coax connections on the backside beside the one on the front. One goes to the batwing, one to the cable TV input, and one goes to the bedroom. The one going to the bedroom is in parallel with the one on the front of the plate.

If there is no tiny black button, does that mean the antenna head is being powered all the time? That would be a bad thing when boondocking.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Just read the antenna thread. Hadn't realized there was an unpowered version of the antenna.

Nevertheless, one of the plates should have three coax connectors behind it. If you want to feed VCR to the bedroom, you'll have to remove the cable TV coax from it, connect a piece of coax to the cable TV coax with a barrel connector (two females) and run this new piece to the antenna input of the VCR. Another piece of coax will have to run from the TV out of the VCR to the female connector on the back of the plate that the cable TV coax used to connect to.

IF and ONLY IF the batwing is unpowered, you can do the above to the coax coming from the batwing rather than the cable TV coax.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #40
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I wonder if they did not install one of the powered plates???

Could that be why he does not have a power button?

I would pull the plates and see for myself.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:48 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
All the plates have power to the lighter plug. And even though the plate for an unpowered antenna wouldn't need a switch to provide power to the antenna, I'd think they'd still want a switch to switch between cable TV and the antenna. Maybe not.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Cool

These are my plugs....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16CCD_outlets.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	5980